Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Weather discussion 16/01/16 Onwards

Liam J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any extreme weather conditions
38 minutes ago, Minus 10 said:

This is getting silly now, my phone is saying it's 13c outside, absolutely crazy!!! 8)

My weather station is saying it's 12.9c at mo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

11.1°C here. Been rising all day and this is now the max so far.  4.1°C Was the min last night.  6.07°C is the running monthly mean. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any extreme weather conditions
7 minutes ago, Chris.R said:

11.1°C here. Been rising all day and this is now the max so far.  4.1°C Was the min last night.  6.07°C is the running monthly mean. 

Hi Chris this morning when I left it was about 3c and it's gradually crept up all day, a bit earlier it was 13.2c but now dropped, obviously a warm front has passed through

Posted

Super mild sat outside at lunchtime even in the wind, bit of sun made it feel almost like Spring.

Beetham Tower was humming really loudly for a while this morning. Strange as it didn't do it on Friday and it stopped after 20 minutes or so, wind must have to be from a really specific direction or something.

Reading the model discussion and moan/banter threads is hilarious, think some there should take a break from watching the models for a while and enjoy the warmth!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

A  dry and off and sunny day. temp falling now with a max earlier of 12.4c. Min overnight was 10.4c. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

Winds been very fierce here!! Massive ceremic plant pot, a heavy one at that all smashed to smithereens!! Thanks Henry that was a lovely plant pot that was given to me from mum!

• Like 1

Posted

Winds definitely the theme of the day.  Gusty and sustained, Henry's quite slow moving so expected to peak later tonight into early tomorrow.  Central Belt of Scotland could be at risk of the most severe winds gusting up to 90mph, but it will be felt down here too.

I'm expecting this much vaunted 'cold' theme for Mid February will probably just end up 'at near average' or nothing out of the ordinary...hope i'm wrong, but everything 'amazing' seems to show it's hand at Day 10, and either get's watered down by the time D-Day comes along, or doesn't happen at all.

Edited by dodgeredee
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.
8 minutes ago, dodgeredee said:

Winds definitely the theme of the day.  Gusty and sustained, Henry's quite slow moving so expected to peak later tonight into early tomorrow.  Central Belt of Scotland could be at risk of the most severe winds gusting up to 90mph, but it will be felt down here too.

I'm expecting this much vaunted 'cold' theme for Mid February will probably just end up 'at near average' or nothing out of the ordinary...hope i'm wrong, but everything 'amazing' always never seems to show it's hand at Day 10, and either get's watered down by the time D-Day comes along, or doesn't happen at all.

Aye, a far cry from early and late 2010 when charts seemingly got upgraded closer to the time!

Edited by Frost HoIIow

Posted
2 hours ago, ManiaMuse said:

Super mild sat outside at lunchtime even in the wind, bit of sun made it feel almost like Spring.

Beetham Tower was humming really loudly for a while this morning. Strange as it didn't do it on Friday and it stopped after 20 minutes or so, wind must have to be from a really specific direction or something.

Reading the model discussion and moan/banter threads is hilarious, think some there should take a break from watching the models for a while and enjoy the warmth!

I think i am in a minority but i like that skyscraper 

Posted

Looks like it's doing something over Pendle way looks like snow but it could be rain

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

Mild day - wind is picking up now. Lovely bright orange sky. 

Edited by Miamay
  • Like 2

Posted

Dark here completely and very gusty been to the shop and struggled when the wind caught inside my hood lol

• Like 2

Posted

I've put tv on mute just so I can listen to the gusts as lamppost watching has completely gone out of the window 

Edited by itsnowjoke

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Breezy all day but the wind is starting to really get up here now so it looks like the local 5p carrier bags may be blowing around violently this evening.

some impressive looking clouds as it went dark as well.

• Like 2

Posted

Would rather have a thunder and lightening session and I don't like that lol it makes me feel uneasy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

Just watched the BBC forecast she says 70mph gonna affect us.

Edited by pip22
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

Seen them nacreous clouds coming home from work, think its the first time i've ever seen them, slightly more rare than snow and thunderstorms.