Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
claret047

Non-League Football- December 2015 onwards

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, HighPressure said:

Yes, good old Truro, play at Plymouth I think now? 

Last Season they ground shared at Torquay for several games & then returned back to Truro, Are they leaving their ground again for Plymouth this time to enable the development of their ground to commence?  Last I heard was the Cornish Stadium which will include rugby was still on hold but perhaps it has been given the Gov't funding it was awaiting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 red cards were given in yesterday's match between Yeovil and Bromley with all 8 going to the ball boys after one of them delayed giving the ball back to a Bromley player with 6-minutes of normal time left.

Yeovil won the match 3-1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Today marks the 10th anniversary of Non-League Day where fans of the clubs mainly on the international break an opportunity to go and support their local non-league side

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Today games between Stockport v Dagenham & Redbridge, AFC Fylde v Sutton and Barrow v Dover have been postponed following a serious incident on the railway at Milton Keynes Central this morning

Solihull Moors v Bromley will kick off slightly later at 15:15 following the same incident 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chelmsford City continue to under-perform losing 6-2 at home to Oxford City. A lot of discontent among supporters on team selection, formation, lack of pace & lack of imagination. Mid field was notable by its absence with it being bypassed most of the game by hoof ball by our defenders. Unsavory scenes at the end with Manager's son having to be restrained by 3 stewards wanting to have a go at our own supporters venting their spleen. 

Only upside of the day was meeting our @markNeal  with his fellow Oxford City supporters at the end of the game. 

Edited by claret047

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bury AFC will return next season in The North West Counties Football League which is the 10th tier of English football. FC Isle of Man will also join the same league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The National League have suspended all matches until at least April 3rd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 16/03/2020 at 17:57, Summer Sun said:

The National League have suspended all matches until at least April 3rd

Yes SS I was waiting for that to happen. As Safety Officer for Chelmsford City in the National South we have reasonable gates for a team in that division, especially when local rivals play us I could not see the wisdom in continuing in view of the Government guidance re mass gatherings. I was in a difficult situation personally as being over 70 I should be self isolating, although I am fit and well and would have been prepared to attend games if it was only myself to consider. My wife has a heart condition and in view of that I would have felt compelled to stay at home on match days as if I was responsible for anything happening to her because of me would have been too much for me to bear.

Our club was a few months ago taken over by Betsi, part owners of Chelmsford City racecourse, so as far as finances are concerned the Clarets are suffering a double hit as racing has been stopped and funding will be restricted.

I trust everyone reading this thread stays well.

Kind Regards

Dave

Edited by claret047

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, claret047 said:

Yes SS I was waiting for that to happen. As Safety Officer for Chelmsford City in the National South we have reasonable gates for a team in that division, especially when local rivals play us I could not see the wisdom in continuing in view of the Government guidance re mass gatherings. I was in a difficult situation personally as being over 70 I should be self isolating, although I am fit and well and would have been prepared to attend games if it was only myself to consider. My wife has a heart condition and in view of that I would have felt compelled to stay at home on match days as if I was responsible for anything happening to her because of me would have been too much for me to bear.

Our club was a few months ago taken over by Betsi, part owners of Chelmsford City racecourse, so as far as finances are concerned the Clarets are suffering a double hit as racing has been stopped and funding will be restricted.

I trust everyone reading this thread stays well.

Kind Regards

Dave

Hi Dave

Firstly and foremost stay safe.

I have no idea what is going to happen now, the season is not going to finish, clubs have been shut down which includes social revenue streams from the bars etc as well as match days. I believe my clubs financial obligations will be £10k-£20k per week  with nothing coming in, and very little in the bank, like most clubs mine runs pretty much hand to mouth. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, HighPressure said:

Hi Dave

Firstly and foremost stay safe.

I have no idea what is going to happen now, the season is not going to finish, clubs have been shut down which includes social revenue streams from the bars etc as well as match days. I believe my clubs financial obligations will be £10k-£20k per week  with nothing coming in, and very little in the bank, like most clubs mine runs pretty much hand to mouth. 

Hello Clive.

I trust you and your family are well. It is good to hear from you.
It is assumed that one of your most valuable funding streams, your pitch will no longer be hired out at this time.

If the season is extended to June we will be in a very difficult situation as Melbourne Park is primarily an Athletics Stadium during the summer and fully booked with school sports as well as local and regional competition and so finding slots to play will be very difficult.

Kind Regards

Dave

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, claret047 said:

Hello Clive.

I trust you and your family are well. It is good to hear from you.
It is assumed that one of your most valuable funding streams, your pitch will no longer be hired out at this time.

If the season is extended to June we will be in a very difficult situation as Melbourne Park is primarily an Athletics Stadium during the summer and fully booked with school sports as well as local and regional competition and so finding slots to play will be very difficult.

Kind Regards

Dave

 

Hi Dave

Well I have not got it yet although I want that testing kit because I had something close at Christmas and would love to know, and it would mean I could help others more comfortably?

Yes you are right our pitch is basically out of use, I hear now  we are more likely to finish the season at some point rather than it being a write off. As for Chelmo, these are unprecedented times, so the football and athletics will have to share won't they ?

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Northern League appear to have called it a day for the season.

No word yet on what's happening with regard to the table.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The rumours are the National league are going to call it a day too. The question is will they or can void the season due to the knock on effect to the EFL?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

National League clubs have voted in favour of ending the 2019/20 at its current point and cancelling all remaining fixtures. Ninety per cent of the National League clubs supported a motion in favour of bringing an end to the leagues

skysports-national-league-vanarama-natio
WWW.SKYSPORTS.COM

National League clubs have voted in favour of ending the 2019/20 at its current point and cancelling all remaining fixtures.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Summer Sun said:

National League clubs have voted in favour of ending the 2019/20 at its current point and cancelling all remaining fixtures. Ninety per cent of the National League clubs supported a motion in favour of bringing an end to the leagues

skysports-national-league-vanarama-natio
WWW.SKYSPORTS.COM

National League clubs have voted in favour of ending the 2019/20 at its current point and cancelling all remaining fixtures.

 

no surprise as 90% of clubs are not in a promotion spot those who are in relegation spot will be happy to see the season end the rest i guess it does not matter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/04/2020 at 15:19, cheeky_monkey said:

no surprise as 90% of clubs are not in a promotion spot those who are in relegation spot will be happy to see the season end the rest i guess it does not matter

TBH its a heck of a lot more complex than that, my club is sitting mid table so ending the season won't effect my club, but continuing will. For starters we like many clubs at our level have a lot of player contracts that expire at the end of April, we players and staff furloughed the clubs cannot extend or negotiate new ones.

We can't go straight back into playing as the players will not be fully fit, so the wages would need to be covered, and then we have the small matter of no crowds. As I am involved with media at my club, I know that we could technically beam the match live to a paying audience, but then we walk into contractual problems with BT, The National League and the FA.

Football in the premiership may get away with it, but for EFL and below its a total mess, some clubs have released all their players, we have had 53k advance on next seasons payment from the Prem League, 25k grant from the government and the players are on furlough. We are basically skint, and my club is well run, others with bigger budgets or who have stretchered themselves will not make it through this.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 29/04/2020 at 23:59, HighPressure said:

TBH its a heck of a lot more complex than that, my club is sitting mid table so ending the season won't effect my club, but continuing will. For starters we like many clubs at our level have a lot of player contracts that expire at the end of April, we players and staff furloughed the clubs cannot extend or negotiate new ones.

We can't go straight back into playing as the players will not be fully fit, so the wages would need to be covered, and then we have the small matter of no crowds. As I am involved with media at my club, I know that we could technically beam the match live to a paying audience, but then we walk into contractual problems with BT, The National League and the FA.

Football in the premiership may get away with it, but for EFL and below its a total mess, some clubs have released all their players, we have had 53k advance on next seasons payment from the Prem League, 25k grant from the government and the players are on furlough. We are basically skint, and my club is well run, others with bigger budgets or who have stretchered themselves will not make it through this.  

Hello Clive,

I agree with all you say. As far as CCFC we await to hear what is agreed following the clubs' votes from National League + 4 from NLS &NLN. We hope it doesn't go ahead as it will cause too many problems if games restart say mid June. As we groundshare Melbourne Park with Chelmsford City Council in the summer the Council enjoys priority over football as it hosts not only schools' sports days but prestigious athletics meetings, one for Chelmsford & District and another the East of England. Trying to fit in between these would cause a lot of logistical problems as games will have to be accommodated over a short period and we have to install fencing sat both ends of the ground to allow access to the stands behind both goals as well as fencing and carpetting onto the pitch for players and officials. Finding alternative venues could also be challenging and expensive to find grounds of NLS standard.

Stay well.

Kind Regards

Dave

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, claret047 said:

Hello Clive,

I agree with all you say. As far as CCFC we await to hear what is agreed following the clubs' votes from National League + 4 from NLS &NLN. We hope it doesn't go ahead as it will cause too many problems if games restart say mid June. As we groundshare Melbourne Park with Chelmsford City Council in the summer the Council enjoys priority over football as it hosts not only schools' sports days but prestigious athletics meetings, one for Chelmsford & District and another the East of England. Trying to fit in between these would cause a lot of logistical problems as games will have to be accommodated over a short period and we have to install fencing sat both ends of the ground to allow access to the stands behind both goals as well as fencing and carpetting onto the pitch for players and officials. Finding alternative venues could also be challenging and expensive to find grounds of NLS standard.

Stay well.

Kind Regards

Dave

You must be the only club that has to build their ground each week ?

Its not going ahead, although we could have easily just finished the season when we did restart then have a break and run into the new one. We could have dumped the county cups and FA Trophy and probably have just about managed it by next summer.

Sutton United were on London tonight moaning about the situation, which roughly translates to we are skint ?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In today's Express there is an article on Frank Soo the first player of Chinese ethnicity to have played for England.

Please see the link below.

1279869.jpg
WWW.EXPRESS.CO.UK

TODAY'S Google Doodle features images related to football. But who is the English footballer Frank Soo?

He is a hero at Chelmsford City playing for us when we were one of the top non league clubs in the country.  Reference in the article is also made to Arthur Rowe his manager who later left Chelmsford City to manage Tottenham Hotspur who who became the first team under his leadership to win the top flight league in England on two consecutive seasons.

Sadly such days for us are a distant memory which I fear will never be repeated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Macclesfield Town Football Club has been wound up in the High Court over debts totalling more than £500,000.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/09/2020 at 09:53, Xanderp009 said:

As a maidstone united fan i really wished the season had carried on 

Hello Maidstone fan, Sutton fan here, I am not sure any of us are going to carry on let alone this season?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, HighPressure said:

Hello Maidstone fan, Sutton fan here, I am not sure any of us are going to carry on let alone this season?

Hello Clive I trust you are well

it's good to see that other Non League supporters are now using this thread. As Safety Officer & Covic Officer I have been very involved in preparing policies and implementing them. We have successfully hosted 2 FA Youth Cup games with spectators present (just short of 250). We have also hosted a pre-season friendly at home against Cambridge City without fans. Early last week I contacted the Operations Manager of the National League as we wished to have a match on Saturday featuring two teams comprising players from the City squad with spectators present. I was, however given an emphatic "no" as the players, and not just the teams are regarded as elite. We therefore played behind closed doors. The whole logic of the situation until now totally eludes me. The same supporters could watch our youth team at home but not the first team, they could also watch the first team away from home against teams from lower leagues.

In spite of all the hard work of non league clubs it now appears it was for nothing. yesterday's Non League News e letter had the following link:

https://nonleaguedaily.com/return-of-fans-in-october-on-hold/?mc_cid=8f73f1e0ca&mc_eid=e3fa9eb6ee#utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=return-of-fans-in-october-on-hold

Kind Regards

Dave

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • A nip in the air once the rain clears with strong winds in the next few days

    A cold front is bringing rain over England and Wales this morning with a coolness behind it. The risk of frost appears with gales for the SW on Thursday and a chilly north wind for all by Friday. Read the full update here

    Netweather forecasts
    Netweather forecasts
    Latest weather updates from Netweather

    Hurricane Teddy and eastern Canada

    Hurricane Teddy is forecast to transition before it makes landfall over Nova Scotia midweek then impacting Newfoundland but there is already wet and windy weather reaching eastern Canada Read more here

    Jo Farrow
    Jo Farrow
    Latest weather updates from Netweather
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...