Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia weather discussion/Chat - A new year

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

Look at your downgrading posts from last few days, according to you no cold spell would happen at all, its a decent size Region!

Don't worry won't confuse you again.

Anyway Celeb BB just got more interesting.

Edited by Kent Blizzard

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Any chance of drawing a line under this argument? It's snowing her and it's not snowing there...Last year it was the other way around. There's no such thing as a text-book cold spell?:D

• Like 5

Just now, Ed Stone said:

Any chance of drawing a line under this argument? It's snowing her and it's not snowing there...Last year it was the other way around. There's no such thing as a text-book cold spell?:D

Not mentioning the Cheshire gap is currently pumping showers out like a snow machine! I think a few people will wake up with a dusting here and there 

Saw a post on twitter about half hour ago saying they may make it if it can orginise enough

Posted
Just now, Surrey said:

Not mentioning the Cheshire gap is currently pumping showers out like a snow machine! I think a few people will wake up with a dusting here and there 

Saw a post on twitter about half hour ago saying they may make it if it can orginise enough

north of the M4 they might, but unlikely to make it down to the coast, unfortunately

And CBB is just nuts

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Frosty Mornings

Sat in the conservatory with blinds open, lampost watching, nowt here in Cambs

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Time for bed methinks, the joys of starting work at 6am. 

Play nice everyone :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
10 minutes ago, Surrey said:

It's about 35 years' since I saw snow showers reach MK, from the Cheshire gap...But it does happen. Anything can happen!:)

Posted

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/features/35319682

Interesting watch.

Oh and....

Ian F latest 

@Ashleig95425772 oh & incidentally: slower retreat of cold *still* signalled by 12z UKMO-GM Parallel Suite; JMA; & MOGREPS is split 50-50...

Edited by Kent Blizzard
  • Like 1

Posted

Hi all I don't post much, but at the moment models are  flip flopping due to storm Alex. No matter how much you analyse each model run until we get storm Alex upon us and how it interacts with the Azores and the low , models will keep flip flopping. So sit back and enjoy the roller coaster ride.  

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms

Evening all, glad to be back posting after two winter's of discontent! So not the snowy outlook that we all want, but we are exactly half-way through the meteorological winter and all the play for in the second half.

Not liking the TV forecasts for the weekend that show a big 7C over London, nearer average rather than cold!

• Like 2

Posted
8 minutes ago, essexweather said:

Evening all, glad to be back posting after two winter's of discontent! So not the snowy outlook that we all want, but we are exactly half-way through the meteorological winter and all the play for in the second half.

Not liking the TV forecasts for the weekend that show a big 7C over London, nearer average rather than cold!

I agree, those temperature forecasts look very underwhelming (or overwhelming !) for a January 'cold' snap!  Hopefully, the temperatures will turn out to be lower than forecast.

Posted

A man can dream perhaps some showers will move in the early hours.

The ITV News London forecast did definitely not show that EW, 4C Saturday, 4C Sunday & 2C for Monday which is cold. It frustrates me intensely how hard it is to get a bit of snow...

image.thumb.png.f44596f5cd690da8a3500e0e

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal
17 minutes ago, essexweather said:

Fancy seeing you here! 

That snow came so close. 
I like the optimistic outlook. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms
8 minutes ago, moogyboobles said:

Fancy seeing you here! 

That snow came so close. 
I like the optimistic outlook. 

Unlike last time we spoke on here, we live in the same town! If only we could get that NE'ly or E'ly that I've read about in books that always delivers the snow here :o

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius
31 minutes ago, essexweather said:

Spot on! - saw the regional forecast at 10.40pm and the lady forecaster (forget her name) kept going on about how v'ery cold' it would be - temps showed around 4/5c tomorrow and about the same for the weekend BUT with at last possible air frosts (which can occur as we know in Novembers, well Novembers past never mind mid-January). So every time we have mild weather for any length does this mean that TV forecasters forget what temperatures should be for the time of year once it does become cold?  generally for mid-january just below 7c day maxes and near 2c min night. Rant over :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

PPN hanging on in the far East of EA, also pepping up a bit now, may continue for a while yet and give a nice covering to a lucky few up that way.

Posted
1 minute ago, snowray said:

PPN hanging on in the far East of EA, also pepping up a bit now, may continue for a while yet and give a nice covering to a lucky few up that way.

On the beeb app looked good for areas like Lowestoft.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Indeed, be interesting if anyone posts some pics tomorrow from around there.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Checked the MetO app for London this morning and there, sat at the top under warnings, was a lovely yellow snowflake...all tempting, like a wanton harlot, giving the briefest of hope I might actually see something a bit further west. Obviously absolutely nothing on the warning map, nothing in the forecast, and nothing likely to happen for my region. Bloody teases! :wallbash:

And it has the temerity to still be like that now.

_20160115_005426.JPG

_20160115_005450.JPG

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

I have't seen a covering of snow for over two years! And I should get excited about a cold dry spell? Uh no