Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Rain Watch 2016 - January month

ZONE 51

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

Rain Watch

Hi everyone, have decided to start up a separate topic to look more closely at expected rainfall accumulations in the days ahead. It's a concern that more new floods are possible if not likely through this weekend and into next week, this coming from several large scale weather systems and possible Atlantic storms hitting the UK and ROI over the next 7 days at least,  it's likely that some breaks in the rain will occur at times though.   

I'm not going to hide the fact that severe floods in new areas are possibly on the way I say possibly even if I think likely, which I do.

Below I've put on a rain alert map created from precipitation data models of which the one's I have access, please use my map as a general guide of where the heaviest rain could be accumulated over the next 48hrs or so,  please do allow for some small adjustments do not take the map as 100 percent set in stone, usually the expected accumulations of rainfall may be more or less in any one area and exact locations can change, I might not be able to update map.

(Map can be shared where you like)

56879a2c029af_RAINALERTMAPEXPIRESMON0300

Map expires MON 0300hrs - January 4

W = on the map this means that I am watching for upgrades of 30mm or more.

Light yellow + W =30mm - rainfall may get accumulated up to 30mm but may upgrade to 40mm for a level 1 so is under a watch zone.

Yellow = 40mm - 50mm accm rain

Orange = 50mm - 80mm accm rain

Red = 80mm - 100mm accm rain

Dark red = 100+ accm rain.

Many areas seeing rain this heavy at times some very heavy and prolonged, expect 10mm-25mm generally.

Some of the largest rainfalls likely to occur over higher ground.

For the winds associated with these weather systems/storms likely gale or severe gale at times please see other threads and warnings. 

Please post anything related to rainfall forecasting, model ppn data, alerts and warnings, your own rain maps and forecasts.  

ZONE51.

Edited by ZONE 51

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Nice idea. There's been nearly an inch in the last 24hrs in my part of the world- possibility of another 20mm tomorrow. The map may need tinkering with?! 

Edited by Mapantz

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Good idea.

Would be interesting to see forecast values V actual recorded values

No warnings here but steady light rain and drizzle since just before nine.

10.8mm for Yesterday.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

5688edba89990_0840-weatheronlineradar.th

Recent radar image from weatheronline, heavy rainband moving east and north east across the UK. Heavy thundery downpours following across the SW and later South. Heavy rain developing over Central and Eastern Scotland.