Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Sign in to follow this  
J10

2016 Formula One Season

That Monaco GP was farcical! - Hamilton should have never won it...1. the only way Hamilton could have won it on a Monaco circuit where you can't over take was by strategy (i.e. less pit stops than others) so makes you wonder why Red Bull decided to make a pit stop before Mercedes even though they were 30 seconds or so up on Hamilton. 2 the Red Bull pit stop was utterly ridiculous, you telling me in todays high tech with communication to practically everybody they weren't ready with the tyres as they were at the back of the garage and hence losing the lead to Hamilton and hence the GP.

Next day the papers were going on about how great Hamilton was...no I don't think so just incredibly lucky or something is at a miss or a fix to make the season not so one sided at an early stage, understand why Riccardio was so p%*$d off!!

13 minutes ago, Froze were the Days said:

That Monaco GP was farcical! - Hamilton should have never won it...1. the only way Hamilton could have won it on a Monaco circuit where you can't over take was by strategy (i.e. less pit stops than others) so makes you wonder why Red Bull decided to make a pit stop before Mercedes even though they were 30 seconds or so up on Hamilton. 2 the Red Bull pit stop was utterly ridiculous, you telling me in todays high tech with communication to practically everybody they weren't ready with the tyres as they were at the back of the garage and hence losing the lead to Hamilton and hence the GP.

Next day the papers were going on about how great Hamilton was...no I don't think so just incredibly lucky or something is at a miss or a fix to make the season not so one sided at an early stage, understand why Riccardio was so p%*$d off!!

Hamilton stayed on wets while everybody else was going on to intermediates, to go that long, and keep people behind him on wet tires is a feat in itself. He did one stop less, then nursed ultra soft tires beautifully for 40+ laps. He did get some help from Redbulls poor pitstop, but to say he was lucky and didn't deserve the win is completely wrong.

4 hours ago, Mapantz said:

Hamilton stayed on wets while everybody else was going on to intermediates, to go that long, and keep people behind him on wet tires is a feat in itself. He did one stop less, then nursed ultra soft tires beautifully for 40+ laps. He did get some help from Redbulls poor pitstop, but to say he was lucky and didn't deserve the win is completely wrong.

Don't disagree that Hamilton drove a good race but strategically Red Bull were woeful, they 'blinked' first and should have been on the same strategy (and yes the most poorly executed pit stop of recent years) - this was the only way that Hamilton would have got close to Riccardio after 20 odd laps. Also to say he nursed super soft tyres wasn't correct (as per Brundle commentating on Sky Sports saying they were in for a race later on) he in fact set the fastest lap with about 5 laps to go - work that out!  not that much over taking going on if at all on that circuit so the difference between intermediates and wets wouldn't have made that much difference, certainly not on over taking.

7 hours ago, Froze were the Days said:

Considering the atrocious luck Hamilton has had this season with Engine problems at 4 races so far, he is overdue a bit of luck. Besides he did drive extremely well staying on the Wets with others on inters, The fact that he was close to lapping his team mate says something. Also last year the boot was on the other foot with Hamilton losing a race he deserved to win.

If it wasn't for the mechanical issues, Hamilton would probably be winning the championship now,

Edited by J10

2 hours ago, Froze were the Days said:

Don't disagree that Hamilton drove a good race but strategically Red Bull were woeful, they 'blinked' first and should have been on the same strategy (and yes the most poorly executed pit stop of recent years) - this was the only way that Hamilton would have got close to Riccardio after 20 odd laps. Also to say he nursed super soft tyres wasn't correct (as per Brundle commentating on Sky Sports saying they were in for a race later on) he in fact set the fastest lap with about 5 laps to go - work that out!  not that much over taking going on if at all on that circuit so the difference between intermediates and wets wouldn't have made that much difference, certainly not on over taking.

Almost completely disagree with all of that, to say there is little difference between wets and inters is nonsense, I could only imagine the plaudits that Button would have got, if he did the same thing.

Hamilton drove well, but the win was handed to him by Red Bull. Driver of the race was voted as Checo, but Alonso did pretty well to put his car in 5th.

Cannot believe some people are dismissing the race Hamilton had! He had a very slow, scared Rosberg in front of him, which allowed a 13 second gap to open. Yes Red Bull had a bad pit stop, but Hamilton managed his tyres, and if it was not for the Rosberg in front of him, the pit stop would not have mattered 

Class driver, fearless, number 1 in the world in my eyes!

4 hours ago, J10 said:

Almost completely disagree with all of that, to say there is little difference between wets and inters is nonsense, I could only imagine the plaudits that Button would have got, if he did the same thing.

Makes me wonder if you were actually watching the race...I feel your being a bit over patriotic towards Hamilton. He got lucky, raced well but shouldn't have won it, by the way there was more than 13 seconds between Riccardio and Hamilton at one stage it was near 30 seconds.

22 hours ago, Froze were the Days said:

Makes me wonder if you were actually watching the race...I feel your being a bit over patriotic towards Hamilton. He got lucky, raced well but shouldn't have won it, by the way there was more than 13 seconds between Riccardio and Hamilton at one stage it was near 30 seconds.

I saw the race on highlights on Channel 4, too lovely a day to be inside, and no I am not being patriotic towards Hamilton at all, just being a realist,

Yes he was a bit lucky, as I have said in every post I made, but he has been incredibly unlucky this season, and was incredibly unlucky in the Monaco race last season.

Also what does your last sentence mean, it bears no relation to my comment at all, have you quoted the wrong person in error. 

Edited by J10

On ‎01‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 18:38, J10 said:

I saw the race on highlights on Channel 4, too lovely a day to be inside, and no I am not being patriotic towards Hamilton at all, just being a realist,

Yes he was a bit lucky, as I have said in every post I made, but he has been incredibly unlucky this season, and was incredibly unlucky in the Monaco race last season.

Also what does your last sentence mean, it bears no relation to my comment at all, have you quoted the wrong person in error. 

Yes sorry that last sentence was relating to Mapantz...watching the race live is certainly different than watching the highlights. By the way on another note you could argue that Hamilton got lucky last season compared to Rosberg in terms of reliability! :)

On 03/06/2016 at 13:08, Froze were the Days said:

Yes sorry that last sentence was relating to Mapantz...watching the race live is certainly different than watching the highlights. By the way on another note you could argue that Hamilton got lucky last season compared to Rosberg in terms of reliability! :)

I used to watch every race live (or at least 90%), but not having Sky sort of kills that. Also while previously on a nice Sunday, I would stay in to watch the race come what may, now I may go out, as watching 8 races live or 10 races live does not really matter. When nearly all races go to Sky, I don't know what I'll do.

As for last year, Rosberg certainly had more bad luck (at Monza while 2nd I think his engine went in the last few laps) and also at Sochi where he was leading. I think Hamilton would have won the title anyway but not as early as he did.

The charts are showing another wet race this Sunday in Montreal. Some gusty winds and heavy rain likely for race time.

Fantastic Result for Hamilton unlucky Rosberg :p Lewis loves Canada and a nice Tribute to Ali 

Yawn! - well fancy Lewis winning at his favourite track. Rosberg now getting the unreliablity issues that plagued Hamilton earlier, whatever it's another Mercedes championship - already!

That last spin out: wasn't Rosberg meant to go around the little chevron when re-entering the track? If so, I wonder if anyone will appeal.

16 minutes ago, Froze were the Days said:

Yawn! - well fancy Lewis winning at his favourite track. Rosberg now getting the unreliablity issues that plagued Hamilton earlier, whatever it's another Mercedes championship - already!

I think this race shows that the Ferrari finally has the pace to challenge Mercedes, which is at least one positive.

I was expecting this to be a very exciting race, it turned out to be the most boring of the season so far. Very strange!

Penalties pending but it looks like Hulkenburg and Button are 2nd and 3rd behind Hamilton.

What a race what a finish! Fantastic from Hamilton Rosberg paied the price for trying to take them both out! He needs the book thrown at him plus a penetly for next race. 

Edited by lfcdude

And Rosberg says Hamilton crashed into him. Brake problems. Maybe shouldn't of been driving an unsafe car for the start.

Horrible team player they should start having penalties for unsportsmanlike behavior that might keep it quiet.

Not the first time he's done that sort of thing either.

Rosberg has been given a 10 second penalty for causing a collision and 2 penalty points on his superlicense.

It seems clear that Rosberg is not Hamilton's equal,

Well what a surprise, Hamilton on pole and Rosberg 2nd, with Silverstone being a relatively fast track no need to turn up. A shoo-in that either Hamilton or Rosberg will win. Yawn!

3 hours ago, Froze were the Days said:

Well what a surprise, Hamilton on pole and Rosberg 2nd, with Silverstone being a relatively fast track no need to turn up. A shoo-in that either Hamilton or Rosberg will win. Yawn!

With Hamilton having to do a flying last lap, after his first lap was eliminated for exceeding track limits, it wasn't boring at all.

Line of showers near the track now but unfortunately it looks dry afterward.