Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Weather discussion 16/01/16 Onwards

Liam J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Rain 4.6c Dew point 1.8c

Didnt even get a flake. RUBBISH. Move on nothing to see...as per.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

I can vouch for WillinGlossop,  Piling up and around 6.5" currently. DCC doing a sterling job trying to clear the minor roads around Hadfield.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in the Summer, cold and snowy in the winter, simples!

Been steady/moderate here in South Manchester but thawing on roads and pavements and just sticking to roofs and grass and cars. 

Still a very welcome scene as just love to watch snow falling and easily best snow for a few years. (which is kind of sad in itself)

Posted

Snowjoke, I believe the road was flooded again near Tesco's from water coming down the footpath from under the railway, is that due to the rain last night that preceded the snow?

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Heavy persistent snow here in the Peak District, Just got back from Buxton the A515 is slowly getting impassable in places. Much more snow out in the small villages and hamlets round here..

Buxton train station 30 min ago.

20160304_111538.jpg

Edited by Polar Maritime
  • Like 3

Posted
6 minutes ago, Had Worse said:

I can vouch for WillinGlossop,  Piling up and around 6.5" currently. DCC doing a sterling job trying to clear the minor roads around Hadfield.

Really heavy whiteout..... Really did not expect this much snow.... Making moussaka and staying in now.... Not many cars on roads around but lots of people in town.... Feels like xmas picture post card....  As soon as snow cleared in five minutes you wouldnt of known up here atm....

tried to upload pictures but not working with interweb cutting out.... Listening to radio as satellite out of action....

Edited by WillinGlossop
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

Stopped here now. Here comes the thaw!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in the Summer, cold and snowy in the winter, simples!
Just now, karyo said:

Heaviest snow of the day so far!

Yeah same here, really just started turning from moderate to heavy and trying to stick all surfaces again.

Nice big fluffly flakes too. Love it.

Posted
1 minute ago, WillinGlossop said:

Really heavy whiteout..... Really did not expect this much snow.... Making moussaka and staying in now.... Not many cars on roads around but lots of people in town.... Feels like xmas picture post card....  As soon as snow cleared in five minutes you wouldnt of known up here atm....

We'd need moussaka on an industrial scale to feed our family, looks were getting snow on that scale too.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

Just rain here now, no snow has stuck here. Seeing plenty of snow pics around me though!

Posted
Just now, Had Worse said:

Snowjoke, I believe the road was flooded again near Tesco's from water coming down the footpath from under the railway, is that due to the rain last night that preceded the snow?

The small river sourcing from Whaley Moor which cut's through the estate above Tesco's has had this a issue for some-time since late December, with the conduit going under the main road still being blocked by silt and leaves. DCC still hasn't had chance to sort it out and I was only walking under the bridge on Monday with the silt is a good foot or so above the previous time it flooded, so it doesn't surprise me that it's done it again.

If the snow thaws all at once in the coming week then I'll be grabbing the camera and taking some snaps for the council.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: LP - Horizontal Drizzle - Nice Blizzards

Rain - fast melt.

Posted
7 minutes ago, Polar Maritime said:

Heavy persistent snow here in the Peak District, Just got back from Buxton the A515 is slowly getting impassable in places. Much more snow out in the small villages and hamlets round here..

Buxton train station 30 min ago.

Strangely it was not to bad in Buxton this morning, the snow was some 16 miles further north here. No good if trying to get to the college from my location.

7 minutes ago, Carl46Wrexham said:

Rain 4.6c Dew point 1.8c

Didnt even get a flake. RUBBISH. Move on nothing to see...as per.

Yes Hawarden reporting similar, may be a touch of Fohn though temperatures are about the same out west at Valley and over the Irish Sea. Working eastwards Liverpool airport 3°C, Rostherne 1°C and then 0°C for Manchester airport, be interesting to see if the milder temperatures spread any further before the winds veer northerly soon.

Been mostly rain in Warrington for past hour, even up at highest point just over 100 metres.

Posted

I do wonder if the lying snow adds to modifying the atmosphere enough to keep it on the white side.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

raining

Posted

Hearing about a overturned bus in Stockport adding to the volume of incidents, just one tweet so far reported about it however.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

I think it is raining now. Roll on Summer!!

Done the snow for me now on to the thunderstorms!!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, cold, cold and errrr......cold. I am, unashamedly, a cold fan.

:yahoo:Still snowing. It's snowed all morning in fact. Lovely. It could snow all year round for all I care. :)

Edited by simshady

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards-Winter-Storms-Raging Seas-Thunderstorms
42 minutes ago, Had Worse said:

Hi:hi:

Just been checking the area out.Be careful.

Suggested place for shelter.

Duke Of York-where else.

_66772636_dukeofyork.jpg

36 minutes ago, WillinGlossop said:

tried to upload pictures but not working with interweb cutting out.... Listening to radio as satellite out of action....

Sure gets tricky up there in your location.Shame about not being able to upload pictures at the moment.

Edited by Blowingsand

Posted

if this was all rain it must be near 2 inches. Imagine if it was January and had been all snow from the beginning!

Posted

Snow flakes getting bigger