Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Current Cold Spell: snow where, snow when - how much?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold,snowy,frosty and thunderstorms
Just now, LeeSnowFan said:

Great charts again today certainly a prolonged cold spell is on the way with abit of snow for quite a few :cold::cold:

Fingers crossed, been too long since we had some decent snow, sick of the miserable grey wet weather! So depressing.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzard conditions. ice days

Just to reiterate. 

We could be going into a VERY notable spell.....thats some "serious" tanking! 

ao.sprd2.thumb.gif.a504f1cedb79fff165cd627aa641988d.gif

• Like 2

Posted
6 minutes ago, tight isobar said:

Just to reiterate. 

We could be going into a VERY notable spell.....thats some "serious" tanking! 

ao.sprd2.thumb.gif.a504f1cedb79fff165cd627aa641988d.gif

No idea at all what that means, but sounds promising lol. I will open Google and learn :) 

Posted

What on earth are the meto playing at !!!! Shortlived cold snap????? Either the models are all churning out total guff or mogreps is showing the azores low smashing the blocking awawy

Posted
1 minute ago, northwestsnow said:

What on earth are the meto playing at !!!! Shortlived cold snap????? Either the models are all churning out total guff or mogreps is showing the azores low smashing the blocking awawy

Hasn't been updated yet, that is still based on old model output.

Posted
1 minute ago, northwestsnow said:

I know they have to play it safe and keep level headed but that's taking the mick. 

Unless like you said, unfortunately they know something no one else does, I hope not! 

Posted
4 hours ago, northwestsnow said:

Totally agree. There tax funded super models which we cannot access must show something completely opposite to what we can see. 

We could be staring down a bitter 2/3 week cold period and The Met Office have not even given an inclination that it could happen. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

What are you all reading? It hasn't been updated since 01:23... Sounds better than recent updates?! Maybe some won't be happy unless they say that the seas going to freeze over and 20 snow foot drifts and minus 30c? :p

From Wednesday a colder spell is expected to develop with widespread overnight frosts. There is likely to be a mixture of sunshine and showers, with the showers falling as sleet or snow to low levels in the north, and perhaps also in the south. As we go through the period unsettled and sometimes windy weather with mainly westerly winds will probably become re-established across much of the UK, although the colder conditions may be hard to shift.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

Think it's pretty obvious the mogreps model is seeing things differently. Surely they would of changed there wording slightly by now, just wondering if that low is going to smash through the block. Certainly seems like the met office think so interesting times ahead I feel. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.
1 minute ago, terrier said:

Think it's pretty obvious the mogreps model is seeing things differently. Surely they would of changed there wording slightly by now, just wondering if that low is going to smash through the block. Certainly seems like the met office think so interesting times ahead I feel. 

I'm sceptical as to whether the vortex is as weakened as many think it is, which would certainly fit with a return to zonality.

Posted
4 hours ago, *Sub*Zero* said:

What are you all reading? It hasn't been updated since 01:23... Sounds better than recent updates?! Maybe some won't be happy unless they say that the seas going to freeze over and 20 snow foot drifts and minus 30c? :p

I was reading the extended forecasts that Summer Sun posts. I haven't seen this. 

Posted
1 minute ago, chrisbell-nottheweatherman said:

I'm sceptical as to whether the vortex is as weakened as many think it is, which would certainly fit with a return to zonality.

Yep. Something is not adding up here.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
2 minutes ago, *Sub*Zero* said:

Which is just about all anyone can say, with any certainty, at this juncture...Even if BBC forecasters started doing back-flips and cartwheels whilst presenting their forecasts, it wouldn't make it any more likely to snow???:D

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

So in the text they say, a colder spell is expected to develop from Wednesday with overnight frosts and in the same paragraph they mention sleet & snow to lower levels and also the cold weather may be hard to shift (hinting at a more prolonged cold spell)... what exactly should they be saying? :wallbash:

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzard conditions. ice days

In regards to met, updates for what's clearly showing. 

The met will sit firm and update accordingly. 

The shift in there wording is coming onboard ans quoted. The cokd could be hard to shift.

I think you can rest assured there wording will most likely upgrade even moreso...in upcoming 'updates'..

To much focus on this atm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.
2 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

I was reading the extended forecasts that Summer Sun posts. I haven't seen this. 

He only posts the Afternoon updates I think, the link is here, they update twice a day.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast

Posted
8 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

Sounds poor compared to what im seeing model wise ? Maybe im reading the models wrong

I think it is a reasonable update

The Met Office are extremely conservative/safe. Usually behind the very latest as far as we the public are informed.

Edited by Earnest Easterly*
  • Like 1

Posted

Just updated and is slightly better but not great. Long way to get an outcome on duration of cold I think 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.
1 minute ago, Neiller22 said:

Just updated and is slightly better but not great. Long way to get an outcome on duration of cold I think 

It is still the AM update unless the link I have is lettuced and not updating properly

Posted
Just now, feb1991blizzard said:

It is still the AM update unless the link I have is lettuced and not updating properly

Still not updated still the 1.27am update!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

No one can say for sure right now how long this cold spell will go on for, the met office are hinting that it may go on longer but it may not either, ill just be happy to finally to see good frosty nights and very cold crisp sunny days and if there is any snow it will be a bonus

• Like 2