Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia weather discussion/Chat - A new year

Captain Shortwave

Posted

Temperature stalled at -1.1C and is climbing slightly. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Now either my thermometer is broken or its ridiculously cold this evening.....It's showing - 4.8! I must admit it does feel a lot colder out there than last night. :cold:

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, PLANET THANET said:

where is everybody ? at this rate I might have to look at the mod thread for entertainment but there again perhaps not, I might end up on antidepressants or even worse joining in:rofl:

I really wouldn't bother PT......I took a peek and got out dam quickly .........terrible atmosphere :angry:, unlike here I might add:D nice, warm and cosy!

Edited by Snoopie42

Posted

Dog beat me to it...

P1000974r.jpg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Cold Cold
2 minutes ago, Surrey said:

Well that sh*** all over mine! Lol!!

Not at all, I thought what fantastic tiles on yours, I have probably the smallest house in Farnham! But it has got a lovely fireplace!! 

:D

4 minutes ago, stun12 said:

Dog beat me to it...

P1000974r.jpg

Lovely 

Posted

I took a little peek at the model thread, with my lack of knowledge, it looked rather serious! 

I did think of asking could they tell me when it will snow on my house! Thought they would love that, but I refrained!  :diablo:

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

it it very cold but I did notice the temp went up a couple of c.

then dropped bck down again.

currently -3c

• Like 1

Posted

A cold one -2*C at the moment not a drop of wind, cold for an inner London borough.

In the suburbs it must be -4*C or lower, Benson is nippy sitting at -6*C I think we could go lower than -8.4*C? If there was some snow-cover without question I'd say double digits for that part of Oxfordshire, I'm sad to see this weather disperse after Wednesday back to mild SW'lies.

image.thumb.jpeg.cd25b3e056f5395e9818a4f

Edited by Earnest Easterly*
  • Like 3

Posted
13 minutes ago, Earnest Easterly* said:

A cold one -2*C at the moment not a drop of wind, cold for an inner London borough.

In the suburbs it must be -4*C or lower, Benson is nippy sitting at -6*C I think we could go lower than -8.4*C? If there was some snow-cover without question I'd say double digits for that part of Oxfordshire, I'm sad to see this weather disperse after Wednesday back to mild SW'lies.

image.thumb.jpeg.cd25b3e056f5395e9818a4f

Even without snow cover we've done double digits. Coldest I recall was -16.5 in 2010. Positively balmy at -6.5 now. Shame there's not a little moisture. A hoar frost would be a wonderful substitute for a snowscape.

• Like 1

Posted

Morning all! Currently -6.9 degrees :cold: ! Can it get to -7 by the time I'm showered and ready for work? Think I may need to heat up the car before getting in it this morning! Going to Farnham first thing, so here's hoping the M25 and M3 are going to behave? Have a good day all.

It did! Temp now -7.2 , car cleared, seats warm, ready for the off.... see you guys later! :)

Edited by Snoopie42
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

-3.4c here. Shame this average spell........I mean cool spell is coming to an end and normal service will resume by the weekend.:angry: We need a proper cold spell because this one was lame. A couple of nights of frost does not make a cold spell. Looks like February and March are the months to watch, you can forget the rest of January but spring snow  does look likely.:cold-emoji: Oh and it was -37 in northern Norway last night.:cold::reindeer-emoji:

• Like 1

Posted

Definitely cold!!!  Beautiful red hue on the horizon

temp -6.9

dp -8.1 

brrrrrrrrr! 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

Fffffffffffffffreezing this morning,not a good start either,yes,i popped into the mod,or is that mad,thread,oh dear winter is over and all that.still could be worse,i could believe everything they say,ha ha ,have a good day peeps

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

-5 here, coldest night for quite a while! Looks like another beautiful sunny day coming up.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
3 minutes ago, Surrey said:

Virgina water -7 on the car thermometer... Sheeeeez!!!  they have had a hoar frost to everything is white, it's beautiful 

That's one thing I'd have loved to see, some freezing fog leaving everything white with ice 

Posted
1 minute ago, Surrey said:

I'm at the station now it looks fantastic!  

On another note I still see the same stupid people allowing a computer to predict the weather 15-20 days out.. Pahahaha idiots!

Yes it's the same old 'winter's over' boring rubbish. How they can predict that on January 20th is beyond me. February is usually the coldest month, isn't it?? So anything could happen. 

12 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Yes it's the same old 'winter's over' boring rubbish. How they can predict that on January 20th is beyond me. February is usually the coldest month, isn't it?? So anything could happen. 

Statistics say yes, Feb is our coldest month when we so most our snow down south to which leads into March first half with a warm up towards the end. My birthday!!! 

Word of advice for peeps, we have some experianced people in this thread, listen to them not the tross in the model thread 

Edited by Surrey

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Cold and frosty here, frost doesn't seem to be melting yet. Cloud has come in from the NE now, not sure if that means temps will be held down or not.