Some of my time lapse of Storm Henry here if your interested: 

And lightning over the pleasure beach: 

Simple rain timelapse: 

TTfn

Edited by nodrog
Added content
  • Like 2

Posted

Well It's snowing here in Nantwich, has been for the past 30 mins or so. Very small flakes but proper snow, not sleet or pellets etc...:P . Too light to settle but great to watch snow actually falling.  Looking at the forecasts and NMM etc it looks like we are going to be under it literally all day.

Posted

It won't settle any more here. An hour has lapsed of it still snowing and it still looks the same outside.

Posted

A vast contrast this morning, went to bed with just a cm of snow covering the gardens and car bonnets, now there;s 5cm across all surfaces and more snow expected to fall throughout the morning.  The higher parts of Buxton easily getting 10cm+ by the time today is done.

Buxton Weather

We have snow falling in Buxton right now, and 4cm of snow on the ground @ 08.25 Friday.  High level routes are now severely affected  - the A54 Congleton, the A53 Leek and the A537 Macclesfield (However see message below from Chris D)  and the B5470 Whaley Bridge to Macclesfield are all now closed, as is the A 57 Snake Pass and the A 628 Woodhead Pass.  "Hazardous driving conditions" are being reported on the A5004 Long Hill Road. The A515 Ashbourne Road reports open
LATEST REPORTS "A515 Ashbourne Road clear to Newhaven - good conditions" Thank you Ross Martland @ 08.20  AND  "Got back to Buxton 30 minutes ago from a return trip to Macclesfield.  Roads passable with care. Some corners slippier than others. Gritters out.  Drive a Kia Sorento but plenty of 2WD cars travelling the road" Thank you Chris D @ 07.55  AND  "The A624 Glossop to Hayfield road is closed at Monks Road junction" Thank you Gerry Tootell @ 07.10  AND  "Just drove over the A537 Cat & Fiddle from Macc to Buxton, at about 6:20am. Road is awful. There's a good covering of snow, and it's slippery, and still snowing hard. Struggled for grip on most bends and hills. I wouldn't advise it if you can avoid it. I did manage to get over (in a little Aygo with winter tyres), but it wasn't an experience I would like to repeat - struggled for grip in the bends, and almost didn't get up some of the hills" Thank you Matt Pownall @ 06.30  AND  "Drove into Buxton this morning from Cheadle, Staffs on the A515 Ashbourne Road - A little snow on the road, but conditions reasonable." Thank you Jack Booth @ 06.50
New Mills School is closed today (Thank you Anita Harwood)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather
4 minutes ago, Minus 10 said:

Lol I think Liverpool and Wirral are officially the worst place in the region, all these snow pics and we have sleet with it soaking wet outside! Maybe next winter :wallbash:

It was nice to see a little bit of snow falling.  Yes we do live in the worst areas !! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms

Bet the Pennines are a good place to be right now or Buxton

Posted
3 minutes ago, Minus 10 said:

Bet the Pennines are a good place to be right now or Buxton

Around 6 inches on the tops of Oldham - about 2 here, slowing down a bit now :)

Thats looking at a fbook clip on the road to marsden probably around 35 m asl

Edited by northwestsnow

Posted

Was sleety rain this morning at 06:00 (miserable cycle into work) turned to snow around 07:00, and been snowing since - Birchwood near Warrington.

Settling on grass and trees but roads are clear

Train home at 12:50, I wonder if its the wrong kind of snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Never any snow falling here  always mixed with rain, and turned to graupel in  the heavier bursts. 

Posted

From a wet mess with a bit of slush on the grass/cars at 6am to proper snow cover by 7am and then mmaybe 5cm now.  Quite a transition.  Great to watch.  Snow now much lighter.

Had similar amounts from the mid January snowfall here, so to get two "proper" snowfalls as well as a number of days with falling but not settling snow (including late November which actually gave an icy covering), doesn't seem bad in such a mild winter.

• Like 1

Posted

All services in operating in Buxton are now suspended apart from 199 and Trans Peak. This will be reviewed in an hour.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold winters warm summers
44 minutes ago, Chris.R said:

Oh dear looks like I'm the last place not to have it then. Better not stay like that! 

Your not alone

Posted
16 minutes ago, Minus 10 said:

Lol I think Liverpool and Wirral are officially the worst place in the region, all these snow pics and we have sleet with it soaking wet outside! Maybe next winter :wallbash:

I'm not a million miles away.

20160304_083305.thumb.jpg.de2a53b79e92f320160304_082743.thumb.jpg.9e7a59e0d0fa74

Still going as well, though that's probably the cue for it to stop... :unsure2:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms
2 minutes ago, AderynCoch said:

I'm not a million miles away.

20160304_083305.thumb.jpg.de2a53b79e92f320160304_082743.thumb.jpg.9e7a59e0d0fa74

Still going as well, though that's probably the cue for it to stop... :unsure2:

Wow amazing difference of a few miles, takes me 15mins  to get to there!

Posted

Got a covering but I can hear drip drip

Posted

Just seen a pic of Warwickshire this morning with completely crystal-clear skies blue with spring-warmth. You can't argue the British weather has it's qwerks.

• Like 2

Posted
15 minutes ago, itsnowjoke said:

Got a covering but I can hear drip drip

Dripping here too. Need the intensity to keep up, but it's dying down now.

Posted

Light snow now, just when you think it's about to peter out, it peps up again.  Heavy wet falling off tree branches and overhead power lines.