Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Current Cold Spell: snow where, snow when - how much?

Posted

Look at it as a trade off.

You get a very dry climate and semi-decent summer in Essex but little snow and mild winters .

Much of the rest of the UK ,the 600 + miles of the country further north, gets a colder winter most of the time but a lot more rain (3 times as much where I live ) and rubbish summers.

You can't really get both in the UK regularly, though Aberdeen may give you both the dry weather and the cold weather.

Anyway, first snow of the year here on Saturday, with about 3 inches which is nearly gone now, washed away by the rain last night.

The mountains to the north have been covered in snow for a while and they've had snow to the south and east on a couple of occasions but up until Saturday it was either frosty and dry or (more often) cold rain and sleet here and I was beginning to think that it wasn't my year.

It's still not been as good as last year.  

North Westerlies seem to be best for snow here when it's marginal or only a little bit cold.

Posted
10 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

So when is this  'Cold Spell' supposed to turn up then?:cc_confused::reindeer-emoji:

Careful what you wish for :-) I'm wearing thermals this week, hmph.

Posted

Methinks there is a gremlin in Metcheck - Non stop snow for my location starting week on saturday !!:)

http://www.metcheck.com/UK/14days.asp?zipcode=GU10&locationID=59078&lat=51.2&lon=-0.8&findtype=

Edited by cobbett

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
4 hours ago, cobbett said:

Methinks there is a gremlin in Metcheck - Non stop snow for my location starting week on saturday !!:)

http://www.metcheck.com/UK/14days.asp?zipcode=GU10&locationID=59078&lat=51.2&lon=-0.8&findtype=

based on 06Z, changed now to more realistic 12Z GFS

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Location: Abingdon - 55m ASL - Capital of The Central Southern England Corridor of Winter Convectionlessness
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow>Freezing Fog; Summer: Sun>Daytime Storms
  • Location: Abingdon - 55m ASL - Capital of The Central Southern England Corridor of Winter Convectionlessness
On 17/01/2016 at 9:38 PM, March said:

It's almost as if he doesn't want people to die from cold and ice. 

Instead they will be swept away in flood water.

• Like 4