Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Weather discussion 16/01/16 Onwards

Liam J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales
35 minutes ago, cheshire snow said:

Have to be honest don't have any faith in the GFS PPN Charts,despite them showing a very wintry Day on Saturday with

snow showers becoming prolonged and falling to quite low levels.

C.S

I agree they are pretty useless, euro4 is pretty accurate.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Oh wow its windy out there... Sounds like a freight train.. Windows are creaking in their frame

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Wild night and if anything the winds seem to be getting stronger so could be an interesting commute for many.

as for Saturday, snow is in the forecast but I'm not optimistic of seeing anything here.

even a westerly usually fails to deliver in my part of the region, unless of course it's mild drizzle so little chance from anything with more of a NW element although I'd love to be proved wrong here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

Wind started getting stronger around 3am. Gusts and strong winds now.  No rain. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Horizontal Drizzle - Nice Blizzards

Off to Oxenholme this weekend via British Rail - hopefully some ppn maybe not at low levels but blizzard conditions over the tops.

Blowing a real hoolie here - Monday looks interesting.

Red warning for the Orkneys on Met Office.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

Seriously windy and driving rain

Posted

Cold front just nipped through - heavy shower with gusty winds, but nothing too unusual.  It's the far North of Scotland as usual receiving the brunt end of the wedge, but they'll get the snowy showers too.  Not expecting anything wintry here, apart from a bracing wind tomorrow.

Edited by dodgeredee

Posted

Bloody fence is driving me nuts!! Nothing will keep it shut, and it wont lock cause the silly housing has stuck the lock in the wrong side and its too far down to reach over and lock from this side...its fine if you want to lock yourself in the garden for what reason i do not know??? !!!! Lol... Going to wake partner up at this rate as the gate is right behind his head!

Posted

Oops i meant gate not fence!

Posted
23 minutes ago, SparkleS said:

Bloody fence is driving me nuts!! Nothing will keep it shut, and it wont lock cause the silly housing has stuck the lock in the wrong side and its too far down to reach over and lock from this side...its fine if you want to lock yourself in the garden for what reason i do not know??? !!!! Lol... Going to wake partner up at this rate as the gate is right behind his head!

Oops i meant gate not fence!

i am trying my best!! Lol simple theory but appears to be working! So far, so good.

p.s. Is that sunshine?

image.jpeg

Posted

We dont live far from here at all http://www.lep.co.uk/news/local/bomb-squad-alerted-as-suspicious-package-is-found-1-7704150#ixzz3ydHsFon7

Edited by SparkleS

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

A sunny day after a dry and windy night. Temp  steady at 10°C. DP falling away. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Windy start around here but nothing special and on the whole a mediocre sort of day.

the sun threatened to put an appearance in but decided against it so mainly cloudy throughout and although technically mild, it felt cool in the wind.

snow chances tomorrow, decent for high ground in the more northern parts of the region but limited IMBY although maybe something occasionally falling to remind me that it is actually winter.

as for Monday's storm, it still looks to have the potential to be more of an event down here than today's but still plenty of time for downgrades.

Posted

It's been windy a few recycling boxes may have moved a bit when the gusts came but other than that meh

• Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, itsnowjoke said:

It's been windy a few recycling boxes may have moved a bit when the gusts came but other than that meh

Yeah actually saw a couple of carrier bags blowing past when I was out from work.

Posted
31 minutes ago, WillinGlossop said:

Gfs n some others going for 3-10cm on hills around here....next week looking more interesting....

Possibly, even Di Oxberry seems to be expecting snow over the weekend.

maybe I'll open the curtains in the morning to a bit of white but I think altitude more than mine will be needed for anything more than a covering.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

I think we'll struggle to get the ppn, pretty good chance it'll be snow in heavier showers even low ground but as i said it'll be mainly dry.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

All quiet weTherwise. Winds eased. 

Posted

How very kind for the rain to be bothering the South for a change tonight, instead of anchoring itself to the North West.  Just waiting for the colder weather to dig in now, but still have my optimism level rating at 10% for any chance of wintry showers at my street level for Sat/Sun.  Tops could get a dusting.

Edited by dodgeredee
  • Like 1