Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England - Weather Chat, 6th December and Onwards...

Methuselah

Posted
42 minutes ago, khodds said:

I'm in even more of a grump now as just heard that there's been another earthquake in New Zealand tonight, my parents are there, I'm so jealous! On top of snow... I love my natural disasters, I know it's awful but I'd love to witness one! I'm a sadist really :diablo:.

so no snow and no earthquakes = sad me :sorry:

Good grief and I thought all the loony tunes were in the MOD thread. :)

• Like 1

Posted
49 minutes ago, The Enforcer said:

More to the point, where is this severe frost going to come from? Last night's min = -0.4C, current temperature a baffling +1.9C.

Odd, meant to be somewhere between 1C and 0C here at the moment, but Wunderground tells me it's somewhere between -1C/-2C across the town... Maybe we nicked all your cold :cold:

Posted
54 minutes ago, khodds said:

I'm in even more of a grump now as just heard that there's been another earthquake in New Zealand tonight, my parents are there, I'm so jealous! On top of snow... I love my natural disasters, I know it's awful but I'd love to witness one! I'm a sadist really :diablo:.

so no snow and no earthquakes = sad me :sorry:

Thankfully earthquake was off the Auckland Islands, hundreds of miles to the south of Stewart island....middle of nowhere, unless you're a penguin. Still you're probably more  likely to have snow there on a summer's Feb day than you are on a winters day in  SW England.:D

Posted

On the 18z ARPEGE the front seems to get get more east before stalling on Wednesday not evening bringing snow to though's who are at elevation in our region which is a shame. Still will come down to a now cast I expect as it's always the way with these kind of set up's.

arpegeuk-1-58-0.png?16-00  

18z EURO4 coming in to range also now, lets see what tomorrow brings.

16021718_1518.gif

Edited by Zephyr

Posted

A clear morning with temp 2.5C and a zephyr from the SSE.

Latest re The Front from the METO is some back-edge snow mainly affecting the Midlands and E, Anglia Weds/Thurs. The GFS would appear to agree with this.

gfs_ptype_slp_uk2_10.thumb.png.2efe11a86

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Morning, another clear, cold, frosty morning here. Two days in a row, blimey, any one would think it's winter!

Posted

Yeah, yeah ,yeah ... I see your frost and I raise you all! Overnight low of -6.5c, now recovering to -4.1C. Given him indoors the excuse for a lie in (he does work outdoors tbf). 

Looks like a beautiful winters day out there!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty, lots of snow and good ol fashion thunderstorms.

Morning all! Woke up to -5.5c now reading -4.8c .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

Which means the darn M4 corridor still needs digging up :wallbash:

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

Well out the game down here but I am for one looking forward to tomorrow's weather. Really intrigued where this front will stall and deposit the white stuff. Be keeping a watchful eye on the nw radar.

Edited by festivalking
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross
15 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

We need green energy so I propose we invest in hundreds of wind turbines located along side the M4, with a substantial concentration at Portishead. When potentially snowy weather is forecast, they should all be programmed to face south, to blow the weather away from filtering up along the M4. 

• Like 1

Posted
12 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

The M4 is alright where it is!.! Think the M40 is probably more of a bane for us as it's elevated and catches most of the snow before it gets down to the river. On the plus side it catches most of the rain too!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Oh hello...

Screenshot_2016-02-16-09-38-15.thumb.pngScreenshot_2016-02-16-09-38-33.thumb.png

Must not get suckered in... :nonono:

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Gorgeous start to the day. -03.8C minimum and clear skies, so not as cold as January but cold enough. Now if only tomorrow's front was coming up from the south into this frigid air!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

That was bracing first thing, a glorious start I really am not missing the rain and greyness.

Edit: Met office app has rain for Bristol for Thurs night, that will be the same for home,

Edited by Rich_Clements

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

For those intermittently waking up tomorrow night to peak out of the window, I think a few could well see the good stuff from midnight onward.

i certainly will be, my neighbours aren't going to be happy with me. Halogen outside light going on and off half hourly :D

• Like 4