Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dami

My Little one's project :)

Every term my little one gets 'homework' and this terms is based on the weather! The actual brief is easy - from now on count how many sunny days, rainy days etc we have till start of march - but I'm wondering If anyone could give us any ideas on how I can make this a 'project' to show the class and how I could present it, baring in mind she is only five. ( I don't want just to have a bit of paper with numbers on)

Any idea no matter how small would great!

many thanks:)

Maybe you can make a calendar and she can draw a picture of each day's weather in it.:santa-emoji::reindeer-emoji: Although where you live, it will always be windy, how do you draw wind?:cc_confused::cold-emoji:

Or you can make symbols...... They do a weather related good behaviour chart type thing at my little boys school where they can end up on the Sun if they are exceptional or lightening Cloud if really bad.

On 1/12/2016 at 4:59 PM, lassie23 said:

Maybe you can make a calendar and she can draw a picture of each day's weather in it.:santa-emoji::reindeer-emoji: Although where you live, it will always be windy, how do you draw wind?:cc_confused::cold-emoji:

For wind, you can have a blowing mouth with streamers coming out and have different numbers or colours of streamers for each strength, or why not adapt the NW "Will it?" symbol of a wind sock - you could use a real sock! I get bored of entirely computerised/powerpoint presentations from students and so do lay audiences, so why not make a big A1/A0 size paper calendar like Lassie says with cut out shapes (use a computer to make them but annotate by hand). You could use your computer to further enhance this if you have an assistant who can push the button at the right time (like I used to do in amateur theatre) to make the appropriate sound as you are taking the audience through the calendar. Takes effort, but it will be beautiful for your babe and show that you are teaching her real multimedia.

I wonder what weather would be like set to music?

Say a 10 note scale, wet and cloudy to bright and sunny during the day and how loud each note is played depending on the wind strength.

Might be interesting, might be absolute garbage but it would be unique for the period. Perhaps the class could even play it?

What a lovely idea. Wind could be measured bass notes to high, sunshine increasing trebles. Thunder could be a physical board or drum, and wind a blown instrument. Together we'll have a masterpiece for you! But you need something physical like the poster for the class to see...don't go too technical!