Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England - Weather Chat, 6th December and Onwards...

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.

Just went outside and it actually felt humid instead of cold. This shower is going to be rain not snow this time. Ah well, it was nice to see snow at home for once!

Edited by William Grimsley

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

That band of precipitation seems to be weakening again since passing the mid-South Wales coast. Need it to pep up a bit for the greatest chances of something white falling.

Posted

First interesting day in weeks!

Dark clouds at around 8:30 led to a nine minute hailstorm (H0) which left a good dusting on the ground ; followed by a downpour. Then at 9:30 the wind started blowing a gale and a wintry mix of hail pellets/sleet fell sideways for around 5 minutes. Even if it wasn't good quality sleet it still was my first since December 2012 so I got pretty excited

Edited by ThundersnowDays

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.

Just had a torrentail rain and hail shower with another rumble of thunder here! Temperature: 5.2°C Dew Point: 3.6°C Rainfall Today: 7.2 mm.

Edited by William Grimsley

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Well an interesting start to the day fizzled into dull, overcast and windy just outside Bristol. Home now, the deck outside is dry so figure not a lot has happened here during the day, mind you a foot of melted snow could have happened between 10am and now but the dogs are keeping schtum about it. Sky looks ominously dark, hopefully something heavier incoming, maybe even a flake or two? Opinions.....what are our chances on Friday?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
1 hour ago, jethro said:

Well an interesting start to the day fizzled into dull, overcast and windy just outside Bristol. Home now, the deck outside is dry so figure not a lot has happened here during the day, mind you a foot of melted snow could have happened between 10am and now but the dogs are keeping schtum about it. Sky looks ominously dark, hopefully something heavier incoming, maybe even a flake or two? Opinions.....what are our chances on Friday?

Well we have a met office warning out for 2 cm :rofl: but I will put my neck out and say that warning area will be adjusted to the north east of region by this time tomorrow. :wallbash:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross
13 minutes ago, Nights King said:

Well we have a met office warning out for 2 cm :rofl: but I will put my neck out and say that warning area will be adjusted to the north east of region by this time tomorrow. :wallbash:

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

I haven't had a chance to check all the reports in here today but further to my post in the MOD thread yesterday linked below, I confirm I had a "snow seen falling" day today alongside a "hail day". Can't be bad, onto Friday for the next action then!

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
4 minutes ago, gottolovethisweather said:

I haven't had a chance to check all the reports in here today but further to my post in the MOD thread yesterday linked below, I confirm I had a "snow seen falling" day today alongside a "hail day". Can't be bad, onto Friday for the next action then!

Concern I have about fridays prospects are that current indications are for the band of rain/sleet/snow to move through our region from around 2-6pm friday which surely means we have had whole day for it to warm us up and put us on wrong side of marginal especially with front weakening as it does move south? :nea:

Perhaps if it was delayed slightly on future model runs and arrived say 6 - 9pm we might have better luck?

Edited by Nights King

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional
5 minutes ago, Nights King said:

Concern I have about fridays prospects are that current indications are for the band of rain/sleet/snow to move through our region from around 2-6pm friday which surely means we have had whole day for it to warm us up and put us on wrong side of marginal especially with front weakening as it does move south? :nea:

Perhaps if it was delayed slightly on future model runs and arrived say 6 - 9pm we might have better luck?

I am always concerned when it comes to snow forecasts down in our region and equally, I'd be concerned when you're not concerned about any snow prospects. :D I take it, your hill got some of those magic white crystals today, Mulls? :hi:

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
Just now, gottolovethisweather said:

I am always concerned when it comes to snow forecasts down in our region and I'm also concerned when you're not concerned about any snow prospects. :D I take it, your hill got some of those magic white crystals today, Mulls? :hi:

Not really the heavy showers missed home apparently :rofl:

I got to see plenty of sleet and rain in Wiltshire though. :nonono: 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Apart from being very windy around lunchtime, it hasn't been that bad in daylight hours, just a light shower this morning. 2.7mm in total 1.8mm of that was last night.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

temps on there way up currently 6.8c

Posted

Temps here on way up too. Been a windy squally kind of day. Showers a mix of hail rain and sleet. Two claps of thunder thrown in for good measure .

Weather warning in place for Friday /Sat for snow. I'm as thrilled about it as I was about the last one

Posted

Cloudy but dry. Temp 7C and wind NW 20mph gusting 30.

Perhaps Monday the best chance of a snow 'event'. The precise southward track of the little shortwave will be vital.

gfs_ptype_slp_uk2_16.thumb.png.499b84349gfs_ptype_slp_uk2_17.thumb.png.d55dd7dfe

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

Good morning weather lovers, another grey start with the odd shower, not as cold this morning or at least that's how it felt.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Overcast. 6.4c. Humidity 77%rh. Pressure 1000.2hpa.  Breeze 12 km/h. NW. Wind Chill knocks it back a little ... 5.3c.

Posted

oh look... the weather warning has gone for snow... :wallbash:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

Had enough. Im emigrating :rofl: it really had been a cack winter.

• Like 2

Posted

Downgrade AGAIN.......

Severe weather warning lifted for snow and ice for Dorset

A YELLOW ‘be aware’ warning for snow and ice issued for Bournemouth, Poole and the rest of Dorset has been lifted by the Met Office.

The Met Office put out the warning yesterday, valid from 3pm on Friday until 9am on Saturday.

The warning stated “a mix of rain, sleet and snow associated with a frontal band is expected to push south across southern parts of England and Wales through Friday afternoon and evening, before clearing by the early hours of Saturday.

“Snow will be predominantly confined to the higher ground above 200-400m with perhaps 1-2cm accumulating there.

“At lower levels this will be mainly rain and sleet but may turn briefly to snow in heavier outbreaks of precipitation.”

It warned about the potential for widespread black ice to form quickly on roads and pavements as the band of rain, sleet and snow clears south through the evening.

But this morning the forecaster lifted all the warnings in place for the south of the county.

Posted
6 hours ago, knocker said:

Cloudy but dry. Temp 7C and wind NW 20mph gusting 30.

Perhaps Monday the best chance of a snow 'event'. The precise southward track of the little shortwave will be vital.

gfs_ptype_slp_uk2_16.thumb.png.499b84349gfs_ptype_slp_uk2_17.thumb.png.d55dd7dfe

Yay, another snow event nearly 5 days away, ready to be downgraded :wallbash:

On another note yesterday was an interesting day, saw some rain, sleet (in the heaviest bursts), hail, sun and with it being very windy it was an exciting day!