Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia weather discussion/Chat - A new year

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

This is looking promising.....when should I tell the kids? Probably wait until it's actually snowing as we know what usually happens when you tell somebody it's going  snow.........:oops: Enjoy all who ae lucky :D

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, hot and sunny in summer
53 minutes ago, Surrey said:

Taking the accumulated charts from now till Sunday to compare.. In general terms 1mm of PPN is 1cm of snow. (various factors do vary this general rule of thumb though)

NNM High res..

Probs the best of them all really...

nmm_uk1-25-36-0.png?16-06

ARPEGE Keen on the idea but not as much PPN more in line with the met..

arpegeuk-25-36-0.png?16-06

GFS same as ARPEGE perhaps a touch more

Modele GFS - Carte prévisions

EURO4

More for North East London

Precipitation accum. EURO4 Su 17.01.2016 12 GMT

If it snows and guesses this is how I see it based on the above as an average..

snow.jpg

I'm in Tunbridge Wells :-(

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes, snow, thunder, hot heat, ice cold, etc

OMG couldnt be more in the wrong place could i haha, too far east for the main band, too far west for the coastal showers, the narrow band of nothingness right above our heads, and most likely way too far east for anything monday too. Oh well suppose theres still a couple more months of possiblilities. 

Posted

Hi Everyone,

A little off the snow topic - I have a question as i am due to go out boat fishing from Eastbourne tomorrow, all this week the wind for tomorrow has been showing approx 5-6 mph northerly even as late as yesterday afternoon. Now the GFS 00Z has updated to 15-20mph SE. Would anyone expect this to change?

Thanks in advance. 

Brrr Paul.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.
18 minutes ago, Paul Ashford said:

Hi Everyone,

A little off the snow topic - I have a question as i am due to go out boat fishing from Eastbourne tomorrow, all this week the wind for tomorrow has been showing approx 5-6 mph northerly even as late as yesterday afternoon. Now the GFS 00Z has updated to 15-20mph SE. Would anyone expect this to change?

Thanks in advance. 

Brrr Paul.

No Paul, the SE'ly has been showing on the models for quite sometime...... Which can provide us with a decent continental flow.

Edited by Kent Blizzard
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Snow and more Snow!

Lots people's luck could be in tonight.

think of us poor Kent folk while you're dusting off the sledges!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny in the summer, cold and snowy in the winter
41 minutes ago, Essex winter said:

Am I to far east for any snow 2nite guys?:cc_confused:

Looks like Essex will be. Let's just hope it moves East.

Only one of my kids have seen settled snow, and he's too young to remember it. 

Posted

Wow, wasn't expecting to see the chance of snow tonight! Good luck everybody hope we all get a good covering of snow overnight!  Hope for more snow fall next week but understand there is huge uncertainty on early next weeks weather! Could stay dry and cold, could be more snow, or could rain and turn milder! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Snow and more Snow!

Neither of mine have, you never know with snow. I remember watching the radar etc 3 or 4 years back at about 9pm when we were not meant to have any this Far East when low and behold the wind picked up and we had a light covering come sunrise.

Posted

Got the sledges ready, they've not been used since we bought them! 

Fingers crossed North Norfolk isn't too far east and we get a pasting this time around. 

It's looking pretty good over the next few days anyway, will have to dig the torch out (no street lights). 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers
45 minutes ago, Snoopie42 said:

This is looking promising.....when should I tell the kids? Probably wait until it's actually snowing as we know what usually happens when you tell somebody it's going  snow.........:oops: Enjoy all who ae lucky :D

Hello Snoopie and welcome to the Netweather Forums! Yes, the number of times we have all thought "it can't possibly go wrong" and tell our friends, only for it to go Pete Tong and you end up with friends taking the micky! How's about not telling them, then when they wake up and it's white outside you can enjoy the look on their faces! :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave
4 minutes ago, Greenland1080 said:

Ruthlessly pinched from the NW thread:D

image.png

My location should get some, according to BBC starting around 11pm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, storms in summer or any extreme!

Hi guys!:)

i'm one of those who only post when snow prospects are less than 24 hours away! I see tonight's event could bring a nice covering, although being a rain/snow event for my location.

The charts are really informative and show some very good chances 

Posted
16 minutes ago, Blessed Weather said:

Hello Snoopie and welcome to the Netweather Forums! Yes, the number of times we have all thought "it can't possibly go wrong" and tell our friends, only for it to go Pete Tong and you end up with friends taking the micky! How's about not telling them, then when they wake up and it's white outside you can enjoy the look on their faces! :)

Thanks for the welcome BW, have been waiting in the shadows for a few years trying to gain as much knowledge as possible! Have very much enjoyed this thread when the MOD thread gets too much to bare LOL! Always know when something potentially exciting is going to happen when this thread gets busy and Surrey's post rate increases a few notches! Top people top thread!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers
1 hour ago, Paul Ashford said:

Hi Everyone,

Thanks in advance. 

Brrr Paul.

Hi Paul. The High Res Arpege model showing SE'ly max gusts of around 10 mph at 10.00, rising to around 20 mph by 13.00. Here's the charts (but note figures are in KM, so I've converted):

10.00 569a182a6b512_arpegeuk-11-33-0WIndGusts1 13.00 569a1839a47af_arpegeuk-11-36-0WindGusts1

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave
Just now, Greenland1080 said:

Your location could be nice.Love that elevation....68m on the roof:yahoo:

I'm prepared for March 1995 Oregon weather or if its marginal building extension on the roof.

32632_10151329973051467_2097006401_n.jpg

hunt for snow.jpg

Posted
4 minutes ago, Surrey said:

Goona get busy in here later.. :rofl:

Irish sea having a positive effect on the PPN to 

Hi Surrey, exciting times! Should hit me just before you, so will keep you posted! I quoted your name in a reply to Blessed Weather, hope you don't mind? Have always enjoyed your posts over the last few years! Good luck for later.

• Like 1

Just now, Snoopie42 said:

Hi Surrey, exciting times! Should hit me just before you, so will keep you posted! I quoted your name in a reply to Blessed Weather, hope you don't mind? Have always enjoyed your posts over the last few years! Good luck for later.

Thank you! That would be good! Certainly is exciting, probs the best chance for some proper snow here in over 3 years!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive
19 hours ago, Mark wheeler said:

Hi Surrey , the radar seems to be showing more precipitation coming into England than was forecasted do you agree with that. I haven't seen any charts that show this but may have missed them .

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mark wheeler said:

Hi Surrey , the radar seems to be showing more precipitation coming into England than was forecasted do you agree with that. I haven't seen any charts that show this but may have missed them .

Does seem to be that way some models show a lot more PPN than others.. This "event" was not really showing last night (well only for northern areas) and is a developing event right now.. Anything could happen! Met updates should be rolling out soon

The Irish sea sure is pumping out the stuff we want though 

• Like 1

Posted
9 minutes ago, Surrey said:

Does seem to be that way some models show a lot more PPN than others.. This "event" was not really showing last night (well only for northern areas) and is a developing event right now.. Anything could happen! Met updates should be rolling out soon

The Irish sea sure is pumping out the stuff we want though 

There certainly looks more precipitation on the radar.....looks a bit closer too? The worry then would be that it gets to us before dark and falls as rain.......