Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Current Cold Spell: snow where, snow when - how much?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
5 minutes ago, LeeSnowFan said:

Finally

MOD thread was being flooded with  unrelevant posts and MODS weren't doing owt about it!!

That's because we are owt Jedi...Now let's see how many folks bother using it?:D

• Like 6

Posted
Just now, Ed Stone said:

That's because we are owt Jedi...Now let's see how many folks bother using it?:D

lol well I will use it! :p

Certainly is an exciting time to be a coldie right now!

I think people get excited with cold charts even more because of what we had in 2010 that was an epic event in itself!

It would be nice to see something like that again

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Day after tomorrow.

Not that cold down where i am, according to the net weather forcast it`ll be 5 degrees on 15th. Warm waters must be modifying the air.

Posted

If its not snow its storms..... wait for the ramps and moans when it doesn't happen.... have have odds on with one fella on here who will moan like mad if he doesn't get more than 5"'s

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hoar Frost, Snow, Misty Autumn mornings

Well this thread has put the kibosh on that.:nonono:

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, BM4PM said:

Not that cold down where i am, according to the net weather forcast it`ll be 5 degrees on 15th. Warm waters must be modifying the air.

It's dropped quite cold here in S'Yorks  currently 6C but feeling colder

Posted

However much of the white stuff materializes, there will be a little corner of Scotland that stays dire and vile.:drunk-emoji:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!
4 minutes ago, Flash Elvis said:

If its not snow its storms..... wait for the ramps and moans when it doesn't happen.... have have odds on with one fella on here who will moan like mad if he doesn't get more than 5"'s

Those sorts of forecasts aren't always the most accurate though! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Day after tomorrow.
21 minutes ago, saint said:

It will snow at some point, somewhere, in the UK over the next two weeks. You heard it here first :wink: (I know, I know, such daring predictions are dangerous).

God i wish people would stop cold ramping all the time! :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

To be fair though, model output and how much snow are intrinsically linked as what will most on netweather be using for guidance on trying to work out where when and how much.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Anybody requesting advice on will it snow in their location, really needs to give their head a wobble.

Surely we all know by now that you get the cold in place and then see what happens. Unexpected snow events are the best kind.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, snow and more snow
18 minutes ago, LeeSnowFan said:

lol well I will use it! :p

Certainly is an exciting time to be a coldie right now!

I think people get excited with cold charts even more because of what we had in 2010 that was an epic event in itself!

It would be nice to see something like that again

to be honest 2010 wasn't that brilliant in terms of snowfall in the east midlands. I think it was more the intensity of cold that it will be remembered for.  Winter 2009 and early 2010 and 2011/12 were far more memorable in terms of snowfall though.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
44 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

Here y'all go...

Ed, i think i need to ask the most important question at a time like this... Will it snow in Carlisle? :rofl:

• Like 3

Posted

Meto update today is so disapointing, i can only assume they are basing this brief cold interlude on the ecm op run,im afraid now as they are the pros, wat a kick in the wotsits. :(

Posted
10 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

Meto update today is so disapointing, i can only assume they are basing this brief cold interlude on the ecm op run,im afraid now as they are the pros, wat a kick in the wotsits. :(

From the met update:

There is now an increased signal for a brief much colder spell around the middle of next week with widespread overnight frosts. There is likely to be a mixture of sunshine and showers, with the showers falling as sleet or snow to low levels in the north, and perhaps also in the south. Towards the end of next week unsettled and sometimes windy weather with mainly westerly winds may become re-established, although there is some uncertainty.

Uncertainty from the met on a return to westerlys can only be a good thing!

Posted
3 minutes ago, tynevalleysnow said:

From the met update:

They do go on to talk about further cold spells in the next section too though..

Edited by i luv snow

Posted

UK Outlook for Thursday 21 Jan 2016 to Thursday 4 Feb 2016:

The strongest signal for the period is generally unsettled conditions with winds mainly coming from the west. Showers or longer spells of rain are expected, interspersed by some dry and brighter interludes. The rain being heaviest and most persistent in the north and west where rainfall totals are likely to be above average. The south and east should be more sheltered, getting the best of the drier and brighter interludes, so rainfall totals here may by slightly below average. Temperatures through this period should be near or a little above average for most areas, but further cold spells are possible.

As discussed above!

Posted
Just now, i luv snow said:

They do go on to talk about further cold spells in the next section too though..

All positive I'd say. Pre 2010 updates said similar. Will know better by the weekend.

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, tynevalleysnow said:

From the met update:

There is now an increased signal for a brief much colder spell around the middle of next week with widespread overnight frosts. There is likely to be a mixture of sunshine and showers, with the showers falling as sleet or snow to low levels in the north, and perhaps also in the south. Towards the end of next week unsettled and sometimes windy weather with mainly westerly winds may become re-established, although there is some uncertainty.

On the optimistic side, though, it looks to all-intents-and-purposes to be a non-updated copy of yesterday's update??

Posted

There must be a chance of a snowfall event by T120, going by recent UKMO charts - and I'm thinking for, say, 50% of the country. Tonight's charts will be very interesting!!

I couldn't be more specific than that - indeed, I don't feel I could be particularly specific until at least Saturday!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Cold/Snowy Winter! Just SEASONAL!!

I thought the 16-30 day METO forecast text was only updated on Mondays and Fridays?x