Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia weather discussion/Chat - A new year

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Oh dear, snow on Monday stalls further West...seen that before a fair few times.

gfs-2-72.png

Edited by snowray

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Its all or nothing on Monday for us, because if we do not get the PPN its going to be a dry transition to mild and thats our lot...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Yes, Monday looking rather painful for our patch I have to say, I guess we won’t really know the full western extent until Sundays 12z.

I certainly will be in hideaway mode from all things weather on Monday, if it turns out that 40/50 miles west of me are getting hammered by persistent snow whilst I sit in bone dry conditions.

To add salt to the wounds a high chance that something more mild could be heading our way end of next week with no breakdown at all.

Just watch that front on Monday get modelled further and further west. Can’t see it being modelled further East, GFS especially always underestimates the block of high pressure.

4 minutes ago, Earnest Easterly* said:

Looking at the radar I was pleasantly surprised these showers are heading SE let's hope they do not catch a cold. :D

image.thumb.jpeg.16d37e572c3c65b6ec4f8d2

Been monitoring them all day and the models, it currently looks a lot better odds than last night, certainly a dusting if they make it.. BBC (although I pay no real attention to them) says yes, hiliram is the only model that says yes 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything and everything
5 minutes ago, Earnest Easterly* said:

Looking at the radar I was pleasantly surprised these showers are heading SE let's hope they do not catch a cold. :D

image.thumb.jpeg.16d37e572c3c65b6ec4f8d2

I have been keeping an eye on this too. Not a great deal of movement been happening but it has been a slow steady progress in this direction. That's about the extent of my knowledge to be honest. Just hoping it keeps on track but am sure I will be corrected by someone more in the know? :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

Been watching that myself.It may go over me.its lovely and dry out there will settle although there's not much .we had loads last night but so wet it was a real waste.

• Like 1

Posted

Very juicy crop of showers there, is that the occlusion or a trough?

Areas North West of our region should be ok for a bit of white stuff a bit later I would imagine, might be a few surprises anywhere I guess.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
7 minutes ago, Surrey said:

Been monitoring them all day and the models, it currently looks a lot better odds than last night, certainly a dusting if they make it.. BBC (although I pay no real attention to them) says yes, hiliram is the only model that says yes 

And, as long as I have interpreted the Beeb's lunchtime forecast correctly, that blob is all tied-in with an isobaric kink supposedly sinking southwards through the North Sea. So, not only are you lot darn sarf in with a shout, sleet and snow showers may well impinge on Norfolk, Suffolk and East Essex later-on in the night?:D

Edited by Ed Stone

Posted
4 minutes ago, fulham snow said:

What is the DP

Dew point in Epsom is 0c at moment. hoping we can reinstate the snow depth cup, sometime before I need a zimmer frame instead of a sled! Feeling very chilly here in the wind today and yay I did see a bit of snizzle yesterday 

Posted

A beautiful winter's day. Cold, sunny & icy (early in morning).

Monday does interest me, I sense the frontal stuff will get as far as NW Kent. TIs speculation. 

@fulham snow dew points are of no concern in region IMBY the DP is -3*C!

5 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

And, as long as I have interpreted the Beeb's lunchtime forecast correctly, that blob is all tied-in with an isobaric kink supposedly sinking southwards through the North Sea. So, not only are you lot darn sarf in with a shout, sleet and snow showers may well impinge on Norfolk, Suffolk and East Essex later-on in the night?:D

Potentially yes if you say that then Yeah they could make it all the way,not to mention urban heat island effect may also give a bit of oomph to the showers 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Just watched the BBC update - Sunday has 'the south' at 7 or 8°, whereas MetO has me at a max of 3° (plus a bizarre hour's worth of heavy snow that doesn't seem to appear elsewhere). Something's amiss.

Posted
Just now, Amanzi said:

Dew point in Epsom is 0c at moment. hoping we can reinstate the snow depth cup, sometime before I need a zimmer frame instead of a sled! Feeling very chilly here in the wind today and yay I did see a bit of snizzle yesterday 

I'm a Spurs Fan, so I don't like the idea of a 0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0 draw !:D

• Like 1

Posted

Anyone seen the 12z Arpege....WOW factor for Monday and next week.:D

arpegeeur-0-78.png

• Like 1

Posted

arpegeeur-0-96.png

Posted
Just now, alexaris1985 said:

Guys, does this PPN coming have the potential to leave some flakes in Essex, not further east though (Romford). Don't see that happening? What do you think?

Sorry not this time a bit to far East.

Maybe a flurry in south London but not a lot.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

Liking the continental flow come Monday, could really help us in our Region.

Posted

So far this evening 'tis a braw, bricht moonlicht nicht - and 2C.:D

Posted
29 minutes ago, Hearts in Herts said:

I have been keeping an eye on this too. Not a great deal of movement been happening but it has been a slow steady progress in this direction. That's about the extent of my knowledge to be honest. Just hoping it keeps on track but am sure I will be corrected by someone more in the know? :)

There's nothing to be corrected here.

The wind vectors point towards our region just W of London is looking most ideal those showers will come our way just a case on whether they survive the journey - have some faith in yourself. :)