Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia weather discussion/Chat - A new year

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.
4 minutes ago, Ice Day said:

Interesting Raintoday radar return for 21:15 (can't get a screen grab for some reason?).  Seems like a sudden build of precip over Norfolk heading south.  Could be the old dreaded anaprop, but fingers crossed it could be something of interest for the whole region?

Well the showers over the coasts of Norfolk and Suffolk are real, the snow running down the A1 is real, the stuff in between looks to be anaprop as I am under it and there is nothing falling. Though this may not be true everywhere.

Great Yarmouth about to be hit again by the heaviest precipitation around the UK by far and the radar says snow.

Edited by Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Cold Cold

My husband thinks I am mad obsessing about snow! Then when we get a load I don't want to go outside!  I wonder if it's the thrill of the chase!! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow events / Wind storms
12 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

Amazing local differences there, am about 2 miles from you and Temp is 2.2c - Are you high up ?

I'm not no, 41m asl, I have a vantage vue 2m over grass, 70ft from my house and at least 120ft from any roads, I've often been suspicious of my low readings, I had one of -4.9c (well actually sustained low temps) on the 20th of November last year with that cold snap, but other stations reported similar low figures, under -4c. I currently have another 2 stations near me reporting minus figures

http://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=IUNITEDK95

A year ago I also checked my low readings with another 2 digital stations, they were all within .1c of each other

Very odd!

edit: temps have been up and down tonight, hit -1.1c earlier, but it's less manic now, maybe there's somewhere nearby drying their hair in the garden :pardon:

Edited by Essex Easterly.
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hurricanes, Thunderstorms and blizzards please!
4 minutes ago, Captain Shortwave said:

Well the showers over the coasts of Norfolk and Suffolk are real, the snow running down the A1 is real, the stuff in between looks to be anaprop as I am under it and there is nothing falling. Though this may not be true everywhere.

Great Yarmouth about to be hit again by the heaviest precipitation around the UK by far and the radar says snow.

Had a feeling that maybe the case, but it could be in the process of building to something more interesting though?!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything and everything
4 minutes ago, Tim Bland said:

Light snow in Stevenage settling on cars. Surprised it's raining in Luton must be an error

Nothing here as yet.. Might be time for another smoke and quick lampost check

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Moderate snow here, but must be quite wet as its only laying on bubs wendy house roof and the bin.

Posted

I am too far east to see anything but have lights on just incase!

Have work in the morning so not sure I really want snow but would happily take it someone wants to send this way.

Have a great night snow watching those lucky enough to see some.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

latest from GFS18z, looks a lot better after midnight from that chart. You can see clearly the rain/snow divide there.

9-574.GIF

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, wind, storms
8 minutes ago, therecoil said:

Just started to snow lightly in Ditchling East Sussex ❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️

just need it to clear the southdowns and reach the coast. I think its already to warm. Currently 2.1 with DP @ 0.1

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms!! (With the odd gale thrown in)

Just set up a light pointing outside so I can see any possible flakes (no streetlight here and scaffolding up) so ready and waiting!

There has only been the tiniest amount of ppn here so far, despite the anaprop saying far more, but hopefully later, when the heavier bursts reach us, there will at least be a few flakes to watch.

Good luck all!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

Snowing steadily here, not settling though, just making the ground wet.