Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England - Weather Chat, 6th December and Onwards...

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Extremely foggy very early on, and a frost. A low of -0.9°C

Sky is a bit hazy, but some decent sunshine nonetheless. :)

Temp: 11.7°C - Hum: 59% - Dew: 3.9°C - Bar: 1033.59hPa - Wind: NE/ESE @ 4mph

Added an ongoing graph to the Cumulus front page, showing the last two hours of data: http://www.warehamwx.com/cu/index.php

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Sunshine.  Long Shadows.  Hazy  Hills.  Cool in the shade.  8.5c. Outside . In the shed 9.7c. Indoors a lovely 23.2c. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

What a day! What a weekend! More of this on order please! Nearly got the BBQ out only we couldn't find any charcoal in the shops :rofl: I know, I know :nea:

• Like 1

Posted

Finally are we out of the sh!te and on to something more stable and improved, let'd hope so, this weekend has been classic spring.. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross
1 hour ago, khodds said:

What a day! What a weekend! More of this on order please! Nearly got the BBQ out only we couldn't find any charcoal in the shops :rofl: I know, I know :nea:

Agreed, fabulous weather all weekend. With it promising to be more of the same all week, maybe even into next weekend too, pop up to Rocky Mountain Nursery if you want charcoal, they had lots yesterday in the shop next door to the café.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Nice to have some dry weather for a few days but a real shame it's such a dirty high. Looks like we're stuck with it for much of the week too.

Posted
1 hour ago, Mapantz said:

Doesn't look so hazy there although can sort of see it lower in the sky. That fog at night kind of looks like a snow storm! lol

Definitely about as thick as haze gets here though, The hill 2-3 miles away was only faintly visible and on a walk along Exmouth beach you could barely see across the river mouth to Dawlish.
Though it was still pleasant for sure, just not visually stunning.

Edited by Evening thunder

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.
2 hours ago, jethro said:

Agreed, fabulous weather all weekend. With it promising to be more of the same all week, maybe even into next weekend too, pop up to Rocky Mountain Nursery if you want charcoal, they had lots yesterday in the shop next door to the café.

Thanks Jethro - haven't been up there in a while, I'll have to pay them a visit, think I'm going to be busy in the garden if this continues! Blooming fab:yahoo:ulous 

Posted
3 hours ago, MP-R said:

Nice to have some dry weather for a few days but a real shame it's such a dirty high. Looks like we're stuck with it for much of the week too.

Didn't you get the clear blue sky we had here all weekend?

Posted

Mornin all, looking good out there, apart from a biting breeze.

Temp 3.1°C 

DP 2.3°C

RH 88%

1028.3 mb Rising

Wind 3.5mph ENE

Conditions: Clear blue sky with no pieces of white to be seen.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
9 hours ago, jethro said:

Didn't you get the clear blue sky we had here all weekend?

Certainly sunny, but very milky hazy sky and generally poor visibility. This weather doesn't really float my boat after late Feb. Personally, At this time of year I'd much rather some clean air from the Arctic or Atlantic.

Posted

Cracking weekend here. Bit of mist early on both days, but I'll take that.

Even fired up the BBQ yesterday, after popping into the Salisbury Sausage Shop on Saturday. Top, top weather weekend. :)

Posted

A mostly cloudy morning with varying amounts of St. Felt decidedly chilly waiting for a taxi outside Tesco with the easterly wind gusting 30mph. But just recently the cloud has dissipated and now clear skies. Temp 7C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

A low of 1.9°C this morning. Currently blue skies, but that wind is damn cold!

Temp: 11.2°C - Hum: 52% - Dew: 1.7°C - Bar: 1030.85hPa - Wind:  E/ENE @ 5mph, gusting to 15mph at times.

Posted

This spell of weather is very much like what we had at the very end of September into the first few days of October, the only difference being the maximum temperatures are 8c to 10c lower with us coming out of winter rather than the high teens we saw then.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

Good afternoon all,

A little chilly feel this morning, now wall to wall sunshine, I'm loving this.

I spent yesterday in the Peak District and ended up with a burnt nose! a glorious day (same as here) if a little hazy.

Posted

It's been a lovely day here, bit hazy this morning but that soon cleared, bit of a nip in the wind though. Spent the day giving lots of the grass the first cut of the season, I think it's probably the shortest spell ever between last and first cut as I didn't stop cutting until December and blimey has it grown since then. Thanks to the mild, wet winter there's an absolute abundance of moss to contend with too - deep joy.

More of the same weather for the rest of the week?

Posted
6 minutes ago, jethro said:

It's been a lovely day here, bit hazy this morning but that soon cleared, bit of a nip in the wind though. Spent the day giving lots of the grass the first cut of the season, I think it's probably the shortest spell ever between last and first cut as I didn't stop cutting until December and blimey has it grown since then. Thanks to the mild, wet winter there's an absolute abundance of moss to contend with too - deep joy.

More of the same weather for the rest of the week?

Pretty much although probably cloudier tomorrow pm and Wednesday so therefore cooler in the wind.

First grass cut of 2016 here too this afternoon, I wanted to do it yesterday but the shaded part was still sodden.

Posted
10 minutes ago, Andy Bown said:

Pretty much although probably cloudier tomorrow pm and Wednesday so therefore cooler in the wind.

First grass cut of 2016 here too this afternoon, I wanted to do it yesterday but the shaded part was still sodden.

Thank you. I never got as far as the shady parts today, started with the sunny, dry bits, by the time I got to the shade the tractor had given up the ghost - belt came off the cutting deck and as it's the first time out since it was serviced, I'm not a happy bunny.

Posted

Morning all, another lovely sunny morning here. A sharp frost to start but that's already cleared, blue sky with only a little haziness and the nippy wind of yesterday has gone so should feel warmer today.  Another beautiful spring day coming up :D