Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Atlantic Storm #6 - Frank

Thunderbolt_

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!
11 minutes ago, Ross Andrew Hemphill said:

Frank is 944mb now, not bad!

What do you mean by not bad?? As in strong or not lol, im a novice here!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: gales & snow
2 minutes ago, four seasons in one day said:

Not too bad just 70mph?  tiny who? 

I think the wind is scaring him even though he's not the one expericing the 70mph winds 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Gale force SE'ly winds here on the coast with gusts into the 60's now, further afield very windy with winds gusting 70mph+ over parts of N Ireland (78mph recorded earlier @ Magilligan) and the Western Isles, about as forecast at the moment. 

http://www.xcweather.co.uk/

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cloud 9

Ok weather gods - what are going to do to me over the next two days.  I place sand bags and deploy flood gates - so you decided to blow my trees down.  What have I done to you? 

Tom

• Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, Sainsbo said:

Let's hope the ECM, and more patricularly the ARPEGE are wrong about this secondary low, the presure gradent is extremely tight.

arpegeuk-2-24-0.png?29-12

arpegeuk-2-27-0.png?29-12

If that secondary low stays on the track it's on, it's gonna sweep across the central belt of Scotland.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunshine and thunderstorms. Mild in winter.

Gone very windy here in the last hour or so. No rain yet, though.

Posted

Severe conditions here in Northern Ireland.  And going to keep an eye on this little one to come along after frank tomorrow.

All flights cancelled at international airport, flights diverted and the ones that have been able to land have had to sit on the tarmac some for up to 3 hours now as all airport operations have been suspended. 

Power cuts everywhere over 6000 properties now without power, 100s of trees down, landslides, flooding.  Police advising against all non essential travel. I can see why.

arpegeuk-11-20-0.png

Edited by jello
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!
26 minutes ago, jello said:

Severe conditions here in Northern Ireland.  And going to keep an eye on this little one to come along after frank tomorrow.

All flights cancelled at international airport, flights diverted and the ones that have been able to land have had to sit on the tarmac some for up to 3 hours now as all airport operations have been suspended. 

Power cuts everywhere over 6000 properties now without power, 100s of trees down, landslides, flooding.  Police advising against all non essential travel. I can see why.

arpegeuk-11-20-0.png

Blimey!!!! I see it http://www.belfastlive.co.uk/news/storm-frank-weather-bomb-hits-10664632

Posted

Winds not that far away from touching severe gale 9 mean speeds here on the coast, gusts 60-65mph, rain been quite sporadic so far (good) !! But looks to be getting it's act together over Ireland so not out of the woods by any means. 

Gales are pretty widespread over Ireland and W & N UK with gusts 60-70mph and been a few towards 80mph, very stormy night may need to put ear plugs in!  

http://www.xcweather.co.uk/

Edited by *Sub*Zero*

Posted
1 minute ago, Fiona Robertson said:

I really need to get an anem.....ameno.......anenemom....... a wind speed gauge :fool:

Handy little things! Mine packed up tonight think it's the batteries so won't be recording wind speeds again tonight... Max mean speed was 44.6mph with a top gust while it was working of 66.3mph. 

• Like 1