Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia weather discussion/Chat - A new year

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.
6 minutes ago, Dami said:

Lovely morning, wouldn't of thought that the weekend had been cold and snowy.  no frost, just a little bit of mist.

Could be a foggy start on Wednesday, may be a few travel issues I'd imagine.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

temp now 1.7. Still nice and sunny, dp is -2.4, maybe that's holding the temp down, or have some colder uppers arrived from somewhere.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
5 minutes ago, Surrey said:

Going to be the hardest frost so far I think tonight in regards to this cold spell 

The coldest night since March 2013, is my guess.

Posted
11 minutes ago, Surrey said:

Going to be the hardest frost so far I think tonight in regards to this cold spell 

Not had a frost yet this winter over here, not got below 0. Will be nice to see one.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme
21 minutes ago, Surrey said:

Looks that way Surrey :). Also, It does look like some places will struggle to get above 1degree tomorrow during the day, particularly areas that don't see any sun, therefore, most definitely the coldest 24hrs of this cold spell! :cold:

Edited by Snoopie42
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Hi All,

Well what a great weekend in terms of snow it was for my town, Ok not the bitter easterly that usually delivers buckets of dry thick snow but certainly better from than the  Mild crap the Atlantic has thrown at us the past 2 winters.

4cm fell Saturday night and made for a beautiful snowy Sunday morning, I thoroughly enjoyed it. Still some pockets of snow left in sheltered fields/verges. Pretty cold as well out there right now. 3C currently but expecting to hit -5c tonight. Could be my coldest day of the winter so far tomorrow with temps really struggling, especially if fog/shallow mist forms

• Like 2

Posted

Reached near 5C today, 2C higher than forecast. We'll see about the frosts tonight. The weekend was meant to have "hard rural frost" too yet only went below 0 on Sat morning, reaching -1.7C. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
6 minutes ago, Surrey said:

I really wouldn't be surprised if we get down to perhaps -8 somewhere tonight.. Met office want -4 in the towns!

Aye...Benson might be a good bet?

Posted
41 minutes ago, March said:

Reached near 5C today, 2C higher than forecast. We'll see about the frosts tonight. The weekend was meant to have "hard rural frost" too yet only went below 0 on Sat morning, reaching -1.7C. 

High of 1.8 here,already dropping again. Forecast was for about 3 so it's colder here than they thought.

Posted
Just now, alexisj9 said:

High of 1.8 here,already dropping again. Forecast was for about 3 so it's colder here than they thought.

Cloudier here than Kent I think. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

A lot of the high level cloud has cleared this afternoon to leave some hazy sunshine. It does feel chilly outside, though with light winds it isn't too bad.

Temperatures are expect to fall to around -3C here as the cloud continues to melt away. Tomorrow should be fine and sunny for the south but cloud will increase in the north of the region as a weak front moves south.

Edited by Captain Shortwave

Posted
Just now, March said:

Cloudier here than Kent I think. 

Defo, I was surprised to here you had cloud.

Sunshine now here but can really feel temps taking a turn.. 

Looks like Friday now our current cold spell will end, for 3-4 days before the cold returns, this time from the East.. And boy.. This current cold spell will look like a distant dream and half ass attempt

UK Outlook for Tuesday 2 Feb 2016 to Tuesday 16 Feb 2016:

A typically changeable theme is the most likely scenario at this stage, with temperatures close to the seasonal average. The weather probably most unsettled towards the northwest and least unsettled towards the southeast. Frosty at times, though mainly towards the southeast where there is a little more potential for a more prolonged settled, colder period of weather.

Edited by Surrey

Posted
1 minute ago, Surrey said:

Looks like Friday now our current cold spell will end, for 3-4 days before the cold returns, this time from the East.. And boy.. This current cold spell will look like a distant dream and half ass attempt

I dont know who is right or wrong with the outlook, time will tell, but knockers getting his bbq  dusted off and checking on "sidney".

I hope you are right surrey:cold:

1 minute ago, PLANET THANET said:

I dont know who is right or wrong with the outlook, time will tell, but knockers getting his bbq  dusted off and checking on "sidney".

I hope you are right surrey:cold:

It will change tomorrow... you watch. I pay no attention to the model thread, it's like a Jeremy Kyle show in there sometimes.. 

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, Surrey said:

It will change tomorrow... you watch. I pay no attention to the model thread, it's like a Jeremy Kyle show in there sometimes.. 

I wont hold you to it, but heres hoping you are right:hi:

• Like 1

Posted
9 minutes ago, Surrey said:

UK Outlook for Tuesday 2 Feb 2016 to Tuesday 16 Feb 2016:

A typically changeable theme is the most likely scenario at this stage, with temperatures close to the seasonal average. The weather probably most unsettled towards the northwest and least unsettled towards the southeast. Frosty at times, though mainly towards the southeast where there is a little more potential for a more prolonged settled, colder period of weather.

That cold sunny air been over here all day, it's colder now than last night, those cold temp are defo coming for tonight.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

After a very dreary morning the clouds have been clearing away this afternoon to allow some weak sunshine. Great day for the allotment. Hoping for a decent frost and some freezing fog tonight...