Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England - Weather Chat, 6th December and Onwards...

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Frosty start with some early sunshine, now clouded over completely and very dull. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Blue skies again after a low of 1.6°C
The breeze is helping to keep the air clear.

Temp: 12.6°C - Hum: 58% - Dew: 4.6°C - Bar: 1029.73hPa - Wind:  E/ESE @ 6mph.

Posted

Having driven from home to the Corsham area at 07.00 and back to Warminster an hour ago there is a stark difference visible in this region between gloomy conditions and bright warm sunshine. It was -1.9c when I left home which was quite a surprise but the Warm Front cloud was already encroaching from the East. It seemed to come and go a few times through the morning, allowing an hour of warm sun where I was, but now has covered much of this area while it is visibly clear towards the South coast.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.

Woo! One of my favourite weather phenomenon, the sea breeze, has just hit here and it's the first this year!

Edited by William Grimsley

Posted

I've just nudged 14°C - Sun becoming a bit hazy, but it has warmed nicely since the breeze died down.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

After such a promising start it turned into a dull day, clouded over about lunchtime and it's been total cloud ever since; really rather chilly without the sunshine.

• Like 1

Posted
3 hours ago, Mapantz said:

I've just nudged 14°C - Sun becoming a bit hazy, but it has warmed nicely since the breeze died down.

That damn microclimate, you beat us by 0.6C:doh:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

Spring eh? Snow predicted in Princetown Saturday night!

Posted

7C with low cloud and sporadic drizzle. You know it's bad when an easterly brings the same weather as a southwesterly.

Bring on some convective spring showers I say!

Posted

Cloudy first thing, that broke up to give some nice sunshine again.

Temp: 11.6°C - Hum: 53% - Dew: 2.3°C - Bar:  1028.48hPa - Wind: NE/ENE @ 7mph - gusting to 16mph

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

The cloud is breaking up nicely and there are some sunny spells at the moment, might pop out for a walk at lunchtime.

Posted

Lovely day now after a dull start with thick drizzle, has anyone noticed how Wednesday has been the worst day of the week so frequently recently?

Working backwards ...

Today ; dull and drizzly start (the only rain for this week)
Last Wednesday ; stormy wind/rain/sleet and briefly wet snow (mostly dry week otherwise)
Fortnight ago ; thundery and wintry troughs (the most rainfall of that week)
3 weeks ago ; anomaly as was a fine day
4 weeks ago ; persistent rain all day

Posted

Another glorious day after a low of 2.4°C - We've been very fortunate to have this sunshine all week, considering the forecasts. I think we'll be saying goodbye to it after today though..

Temp: 11.2°C - Hum: 52% - Dew: 1.7°C - Bar: 1030.17hPa - Wind: E/ENE @ 7mph, gusting to 15mph.

Posted

Wonderful day with total blue sky and therefore unbroken sunshine. Think my town has been benefitting from something of a fohn effect with the Easterly off Salisbury Plain helping the temperature to 12.1c and that, added to having a sheltered South facing garden made for a lovely hour sat out in t-shirt and shorts!

Posted
2 hours ago, Andy Bown said:

Wonderful day with total blue sky and therefore unbroken sunshine. Think my town has been benefitting from something of a fohn effect with the Easterly off Salisbury Plain helping the temperature to 12.1c and that, added to having a sheltered South facing garden made for a lovely hour sat out in t-shirt and shorts!

You're a brave one Andy, or maybe I'm a wuss. Still a bit of a chill in the air for me, so I'm still in a tee-shirt, light jumper and jacket when out and about. Might want to put the shorts away tomorrow onwards haha.

Nevertheless, nice sunny day albeit still too hazy.

Posted
34 minutes ago, MP-R said:

You're a brave one Andy, or maybe I'm a wuss. Still a bit of a chill in the air for me, so I'm still in a tee-shirt, light jumper and jacket when out and about. Might want to put the shorts away tomorrow onwards haha.

Nevertheless, nice sunny day albeit still too hazy.

Lol, sheltered South facing garden plus sun reflecting off the patio door behind me, didn't put a thermometer on the table out there but would probably have been at least 20c in direct sun.

Posted

Another cracking morning with clear skies. Looking at the Camborne 00z ascent we should be fine down here as the air isn't that moist in the boundary layer. Not sure that will apply further east. Temp 3.5C and a zephyr from the ENE.

2016031800.03808.skewt.parc.thumb.gif.7e

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Was clear and frosty. Now foggy. 0.7c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Morning all, the day started well with frost, sunshine and few clouds, certainly had me fooled that we were in for another glorious day like yesterday. Sadly not to be, fog has rolled in and it's now like looking out the window at a November morning. Deep joy!

Posted

Still a cracking day here with the temp up to 8.5C but feeling warm in the sun.

Some thoughts on the Easter weekend for what they are worth. Not the detail of course as that would be pointless. On Friday both the GEFS and ecm anomalies have the upper trough south of Greenland so hopefully the SW will be in WSW upper flow and fairly pleasant. But unfortunately this trough moves east to be just west of the UK by Sunday which quite likely portends a wet and windy weekend. Let's hope this gets modified. Might just get away with it if the trough is a little further west.

gefs_z500a_nh_37.thumb.png.db86cd7f30ad1ecm_eps_z500a_nh_10.thumb.png.8dd5f423ec

Edited by knocker

Posted

Judging by the satellite there must be a stark contrast across Somerset with areas to the East rather grim and to the West glorious!

Disappointing to be on the grim side with thick fog, Stratocumulus and even invizdriz in the air while it's only 4.4c too.

• Like 1

Posted

We're having the lounge ceiling plastered today, so all the doors are open and the heating is off. It's a bit nippy.

The plasterer is however, walking around on stilts so he can reach the ceiling.

ae235.thumb.jpe.c30f53d411197567c5a581b8

One of the best things I've seen in a long time. :)

• Like 1