Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Weather discussion 16/01/16 Onwards

Liam J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Internet went down this morning so only just got my data for last night. I had another air frost. That wasn't supposed to happen. Met office app projections  were 4°C out .  Very surprised we still manage that even with a westerly component to the wind. Min was -1.0°C.  That makes 4 air frosts for the winter, 3 in Feb. 

Edited by Chris.R
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms

Lovely out there now, roll on spring (when it will probably snow instead)!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

Hail showers here. Better than nowt anyway.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

The Met Office issued a yellow warning for heavy rain at the weekend. Oh god not this again!! Hopefully it wouldn't as devastated as early this year or December.  :(

Posted

Typical that our region is shaping up to be the dividing line between colder weather in the north and warmer weather to the south.  Let's all welcome the wriggling weather front that looks like parking in our region over the weekend.  Get up early tomorrow, enjoy the frost and early brightness if your lucky, it could be downhill for 3 days after that.

Edited by dodgeredee

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
18 hours ago, WillinGlossop said:

Overhyped expectations in se forum.....said something earlier oh well... Like i said enjoy the rain.....nevermind..... Im outta here.... Night all.....

just thinking Will, you were right, if you can't see snow at 300m, nobody will

• Like 2

Posted

Nice!! Just had a heavy hail shower and it left with some temporary slight accumulation here.

:)

Edited by pip22

Posted

I have to report that there is white stuff on the ground partly hail and partly snow from a brief blizzard which apparently went through when I was driving home. I could see it in the distance when I left Bury and was surprised to see white on Rooley moor as I drove through Edenfield but on arriving an Bacup the tops are all white and my Dads garden which is at 1000 ft is covered.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Nothing to get excited about but there are very small flakes of snow falling at Manchester Airport

C.S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.

After dense fog this morning it brightened up around 9am onwards leaving not a bad day.....but it's back to the rain tomorrow :closedeyes:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
58 minutes ago, shadowfax said:

I have to report that there is white stuff on the ground partly hail and partly snow from a brief blizzard which apparently went through when I was driving home. I could see it in the distance when I left Bury and was surprised to see white on Rooley moor as I drove through Edenfield but on arriving an Bacup the tops are all white and my Dads garden which is at 1000 ft is covered.

Weather is all over the place at the moment.

yesterdays forecast snow ended up as nothing but rain.

todays forecast dry sunny day gave us snow showers 

maybe the weekend's wriggling weather front will wriggle further south and turn the forecast deluge into a snow fest for us instead.

Probably more chance of winning a few millions on the lottery this weekend.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !

that straggling front stretching back into the west Atlantic does look tad concerning for the Lake District ??

Edited by Badgers01

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

Woke up to a harsh frost this morning. It had rained then frozen - even car door handles were frozen. Drizzly bits of rain theough day. Cold out now but dry. :cold:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Again it is colder than I expected this evening, Currently 3.1°C.  Temperature has been falling steadily but there is still a south-westerly wind which  usually keeps temperatures up. 

Posted

Temperature at exact zero 0.0'c in Buxton at 02:30am, rising slightly as thin cloud comes overhead. Looking forward to making the best of tomorrow's sun before the drab and drizzle return for the weekend.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Not looking good for the region over the weekend, rain throughout and some of it heavy so a good chance that flooding will become an issue again.

is it really to much to ask for a couple of dry weeks.

Posted

As expected the promising start to the day has given way to a blanket of grayness and light rain.  More of this to come probably, over the weekend.  Not sure it's going to be really heavy, but it will have nuisance value.

Posted

Piffling drizzle.  Two days with some lovely sunshine wasn't enough.  I need more than our woeful, boring climate can give.  Need a holiday........

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms

it looks like the models are trying to bring winter in finally, some decent charts starting to show up within 120hrs. Here's hoping, not too much though as we've been let down so much this winter. It would be nice though if winter went out with a bang! If this fails then that really is that for me til next year....