IGNORED

South East and East Anglia weather discussion/Chat - A new year

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
3 minutes ago, Kent Blizzard said:

Wouldn't rule out a Thames Streamer from this

gem-0-222.png?00

I hope we get a Thames streamer too, even though I don't know what one is, but it sounds cool!:reindeer-emoji::cold::santa-emoji:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.
8 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

I hope we get a Thames streamer too, even though I don't know what one is, but it sounds cool!:reindeer-emoji::cold::santa-emoji:

They are very cool for us in the SE indeed Lassie (2010), when one of these kicks off radar watching is very fun indeed lol

...read this thread...

https://forum.netweather.tv/topic/53635-thames-snow-streamer-event-12nd-feb-2009/

Edited by Kent Blizzard

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days

Can I have a Kent and a Medway Streamer please?

Sorry if I'm being greedy.:cold:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

There are quite a few charts out there now that would indicate streamers for our area.

Northerlies/North Easterlies generally produce the old Wishbone Effect, what most of us want is a ENE or true Easterly and uppers at leat of -8/-9c, this is when we get Thames streamers and showers generally getting a fair old way inland. 

Low Pressure over France, High Pressure over Northern Scotland towards Scandi and Iceland would be Perfecto Mundo!:cold-emoji:

Posted
8 minutes ago, snowray said:

There are quite a few charts out there now that would indicate streamers for our area.

Northerlies/North Easterlies generally produce the old Wishbone Effect, what most of us want is a ENE or true Easterly and uppers at leat of -8/-9c, this is when we get Thames streamers and showers generally getting a fair old way inland. 

Low Pressure over France, High Pressure over Northern Scotland towards Scandi and Iceland would be Perfecto Mundo!:cold-emoji:

Indeed snowray, again it's almost to good to be true but lot's of agreement.

For me this would be perfect, get some cold weather in with snow before we reach Feb and then at least we can't moan and groan, by end of Feb bring on Spring :D

Perhaps in this thread we shouldn't get too excited just yet ;)

Edited by Kent Blizzard

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
18 minutes ago, Kent Blizzard said:

They are very cool for us in the SE indeed Lassie (2010), when one of these kicks off radar watching is very fun indeed lol

...read this thread...

https://forum.netweather.tv/topic/53635-thames-snow-streamer-event-12nd-feb-2009/

Nice link Kent Blizzard, thanks! You could get a Kent Blizzard out of it.:shok:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
18 minutes ago, Kent Blizzard said:

Indeed snowray, again it's almost to good to be true but lot's of agreement.

For me this would be perfect, get some cold weather in with snow before we reach Feb and then at least we can't moan and groan, by end of Feb bring on Spring :D

Perhaps in this thread we shouldn't get too excited just yet ;)

Yes I am ready for my snow fix now, then if February produces nothing much of interest at least its not another waisted Winter. By late February I am looking forward to Spring anyway so don't appreciate late and wet snowfall.

Runs look pretty dry apart from then coasts but I wouldn't worry about the detail just yet, lets get the cold air in 1st aye...

gens-0-1-324.png

Posted

Agree, get the cold in and the rest will follow eventually ( crosses fingers ). We certainly need some crisp dry cold days across the country and I'm sure those in the NW would welcome cold frosty days rather than snow.

More runs needed still but it's so good to now have something to focus on, at the very least we can all learn from it. You'll notice in MO thread there will be some negative posts but 80% time that's because it's not showing what they want in their own backyard, some even knock what went on in 2010 because for them it wasn't as good as some locations in the SE.

Rain/Snowfall rate GFS Sa 16.01.2016 06 GMT

That's a nice dumping of Pink in the North Sea and we know what will happen when the Wind blows it this way :D

Edited by Kent Blizzard
  • Like 1

Posted
59 minutes ago, Kent Blizzard said:

Agree, get the cold in and the rest will follow eventually ( crosses fingers ). We certainly need some crisp dry cold days across the country and I'm sure those in the NW would welcome cold frosty days rather than snow.

More runs needed still but it's so good to now have something to focus on, at the very least we can all learn from it. You'll notice in MO thread there will be some negative posts but 80% time that's because it's not showing what they want in their own backyard, some even knock what went on in 2010 because for them it wasn't as good as some locations in the SE.

Rain/Snowfall rate GFS Sa 16.01.2016 06 GMT

That's a nice dumping of Pink in the North Sea and we know what will happen when the Wind blows it this way :D

:cold: :help:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days

It's at times like this that I can't help but reminisce about January 87, which is still the holy grail for me in terms of synoptics, cold and snow. I'm pretty sure the uppers were colder than anything we saw in 91 and 2010 though some on here may be able to give some more detail on this. I can recall being off school for a week, and in those days schools didn't close with anything like the frequency they do now.

Anyway, anything close to that through this month and into next will be more than acceptable!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

You have to laugh at BBC Weather forecasters on TV sometimes.

Jay Wynne ''Some snow around next week'' ''Hopefully it wont last long''

Yeah Jay, lets get those mild Atlantic South Westerlies back, bringing more onslaught to the flooded victims and while we are at it, lets add more water to a very already nationwide saturated ground.. Idiot!!

Northern hemisphere + Mid January = Snow ..... Why do  TV weather forecasters have such an irrational fear of perhaps a couple of snow days in the depth of winter. I find it incredibly annoying.

Edited by Ben Lewis
  • Like 2

Posted
6 minutes ago, Ben Lewis said:

Yeah Jay, lets get those mild Atlantic South Westerlies back, bringing more onslaught to the flooded victims and while we are at it, lets add more water to a very already nationwide saturated ground.. Idiot!!

At least we won't have a hose pipe ban this summer :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun
3 minutes ago, Flash Elvis said:

At least we won't have a hose pipe ban this summer :D

Haha... Oh believe me, it doesn't take long for members to come on here Screaming their garden needs rain after 7 days of dry weather. Happens every year. 

• Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, Ben Lewis said:

Haha... Oh believe me, it doesn't take long for members to come on here Screaming their garden needs rain after 7 days of dry weather. Happens every year. 

:wallbash: There is no pleasing some people is there!!! 

I for one hate the rain in the summer because it ruins my cricket 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
1 minute ago, Ben Lewis said:

And the farmers whinge the whole year round: too wet, too dry; to hot, to cold...:D

Posted

These BBC weather forecasters just get more and more useless, Francis started all of this dumbing down almost 40 years ago!

Interesting PPN charts and 850's for ECM here for next Monday, notice the band or rain turning to snow over our area. These are very close to what UKMO are showing. 160106_0000_144.thumb.png.6129acffbba177160106_0000_144-1.thumb.png.aab0773e03ff

160106_0000_144.png

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, Ben Lewis said:

Northern hemisphere + Mid January = Snow ..... Why do  TV weather forecasters have such an irrational fear of perhaps a couple of snow days in the depth of winter. I find it incredibly annoying.

She's off her trolley we ain't had any snow in a good long time. She does not speak on behalf of me, despite having weaker bones. Snow is beautiful, rain can sod off we get it all year round.

• Like 1

Posted

And slightly further out.

gensnh-0-5-288_rmu5.png

• Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, snowray said:

These BBC weather forecasters just get more and more useless, Francis started all of this dumbing down almost 40 years ago!

Interesting PPN charts and 850's for ECM here for next Monday, notice the band or rain turning to snow over our area. These are very close to what UKMO are showing. 160106_0000_144.thumb.png.6129acffbba177160106_0000_144-1.thumb.png.aab0773e03ff

160106_0000_144.png

I like the look of that warmly received be me - slight error on pronouns^ :D

• Like 1

Posted
8 minutes ago, snowray said:

And slightly further out.

gensnh-0-5-288_rmu5.png

I take it the black blob is the end of the world lol, I may save that image ;)

• Like 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, Kent Blizzard said:

I take it the black blob is the end of the world lol, I may save that image ;)

I was wondering what that was....... I was thinking it was the Silver Surfer creating his holes for Galactus 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: lots of snow and cold crisp mornings! thunder storms!

Hey guys heard the s word and im back, hope everyone had a good christmas and happy new year all, things are looking a little tastey for next week i see 

• Like 1

Posted
9 minutes ago, hernebaylooby said:

Hey guys heard the s word and im back, hope everyone had a good christmas and happy new year all, things are looking a little tastey for next week i see 

Back at ya

I don't recall seeing the snizzle word anywhere :cold:

• Like 1