Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England - Weather Chat, 6th December and Onwards...

Methuselah

Posted

As forecast the proverbial layer of low Sc is back and looking at the 00z sounding it looks as if there may be some medium stuff above so not looking good for a clearance. Apart from that not bad with temp of 6C and flat calm.

2016032200.03808.skewt.parc.thumb.gif.56

Edited by knocker

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Cloudy .Calm. Dry .7.1c. 

Posted

After 3 chilly dull days yesterday and today have brought a lot of sunshine, almost unbroken all day yesterday and the same again since lunch time today. Temperatures on both days have just snuck into the teens so properly pleasant Spring conditions.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

A cracking day after a low of 0.6°C - Maxed out at 13°C

Temp: 9.1°C - Hum: 63% - Dew: 2.4°C - Bar: 1016.32hPa - Wind:  N @ 3mph

Been working on my site a bit, with some help I have some funky graphs that pull data from MySQL: http://www.warehamwx.com/cu/graphs_historic.php
Also, I've added two forecast pages: Wunderground: http://www.warehamwx.com/cu/wu-forecast.php and yr.no: http://www.warehamwx.com/cu/yr/yr-forecast.php

• Like 2

Posted

Clear here with yet another frost, min -2.4C. Looks like we've had at least as many if not more than any winter month.

Yesterday wasn't bad, quite cloudy at times but relatively thin cloud with some sunny breaks, and Monday was nice.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms
14 hours ago, Mapantz said:

Been working on my site a bit, with some help I have some funky graphs that pull data from MySQL: http://www.warehamwx.com/cu/graphs_historic.php
Also, I've added two forecast pages: Wunderground: http://www.warehamwx.com/cu/wu-forecast.php and yr.no: http://www.warehamwx.com/cu/yr/yr-forecast.php

Hi Mapantz,

Like the look of what your doing with your website.

I might (if it's okay) pick your brains over the next month or so on how to get data from  my station into Excel and possible create my own website.

• Like 1

Posted
15 hours ago, Mapantz said:

Just to say you are doing a great job with your site Mapantz. :good:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

At last, it looks like this very boring spell is coming to an end. We may have some properly blue sky on Friday for the first time since about March 08th! Added bonus of thunder possibility on Sunday too. Just not looking forward to a washout on Saturday. I've got a friend visiting from Spain from tonight until Sunday night and really don't want time wasted by rain during the day!

Posted

Love the dry period we've had, given everything as chance to dry out.

Hopefully a bit of standard Spring weather to come, nothing overly wet on the cards with drier periods in-between by the looks of things.

Posted
4 hours ago, SteveB said:

Hi Mapantz,

Like the look of what your doing with your website.

I might (if it's okay) pick your brains over the next month or so on how to get data from  my station into Excel and possible create my own website.

No problem. 

Give me a PM whenever.. :)

I've got to go and pick up my solar rad sensor now, have to pay customs charges on it. It still works out far cheaper than buying it in this country, but Parcelforce are the stingers for charging more than half of the customs fee for holding a small package for less than 24hrs. 

Posted

It's been a fortnight now without meaningful rain, just a few drizzly mornings thanks to weak fronts. The ground has really dried out and I hope we don't get enough rain to waterlog everything again. One thing is that we're now into the time of year when the sun is stronger so things will dry out better in between. Hopefully a spell of changeable weather like what seems likely the next 4 days (fine then rain tomorrow, fine all day Friday, wet/windy Saturday, sun and showers Sunday) rather than a washout.

Beautiful today and far more sunshine than any forecast suggested, even the 13.45 Points West forecast.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Fingers crossed for some good convective opportunities Andy! I've got my eye on Sunday and Monday as possible thunder days.

Posted
1 hour ago, Mapantz said:

No problem.

Give me a PM whenever.. :)

I've got to go and pick up my solar rad sensor now, have to pay customs charges on it. It still works out far cheaper than buying it in this country, but Parcelforce are the stingers for charging more than half of the customs fee for holding a small package for less than 24hrs.

Cheers Mapantz, will do.

Posted

All installed! A bit fiddly, but its all level. I can now monitor solar radiation, evapotranspiration and sunshine hours. Although, it won't be as accurate as a real sunshine recorder, it will be pretty accurate for a home weather station.
I've managed to get the MetO's local averages for rain, temperature and sunshine, and plumbed it in to my software so that I can use that to compare monthly and yearly averages against.

P3230313.thumb.JPG.1849d6833f6445c118603

• Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, MP-R said:

Fingers crossed for some good convective opportunities Andy! I've got my eye on Sunday and Monday as possible thunder days.

Sunday definitely, could well be the first day this year with showers streaming SW-NE with areas in between quite pleasant and sunny. Not so sure about Monday, the lunchtime national forecast hinted at a potential deep LOW affecting the South, however at this range it's more than likely to go into France or run through the Channel and leave us with frontal cloud that inhibits convection.

Posted

Has anybody had any rain yet?

Despite the radar, its been dry as a bone here, just the odd spot in the air.

viewimage.png

Posted
7 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Has anybody had any rain yet?

Despite the radar, its been dry as a bone here, just the odd spot in the air.

viewimage.png

Only very light rain here, I can see from my rain station back at home - it's only recorded 0.3mm so far.

Posted

I think it shows how dry the atmosphere is with much of the rain evaporating before reaching ground level, it happens quite often after long dry spells with subsequent rain events being much heavier.

Posted

Best to make the most of today. Clear skies here at the moment. Temp 7C with a light northerly.

Tomorrow at 18z the ECM has the frontal band of rain N/S over the western half of Britain which ties in with complicated frontal structure of the fax at 12z.  By 12z Monday the next low according to the ecm is over central England with possible gusts in the 60kt region along the south coast.

PPVG89.gif

Edited by knocker