Sign in to follow this  
Captain Shortwave

South East and East Anglia weather discussion/Chat - A new year

had a very spring like day today, had my washing on the line, and the sun in my eyes. completely  different to yesterdays snow wow, clouds have cleared now, sun setting in the back ground, no wind, but nipy, got to ut my recycling out later and of course the bottles, all healthy living of course :drinks: put them out when its really dark :ninja:

Afternoon everyone, temps have been up to 5.8 today but has felt a lot colder, rapidly dropping now, very raw out there!

temp now 2.9 dp 0.3

Can someone explain why some precip seems to get blown around the country as we watch it on the radar and other seems to just disappear?

fires lit, coal scuttles full, logs stacked and sausage and liver casserole and home made chips tonight!! 

Stay warm x

3 minutes ago, paget said:

Afternoon everyone, temps have been up to 5.8 today but has felt a lot colder, rapidly dropping now, very raw out there!

temp now 2.9 dp 0.3

Can someone explain why some precip seems to get blown around the country as we watch it on the radar and other seems to just disappear?

fires lit, coal scuttles full, logs stacked and sausage and liver casserole and home made chips tonight!! 

Stay warm x

Now I'm hungry! :-)

9 minutes ago, Earnest Easterly* said:

Now those are in towns... Imagine for us in the sticks! :cold:

23 minutes ago, paget said:

temp now 2.9 dp 0.3

Stay warm x

Sounds great, see you in about 45mins :rofl::gathering:

...I've got Mexican Chicken tonight, one of them cook in bag " Maggi " things with chunky Carrots, Onions, Mushrooms & Chilli added to it, might serve with rice and wedges.:clapping:

1 minute ago, Kent Blizzard said:

...I've got Mexican Chicken tonight, one of them cook in bag " Maggi " things with chunky Carrots, Onions, Mushrooms & Chilli added to it, might serve with rice and wedges.:clapping:

Ooh, love a bit of chilli! 

9 minutes ago, Greenland1080 said:

Makes myself a beef curry, home made with extra chilli flakes as guna be a cold night:cold:

Yum, that should keep you warm! :bomb:

We had beef stew on saturday with warm crusty Bread and yesterday I did Chicken with potatoes, leeks and onions in a cider sauce with rice(for me) extra roast potatoes for hubs and bubs. Humble spaghetti tonight as it's rainbows.

yum. 

1 minute ago, Dami said:

We had beef stew on saturday with warm crusty Bread and yesterday I did Chicken with potatoes, leeks and onions in a cider sauce with rice(for me) extra roast potatoes for hubs and bubs. Humble spaghetti tonight as it's rainbows.

yum. 

All sounds fantastic!  

had a very spring like day today, had my washing on the line, and the sun in my eyes. completely  different to yesterdays snow wow, clouds have cleared now, sun setting in the back ground, no wind, but nippy, got to put my recycling out later and of course the bottles, all healthy living of course :drinks: put them out when its really dark ,like my neighbors do, so no one can see your bottles, and dont tell me none of you lot do it  :rofl:

this has arisen again quoting myself, and dont know why, doesn't feel that cold out there at the moment, just got all my glad raggs on, boots, coat etc after a lovely hot bath, to put my recycling out and got the wrong blinking day :angry:, but very mild where i am and out in the sticks, so waiting for the temperature to plummet 

well, judging by the models on the model thread (and I know surrey said it is like the Jeremy kyle show on there) I couldnt resist a peak and wished I had not....looks as though tonight will be the only white covered surfaces  I will be seeing for quite a while :nonono:

15 minutes ago, PLANET THANET said:

well, judging by the models on the model thread (and I know surrey said it is like the Jeremy kyle show on there) I couldnt resist a peak and wished I had not....looks as though tonight will be the only white covered surfaces  I will be seeing for quite a while :nonono:

Ignore it, like I say, it's people allowing a computer to predict something 3-4 sometimes more days out... 

Tomorrow morning after the 00z model run, can almost gauntree it is a diffrent mood.. Your get use to it.. ;)

2 minutes ago, Surrey said:

Ignore it, like I say, it's people allowing a computer to predict something 3-4 sometimes more days out... 

Tomorrow morning after the 00z model run, can almost gauntree it is a diffrent mood.. Your get use to it.. ;)

thanks for the positivity in your reply

Friday cheeky little sleet shower, wintry mix over the hills anyone? Something to watch as the mi!d eventually pushes through

1 hour ago, Dami said:

yum. 

3 hours ago, Kent Blizzard said:

I've got one pitta bread and some Marmite:vava::cray:1.3c clear, apart from the police helicopter circling overhead with its spotlight on:help::reindeer-emoji:

Wow it's cold.. Frost on cars roofs and cars already... Damn!!

36 minutes ago, Surrey said:

Wow it's cold.. Frost on cars roofs and cars already... Damn!!

-2 here already! Think it'll get lower than the predicted -3 lol...

8 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

-2 here already! Think it'll get lower than the predicted -3 lol...

I think you are right Staines bloke. .... - 2.5 here and declining. Most definitely the coldest I have felt this winter, it's biting outside! 

-2.5 already, looking forward to how long it gets! 

2 hours ago, PLANET THANET said:

Depressing isn't it Planet Thanet living in East Kent lol we need a north easterly or easterly mate. Simples

Edited by snowfish1

13 minutes ago, paget said:

-2.5 already, looking forward to how long it gets! 

Think you mean LOW Paget....LOL

16 minutes ago, paget said:

:wallbash: ha ha! 

We are all allowed one Freudian slip a day.:oops::vava::rofl: Clear, 0.7c:reindeer-emoji:

a hem yes

much more colder than expected tonight.

I had the chicken full roast I didn't do yesterday

ice everywhere