Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Weather discussion 16/01/16 Onwards

Liam J

Posted

the crazy thing is , its moving from SW - NE thats probably why a number of places west have missed it, Aigburth was probably it's most western segment of snow producing clouds, should reach Runcorn soon if not already

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

All the PPN TO the South West,Thats our rain for tonight/Tomorrow

C.S 

Edited by cheshire snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days
6 minutes ago, Minus 10 said:

The stuff due tonight/tmr looks a letdown to for us too! We need -50 uppers to get snow!!!!

I'm speechless   Really with how unlucky we have been. It couldn't have  gone more wrong for us. Our only hope is  Wed/Thur  being a proper battleground. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!
2 minutes ago, Bolton67 said:

Went for morning stroll.. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Looks great! Loving the winter wonderland scenes :)

• Like 1

Posted

I should think this light snow will stop soon, it picked up a bit, then it's just petered out back into very light snow now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms
3 minutes ago, HotCuppa said:

I should think this light snow will stop soon, it picked up a bit, then it's just petered out back into very light snow now.

Rain tonight for us Tonight/Tomorrow HC?

C.S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Makes a nice change to have a morning dog walk with a dusting of snow & frost, dogs in their winter gear lol... Been some melt overnight until the skies cleared and it froze over, still some small snow cover remains... Shame this wasn't the start of prolonged cold spell with harsh frosts and more snow to come! Guess I'll just have to be happy with the small dusting I got! 

snow15.thumb.JPG.238ae172ef63c4538b9d543snow16.thumb.JPG.043ac09ff03e1fb127e3ed6snow17.thumb.JPG.7fc71fbbc09b10d924ce612snow18.thumb.JPG.f1cc81387c158c3b3dd8ed8

• Like 4

Posted
Just now, cheshire snow said:

Rain tonight for us Tonight/Tomorrow HC?

C.S

not had time to check,  need some coffee fuel first before i think of anything haha  , how long can we hold on to the cold air? Frontal snow is difficult to even think about.

Posted

Just took the dogs up the werneth low. Probs only 2cms max. But pretty non the less. 

image.jpeg

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Looking at the snow depth this morning, the back edge of the band must have cleared through here as I called it a night.

nice winter scenes this morning though and depth is comparable with Boxing Day 2014.

whether it will hand around like that did, we'll know in a few days but nice conditions to get out walking in.

image.jpg

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Just woke up. Snowing heavily with big flakes! :)

• Like 3

Posted

A messy mix of sleety snow forecast this afternoon, evening and overnight, no sure what to expect, conditions look quite marginal, but I think we might see more snow than sleet, not expecting much, but a little top up will be nice.

Posted
2 minutes ago, Backtrack said:

Just woke up. Snowing heavily with big flakes! :)

Just as I said it was heading your way.  Maximum extent was Aigburth, heaviest snow this side of them, but it's turned to very light stuff now, ending very soon as in a few minutes here. Its mostly over your side now. its funny because its showing snow as sleet on the radar..and its been doing that all night long, so much for the GFS

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy winters and warm sunny summers

It was a great snow day here with snow falling continuously from 2pm to 10pm leaving 7-8 cms of dry snow this then followed by a hard frost. Perfect.

Andy

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.
1 minute ago, HotCuppa said:

Just as I said it was heading your way.  Maximum extent was Aigburth, heaviest snow this side of them, but it's turned to very light stuff now, ending very soon as in a few minutes here. Its mostly over your side now. its funny because its showing snow as sleet on the radar..and its been doing that all night long, so much for the GFS

The light snow will just of been all the moisture in the air. This heavier stuff is the slowest moving, tiniest little shower I've ever seen on the radar haha

the GFS can suck a lemon. No wonder the Met don't use it. New hi-res upgrade has made it worse

Posted

Around 3cm here measured out in the open near to Buxton, there's likely up to 10cm on the higher routes around Shining Tor and Hayfield. More snow forecast for tomorrow so if temps stay low enough for most of the day there shouldn't be too much of a melt.

DSC_0326.JPG

DSC_0337.JPG

• Like 2

Posted

Snow on the ground slowly melting in the city centre which is not a surprise as with all the cloud it didn't freeze last night.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)
12 minutes ago, damianslaw said:

A messy mix of sleety snow forecast this afternoon, evening and overnight, no sure what to expect, conditions look quite marginal, but I think we might see more snow than sleet, not expecting much, but a little top up will be nice.

The ppn looks quite light and patchy once it gets this far according to the models but certainly a risk of more snow, the NetWx-SR has dew points around 0-1c for much of Cumbria into Monday morning with surface temps 1-2c for most, sub zero 850's and an offshore wind. Quite marginal as you say so expecting rain this far west if any ppn turns up. Remaining quite cold for the first part of the week with low single figures by day and frost by night depending on cloud amounts. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

I thought the snow is falling but it is actually lying snow blown off by the tree.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

Still can't believe i seen no lying snow yesterday, also can't believe how many times this happens, pretty unbelievable.