Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Deleting a quote box

AWD

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c
31 minutes ago, Paul said:

Sorry yep, meant to say that we'd re-added yesterday.

What are you trying to do with the quote box, and what device are you on there?

I was trying to quote but nothing was happening but as you can see above now it is??? been like it for a week..and its on a laptop.

Posted

You can delete the quote box if it's in your post and you don't want it, by clicking the cross at the top left of the box, then hitting delete. That ought to reset it if you're having problems. 

Posted

back to square one again...I cant quote anything press on the quote button and nothing happens...have quoted my earlier post but as can be seen nothing appears?

Edited by cheeky_monkey

Posted

Microsoft Edge

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Proper Seasons,lots of frost and snow October to April, hot summers!

I have had the same issue. Given that there seem to be glitches associated with some software (i.e. deleting quotes on mobile phones, for instance) the best bet is to try and delete the whole posting and start again (and I have had problems trying to do that, too- only surefire way seems to be to click on edit and delete EVERYTHING on the posting by highlighting!). If even that does not work then post entry stating to the effect that everyone should ignore the previous post and PM the Site Manager to ask him to remove the said-post!

Posted

The removal of quotes has been solved now. If on desktop you simply need to click the cross top left of the quote box and then press delete or backspace on your keyboard. On mobile/tablet, we've added an undo button to the editor, clicking that before you start typing into the post will remove an unwanted quote box. 

undo-button.png

In terms of removing posts you've made in error etc, there's no need to contact the team to do it, you can click the hide post option under the post which will remove it from the thread.

• 4 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

I've got a quote box I can't get rid of when I post . First of all it was all threads but now it's only the uk politics thread . I have tried clicking on the box and deleting . Tried a post to get rid but it's still there . Help please ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive
6 minutes ago, Paul said:

See just above your post Mark, just hit the undo icon before posting anything in there and it should go. 

Thanks Paul , all sorted now . I did try that but it didn't work I came back an hour later tried the same thing and all was ok. Probably my phone and not the site . Thanks 

Edited by Mark wheeler