Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England - Weather Chat, 6th December and Onwards...

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

It turns it to snow on my app as early as 8pm now. Downgrade must come in sure...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

Prozac at the ready then! :sorry:

Edited by festivalking

Posted
11 minutes ago, jtay said:

Lovely out earlier... A min of -3.8C, just before sunrise.

IMGP0218_sm.thumb.jpg.77ddfbe0bfc18d5c6e

Yes stunning morning here too. Didn't get as cold as I was expecting with -5c but at least when and if we get any chance of marginal snow the ground will be fairly cold.

Not expecting much though as met office have not even released a warning for higher ground thus far. :nonono:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot summers; frigid winters; golden fall; bright spring

How dare that tongue of delight breach the M4 defences, before we know it Knockers woodshed will be buried! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low
6 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

snow warning issued..

Screenshot_2016-02-16-11-33-00.thumb.png

I'd imagine that would indicate lying snow, wonder where the wet snow / sleet boundary will end up. Interesting weather ahead. Anybody seen whats lined up for next week apart from more eventual disappointment (if snow is your thang)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty, lots of snow and good ol fashion thunderstorms.

Nearly dropped the kettle when I seen the warning its right over me! Fingers crossed .

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: action weather
1 hour ago, karlos1983 said:

For those intermittently waking up tomorrow night to peak out of the window, I think a few could well see the good stuff from midnight onward.

i certainly will be, my neighbours aren't going to be happy with me. Halogen outside light going on and off half hourly :D

Yes i will be flicking my Halogen light on IF any sleet snow arrives ,more so out my back garden as it does not effect neighbours so much ,setting up garden furniture [for photo me hopes ] come thurs morning .

going by past events with similar synoptics ,i,d say still very hard to forecast ,we need some good precipitation around ,slow moving system ,and some good or fair luck ,but certainly i,d say a good chance ,just love the landscape with snow around .cheers .

Posted
36 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

snow warning issued..

Screenshot_2016-02-16-11-33-00.thumb.png

Could do with a westward correction on front slowing/ stalling as it seems like our region will run out of ppn just as it starts to get interesting. 

Posted

06z  ARPEGE is in, turning to snow on the back edge of the front a little earlier, it's so messy though think radar will come in handy over the next 48 hours..

arpegeuk-1-42-0.png?16-12 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Well I fully expect to see snow falling between now and Thursday even if it doesn't settle. All the parameters are there, I just don't think the best uppers/thicknesses combination will match where the best precipitation is.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

I won't be getting up for that :nonono:

image.png

Posted
4 hours ago, jethro said:

Morning, another clear, cold, frosty morning here. Two days in a row, blimey, any one would think it's winter!

That's what we managed in mid January too lol.

Last night's -4.1c min was the 2nd lowest of the winter.

A little more cloud around today, just scattered Cumulus though and plenty of bright sunshine.  Also the very first frontal cloud is edging in from the West, I've a feeling this front is going to be very problematic - in many ways.

Posted
4 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

I won't be getting up for that :nonono:

image.png

You think you have it bad I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Need a miracle - 

image.thumb.png.32d1497d9c26fb49e051bb87

Posted

:cray:

image.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, theprophecyman said:

Looks really messy for most of our region. Further NE looks more likely for snow

Yes glouc and wilts maybe but somerset bristol and Dorset might see a couple of wet flakes before it clears we need it to grind to halt further west. :nonono:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, stormy

Sometimes, but rarely we get to see the snowline and I have a hunch this might be one of those occasions. I recall a couple of winters ago Cley Hill (near Warminster) had a distinct white top, but nothing at lower levels. I've also seen it on the hills above Westbury/Warminster. Looking at lots of available info this may be the case again. 

I also recall one night driving back in the rain from Frome to Warminster and going up into the snow when climbing up near Lane End (a rise of around 30 mtrs). Useless snow really - slushy and gone in under an hour, but right now I'd take that to at least marginally redeem this awful El Nino winter...

Posted

Anybody in Cornwall got some large anchors to hook on the back of this as it crosses the area tonight?

About the only way to slow its progress

Edited by Dorsetbred
  • Like 1

Quietly confident about seeing some snow in Swindon tomorrow night from this, but as we all know, 24 hours is plenty long enough for things to drastically change when snow is concerned, for the better or for the worse. (Hopefully the better :D)

Like usual, now casting will probably be our best bet for marginal situations like this

Posted

Or maybe everyone could just start wofting a food tray toward the west at about a 30degree angle… 

• Like 1