Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Sign in to follow this  
J10

2016 Formula One Season

What a pass from Verstappen, so much more grip than Rosberg.

Rosberg should be disqulified told how to fix a issue..Breaks all the rules 

Good job the track was wet/damp at the start or the race would have been as dull as dishwater...saying that well done Lewis still had to keep the car on the track. Pretty predictable though, anyway why do we need communication with driver and pits?...the more F1 is simplified and less rules the more entertaining it will be!

Well Done Lewis today a deserved victory.

As for the Nico radio, it needs to be clarified what is and is not acceptable, in Austria they did not say the settings re the settings which effected Lewis (and Nico).

IMO you could give Rosberg a small time penalty making him 4th.

Alternatively you could disqualify the team result for Mercedes in the Constructors Championship, but allow Nico to keep his points in the drivers.

I didn't see the race, cos of the tennis, but a great result.

Very well done Lewis !

B. :)

I watched the race and a worthy win. No one agrees with me but that team bats for rosberg, he breaks the rules time and time again and gets off with peanuts. Every. single.time.

Should of gotten more than a slap wrist. 

Last race was a disgrace.

7 minutes ago, Dami said:

I watched the race and a worthy win. No one agrees with me but that team bats for rosberg, he breaks the rules time and time again and gets off with peanuts. Every. single.time.

I completely agree 

the radio comms rules are ridiculous and need to be binned....I appreciate that rules and rules and Rosberg has been punished, but why him and not just the team?.....and secondly in reality, what is wrong with drivers being fed information by their pit crew/strategists?

51 minutes ago, Dami said:

Yes, I tend to agree Rosberg does appear to be the favoured one, however, (with a wry smile on my face) it still seems to me that even when given a helping hand more often than not he (Rosberg) still can't quite match the skills Lewis pulls out of his bag of tools to get the job done!!  

I also agree the rules about not giving technical help to the drivers during the race is a tad silly.

I think the fact Rosberg is the favored one is a good thing for Lewis, as he knows he can out drive him and he can stick 2 fingers at them at every win. It spurs him on.

I agree with the comms rules too, i think i would like help if something was going wrong in a car i was in travelling at 190+ miles an hour. However it should be fair.  For example they should help lewis as well as his team mate, as i think that was one of the issues.I believe Lewis was having issues one race and they wouldn't help him.

Love and hate him, it must be awful for Lewis to win a race and have his team mate ignore him, even move the other side of the room while one of the team pat Rosberg on the back.-He got booed this time however, not lewis.

oh well. \o/

Well pretty much a borefest...once the start was over it was pretty much the same with one or two small battles but not surprisingly the ability to overtake between the 'bigger' teams almost an impossibility on the track (if your a Ferrari/Red Bull driver).

Hamilton now goes into the break leading the World Championship for the first time, and to be honest he's the better driver out of the two Mercedes drivers, makes you wonder why they gave Rosberg a 2 year deal?

Edited by Froze were the Days

Not much of a race for the lead, but plenty of battles behind and much closer between the Mercedes and the other teams.

By the way I thought it was ridiculous for Button to get a drive through for outside assistance.

watched the race, pretty much standard.

However the after race coverage makes me cross. Even if you don't like Hamilton, he deserves a bit more than his team having a cuddle behind him and his team mate barely offering lip service. They even did it on the podium.

That team should be more respectful to their champion. 

Edited by Dami

10 hours ago, Froze were the Days said:

Well pretty much a borefest...once the start was over it was pretty much the same with one or two small battles but not surprisingly the ability to overtake between the 'bigger' teams almost an impossibility on the track (if your a Ferrari/Red Bull driver).

Hamilton now goes into the break leading the World Championship for the first time, and to be honest he's the better driver out of the two Mercedes drivers, makes you wonder why they gave Rosberg a 2 year deal?

Don't forget there is Hockenheim before the break starts! Things could swap around again lol

At the same F1 meeting it was decided that the current regulations between pit and driver re radio communications are to be scrapped during the race. Source James Allen

One exception is warmup lap where clutch settings must be solely done by the driver.

Edited by J10

Well another eyelid dropping race...nice to see Rosberg balls up his pole position in his homeland and Hamilton shooting off into the distance, race over!

Shows what a mediocre driver Rosberg is!

It makes you wonder why Roseberg after an awful start then went on to get a five second penalty doing what he did to Hamilton a few races back. Has the man no shame or is he missing a few sandwiches in his packed lunch?  

His wheel to wheel skills are really being shown up this season. He's still bottling it under pressure and seems to have a habit of pushing drivers off the track at the entrance to corners rather than the generally accepted method of doing it on corner exit.

The thing is he doesn't learn either. It was the same back in Bahrain 2014. He just tries the same flawed moves over and over.

Still, great result for Lewis. That engine penalty coming at the next race doesn't look all that bad now he has a 19 point buffer. Even if Rosberg wins that one a 6th place would keep him ahead in the standings.

Edited by reef

Easy win for Lewis today, and a bad day for Rosberg even if he was a bit unlucky with the penalty.

how could his penalty be unlucky? The mans a menace! He has been lucky to the extent that his 'moves' haven't caused any serious harm to anyone.Otherwise he gets what he deserves.

IMO Verstappen was again up to his tricks in the braking zone, which contributed to the incident.