Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia weather discussion/Chat - A new year

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
14 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

We get Daniel-son occasionally posting in the Southwest thread, it's all good. :D

I live in Kuwait and still post in the SE thread, it's snowing like the clappers here.:yahoo::reindeer-emoji:

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings
On 1/18/2016 at 6:59 PM, Greenland1080 said:

Mentioning bottles and talking to yourself is never a good sign!!

had a very spring like day today, had my washing on the line, and the sun in my eyes. completely  different to yesterdays snow wow, clouds have cleared now, sun setting in the back ground, no wind, but nippy, got to put my recycling out later and of course the bottles, all healthy living of course :drinks: put them out when its really dark ,like my neighbors do, so no one can see your bottles, and dont tell me none of you lot do it  :rofl:

this has arisen again quoting myself, and dont know why, doesn't feel that cold out there at the moment, just got all my glad raggs on, boots, coat etc after a lovely hot bath, to put my recycling out and got the wrong blinking day :angry:, but very mild where i am and out in the sticks, so waiting for the temperature to plummet 

:oops:argh still showing old posts when i want to speak, so ignore above, most people do anyway :D very windy and squalid rain,came when i hung it out, so all i can say is great for washing until the rain comes , nothing like wet washing slapping you in the face :D

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
3 minutes ago, Jo S said:

had a very spring like day today, had my washing on the line, and the sun in my eyes. completely  different to yesterdays snow wow, clouds have cleared now, sun setting in the back ground, no wind, but nippy, got to put my recycling out later and of course the bottles, all healthy living of course :drinks: put them out when its really dark ,like my neighbors do, so no one can see your bottles, and dont tell me none of you lot do it  :rofl:

this has arisen again quoting myself, and dont know why, doesn't feel that cold out there at the moment, just got all my glad raggs on, boots, coat etc after a lovely hot bath, to put my recycling out and got the wrong blinking day :angry:, but very mild where i am and out in the sticks, so waiting for the temperature to plummet 

:oops:argh still showing old posts when i want to speak, so ignore above, most people do anyway :D very windy and squalid rain,came when i hung it out, so all i can say is great for washing until the rain comes , nothing like wet washing slapping you in the face :D

Three posts in one, impressive!:cc_confused: Pretty squalid here too.:D:reindeer-emoji:

• Like 1

Posted

im a woman of many talents :rofl:, even though i dont mean to be :)

• Like 4

Posted

so my analysis of the weather, very technical, here we go, windy,a bit of rain in the air and a bit nippy, there who needs the met office :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Breezy and drizzly day but nothing impressive down here, even with the winds forecast to increase a tad during the night. The disruption to Scotland looks awful, though there's a part of me that wishes I was back on Uist this weekend :D I just hope everyone remains safe.

ETA: the ARPEGE is a lovely, lovely model (post by @Nouska from the MOD thread). Happy days ahoy?

Edited by ReindeerMarmalade

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

OK itv weather just forecast strong winds rain and thunder in their meridian forecast, sound like we have a very active squall coming.

Posted
On 1/14/2016 at 7:39 PM, Blessed Weather said:

blowingHi EW. The strong winds are certainly driving in sleet and snow off the North Sea, particularly for Norfolk, so fully understand your comment. However, the Low Pressure system itself is gradually moving away and this slowly pulls the front away into the North Sea, so the band of precipitation that was impacting East Anglia is eventually out in the North Sea. You can see this on the latest BBC Weather Forecast video, but here's a couple of stills:

22.00 5697f7e749138_WeatherforecastThurs22.00.  Midnight 5697f7f19e2e9_WeatherforecastFri00.00.th

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast-video/21416743

On 1/14/2016 at 7:39 PM, Blessed Weather said:

Hi EW. The strong winds are certainly driving in sleet and snow off the North Sea, particularly for Norfolk, so fully understand your comment. However, the Low Pressure system itself is gradually moving away and this slowly pulls the front away into the North Sea, so the band of precipitation that was impacting East Anglia is eventually out in the North Sea. You can see this on the latest BBC Weather Forecast video, but here's a couple of stills:

22.00 5697f7e749138_WeatherforecastThurs22.00.  Midnight 5697f7f19e2e9_WeatherforecastFri00.00.th

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast-video/21416743

bbc   are saying  we  could  expect  over  an inch   of  rain  t -night

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
19 minutes ago, Surrey said:

Said it earlier but got told off..

Ignore it, your input is appreciated by many I'm sure.

• Like 2

Posted
3 hours ago, Mapantz said:

We get Daniel-son occasionally posting in the Southwest thread, it's all good. :D

Excuse me :D 

I'm a free wandering spirit! The tail-end of the winter is setting up nicely.

A mighty split here, Feb 2009-esque.  

image.thumb.png.43eceb03fe5afaafab1dadfc

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
38 minutes ago, Surrey said:

Said it earlier but got told off..

No you never, don't twist the situation. You said '2 inches' - That is a far cry from 'an inch of rain is possible' 
And before the brigade starts firing blanks, i'm not being a pedant, just putting straight a Madden-esque weather forecast.

Edited by Mapantz
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
5 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

No you never, don't twist the situation. You said '2 inches' - That is a far cry from 'an inch of rain is possible' 
And before the brigade starts firing blanks, i'm not being a pedant, just putting straight a Madden-esque weather forecast.

Pedant!

Posted
3 hours ago, somofagun said:

Jo if we get any snow here tomorrow i will put up a few photos for you. :D

Spare the grief! 

We have a civil war going on over here over a inch or 2 of rain. :D:friends:

Posted
9 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

Spare the grief! 

We have a civil war going on over here over a inch or 2 of rain. :D:friends:

An inch can make all the difference.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
4 minutes ago, Surrey said:

:rofl::rofl:

You know your lonely when you gotta start an argument over an inch :rofl:

It's what your right arm's for...:D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
2 minutes ago, Surrey said:

Steady... :rofl: need more than a few inches for that.. 

Carling Black Label?:yahoo:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
13 minutes ago, Surrey said:

:rofl::rofl:

You know your lonely when you gotta start an argument over an inch :rofl:

Well, if we went by your measurements, we'd be in the adult film industry.

Posted
9 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

Strongest gust here so far 58 mph at about 8:30, that main rain isn't here yet.

Not convinced we'll get a whole bunch down in our tucked-away corner with the ENE trajectory. Just drizzly stuff here so far and some decent gusts.