Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Sign in to follow this  
claret047

Non-League Football- December 2015 onwards

At last we have won away at Oxford City. Coming from a goal down on Saturday we managed to win 3-1 on a very cold afternoon. Tonight we have the short journey to Canvey island where we play Concorde Rangers, a bleak cold ground next to a gas processing plant, which can be a bit pungent at times.

Next Saturday we will entertain Eastbourne Borough in the National League South. This will be our first league home game for 6 weeks as were knocked out of the FA cup at the first time of asking and our league opponents have been engaged in cup duty when due to play us at Melbourne Park.

Kind Regards

Dave

The Football Association wrote to a number of non-league clubs warning of relegation if they do not make their dressing rooms larger

Current rules state rooms need to be at least 12 square metres in the seventh and eighth tiers, but this will increase to 18 square metres by March 2019. No ifs. No buts.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46061226

On 23/01/2019 at 11:39, Summer Sun said:

Neville may have to get out as he is now into Oldham Ath. It will all go tits up in the end!  

On 06/02/2019 at 23:47, HighPressure said:

Neville may have to get out as he is now into Oldham Ath. It will all go tits up in the end!  

Paul Scholes taking over at Oldham in the next 24hrs by the sounds of it. Wonder if he'll keep his share in Salford.

Edited by Summer Sun

Our winning run continued yesterday with a 1-0 victory at home over lowly East Thurrock United. We remain 3rd in the Vanarama National south Division. That is 10 in the victories in the last 11 matches. With Torquay losing the game is closed to 4 points although they and Woking have games in hand. We still have to play both again this season (we drew with Torquay at home & Woking away) as well as Welling, but Torquay & Woking have to meet again. On paper we have a much easier run in than Torquay but we have a habit of struggling against teams in the lower reaches of the league table.

Yesterday City supporters were keenly watching Newport County play Manchester City as one of our players from 2 seasons back  (Robbie Wilmott)has shown how good he is against higher league opposition. We are proud that we gave him the chance to progress his career with a league club. When he was with us his talent to create goals as well as score them was apparent and he was voted Supporter's player if the year, Managers Player of the Year and Away Supporters' player of the year. Sadly it was not to be yesterday but full credit to Manchester City for being gracious in victory as well as having the respect to field a very strong team.

Kind Regards

Dave 

Edited by claret047

2 hours ago, claret047 said:

Our winning run continued yesterday with a 1-0 victory at home over lowly East Thurrock United. We remain 3rd in the Vanarama National south Division. That is 10 in the victories in the last 11 matches. With Torquay losing the game is closed to 4 points although they and Woking have games in hand. We still have to play both again this season (we drew with Torquay at home & Woking away) as well as Welling, but Torquay & Woking have to meet again. On paper we have a much easier run in than Torquay but we have a habit of struggling against teams in the lower reaches of the league table.

Yesterday City supporters were keenly watching Newport County play Manchester City as one of our players from 2 seasons back  (Robbie Wilmott)has shown how good he is against higher league opposition. We are proud that we gave him the chance to progress his career with a league club. When he was with us his talent to create goals as well as score them was apparent and he was voted Supporter's player if the year, Managers Player of the Year and Away Supporters' player of the year. Sadly it was not to be yesterday but full credit to Manchester City for being gracious in victory as well as having the respect to field a very strong team.

Kind Regards

Dave 

Looks like a good battle developing in the south league to get into the national Torquays shock defeat has opened things up

Woking look best placed at present with 1 game in hand on Torquay

Think it'll go down to the wire

1 minute ago, Wiltshire_snow_lover said:

7k tax bill apparently such a big gap in football these days

At least £100million for just one season in the PL yet in the low leagues some are struggling to pay bills

Salford absolutely cruising to the football league 

On 11/05/2019 at 16:36, Summer Sun said:

Salford absolutely cruising to the football league 

Really interesting the 2 posts above, North Ferriby and Salford could not be more contrasting. We really need proper fair play rules in Non League, how can anyone compete when a side can spend £500k on a striker? That's like my teams entire budget for the same league.

Have met both sets of the above teams over the past few season's, I can say that the folk at North Ferriby were worth 10 of the arrogant self opinionated lot from Salford.      

North Ferriby United have reformed as North Ferriby FC they currently don't know what league they'll be playing in next season but they'll be back which can only be a good thing

10 hours ago, HighPressure said:

Really interesting the 2 posts above, North Ferriby and Salford could not be more contrasting. We really need proper fair play rules in Non League, how can anyone compete when a side can spend £500k on a striker? That's like my teams entire budget for the same league.

Have met both sets of the above teams over the past few season's, I can say that the folk at North Ferriby were worth 10 of the arrogant self opinionated lot from Salford.      

Agreed. Salford are an obnoxious club; the plaything of millionaires attempting to create some kind of contrived 'fairytale'. Mystifyingly, the project is more or less sponsored by the BBC with documentaries and televised FA Cup ties. 

On 17/05/2019 at 10:03, Yarmy said:

Agreed. Salford are an obnoxious club; the plaything of millionaires attempting to create some kind of contrived 'fairytale'. Mystifyingly, the project is more or less sponsored by the BBC with documentaries and televised FA Cup ties. 

If you have met them you will have 1st hand experience, I understand their commentary crew smashed up their equipment when they lost their last league match. They rolled into our place like Madonna on tour, I am surprised they didn't bring their own toilet seats...      

39 minutes ago, HighPressure said:

If you have met them you will have 1st hand experience, I understand their commentary crew smashed up their equipment when they lost their last league match. They rolled into our place like Madonna on tour, I am surprised they didn't bring their own toilet seats...      

Salford seem to be hated all over I know when darlo played them you'd think it was a derby always a sell out and desperate to beat them the celebrations were wild when they failed to go up one season and darlo did.

Thought the tables turned since are darlo languish down the bottom end of the northern league after a dreadful season

16 hours ago, HighPressure said:

Hello Clive,

I trust you are well. You did very well again this season. How do you reckon next season will go for you now that Dos has left? You were very lucky to have such a brilliant manager, For us it was the same old, same old, making the playoffs & failing yet again at the first hurdle. This time it was in the 4th minute of 3 added minutes when we managed to give away a penalty having pulled the game back after being two nil down. Our takeover by Betsi has finally happened. At one time it was a close run thing as to which would happen first Brexit or our takeover. We have had a wholesale clearout including Rhys Murphy who wants to play in a higher league. To date we are without a goalkeeper, no strikers and only 1 central defender.

We have never played Salford and so are unable to comment on them, but we played Torquay and they were fine. They were most welcoming at their place and gave us free pastie and chips. It was just unfortunate it was a rearranged match after the original had been postponed through a waterlogged pitch only for my visit their to suffer the same fate, but this time less than an hour before kick off. We left Chelmsford at midday, got to the ground at ten past six and were told the game was off at just before seven. We got back to Melbourne Park at one in the morning. I was unable to make the next time as I had prior commitments.

Braintree have returned to our league. At one time it was thought they may go into the North division. I see that their manager decided to leave yesterday. When he took over for the last 6 games although relegated they were 2nd in the form table. Surprised to see him go,

Kind Regards

Dave

7 hours ago, claret047 said:

Hello Clive,

I trust you are well. You did very well again this season. How do you reckon next season will go for you now that Dos has left? You were very lucky to have such a brilliant manager, For us it was the same old, same old, making the playoffs & failing yet again at the first hurdle. This time it was in the 4th minute of 3 added minutes when we managed to give away a penalty having pulled the game back after being two nil down. Our takeover by Betsi has finally happened. At one time it was a close run thing as to which would happen first Brexit or our takeover. We have had a wholesale clearout including Rhys Murphy who wants to play in a higher league. To date we are without a goalkeeper, no strikers and only 1 central defender.

We have never played Salford and so are unable to comment on them, but we played Torquay and they were fine. They were most welcoming at their place and gave us free pastie and chips. It was just unfortunate it was a rearranged match after the original had been postponed through a waterlogged pitch only for my visit their to suffer the same fate, but this time less than an hour before kick off. We left Chelmsford at midday, got to the ground at ten past six and were told the game was off at just before seven. We got back to Melbourne Park at one in the morning. I was unable to make the next time as I had prior commitments.

Braintree have returned to our league. At one time it was thought they may go into the North division. I see that their manager decided to leave yesterday. When he took over for the last 6 games although relegated they were 2nd in the form table. Surprised to see him go,

Kind Regards

Dave

Yes Dave, I saw you failed in your bid for promotion, but in truth Torquay and Woking was probably right in the end. As for us we never won a single playoff match under Dos, so can't give you any advice there 😞

Life without Dos after 11 years is going to be difficult, not only because he was/is a friend, but as you say he is a brilliant manager, he can get 500miles out of petrol fumes. Whether our new guy recommended by Dos will be able to keep us in the National remains to be seen. In truth I just don't know what next season holds for us.

Really tempted to go with Dos and work with him at Havant, This new guy we have even wants paying to do the job, so thats 50k off the budget straight away. 😞         

8 hours ago, HighPressure said:

Yes Dave, I saw you failed in your bid for promotion, but in truth Torquay and Woking was probably right in the end. As for us we never won a single playoff match under Dos, so can't give you any advice there 😞

Life without Dos after 11 years is going to be difficult, not only because he was/is a friend, but as you say he is a brilliant manager, he can get 500miles out of petrol fumes. Whether our new guy recommended by Dos will be able to keep us in the National remains to be seen. In truth I just don't know what next season holds for us.

Really tempted to go with Dos and work with him at Havant, This new guy we have even wants paying to do the job, so thats 50k off the budget straight away. 😞         

Hello Clive.

Thanks for your reply. I did not realise that Dos had moved to take over at H & W. I thought he was leaving because of his expanding business interests. I will be able to catch up with him on my visit to H & W. On the plus side at least you do have a reliable income source with renting out your pitch.

Kind Regards

Dave

On 21/05/2019 at 08:37, claret047 said:

Hello Clive.

Thanks for your reply. I did not realise that Dos had moved to take over at H & W. I thought he was leaving because of his expanding business interests. I will be able to catch up with him on my visit to H & W. On the plus side at least you do have a reliable income source with renting out your pitch.

Kind Regards

Dave

That is long story, officially he lives a few minutes from the ground so its a lot less travelling, and he is football junky so I guess it was no brainer for him. Unofficially there may have been more to it, who knows?  

That means a reprieve for Aldershot Town, jammy buggers... 

22 hours ago, HighPressure said:

That means a reprieve for Aldershot Town, jammy buggers... 

At least we will not have to have to encounter their fans.It also probably means a reprieve for Truro. We thought we had avoided a 333 mile round trip this season but perhaps not after all. Truro have lost their "local" derby with WSM if they don't go down and their nearest opponents will then be Weymouth

1 hour ago, claret047 said:

At least we will not have to have to encounter their fans.It also probably means a reprieve for Truro. We thought we had avoided a 333 mile round trip this season but perhaps not after all. Truro have lost their "local" derby with WSM if they don't go down and their nearest opponents will then be Weymouth

Yes, good old Truro, play at Plymouth I think now? 

Posted (edited)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48398640

Gateshead have been suspended from the National League and refused a licence for next season.

The fifth-tier club have breached the league's rules on financial reporting and permitted loans, as well as defaulting on football creditors.

At a disciplinary hearing The Heed were found guilty of failing to obtain security of tenure over their ground.

The club have also been fined £3,500 and docked nine points from this season meaning they drop from ninth to 17th.

It is not yet clear how the league will be re-organised, although Gateshead can appeal to the Football Association over the suspension.

If the club appeal and are unsuccessful, they face the prospect of a drop of at least two divisions, with the sanction also applying to the National League North - the tier below.

Edited by Wiltshire_snow_lover