Sign in to follow this  
Barry12

Do you believe in God?

Perhaps we should send an email...

http://www.contactgod.com/

or

http://stewd.io/emailgod/

I'm always particularly impressed by the number of "good works" done around the world in the name of God.....Holy wars for example are very much in vogue at the moment

..... and that he never needs to intervene, for example to help alleviate the suffering of the 20,000+ children who die of disease every day.

I've got a thing or two I'd like to say to him.........(Is it just me....or has anyone else got thunder and lightning of biblical proportions at the moment??)

post-1808-0-70888800-1445278698_thumb.jp

Zeus of course :laugh:

My uncle once had a pet Capuchin named Zeus... I hope a real Zeus can do more than peal bananas and p**s on himself!

Seriously though, I was raised catholic, then branched out into spiritualism a bit as a teen but later realised religion is all a bit sad and silly. Suppose I'm a humanist or something like that now.

• Like 2

It would be lovely to think that a being is looking out for me and guides my path, but I just don't believe it.

Far too much suffering in the world for there to be a God, not to mention a God cannot be all loving, all powerful and ever present with such horrors in the world.

I am an atheist, but I'd love to be proved wrong. I guess if anything, I believe in Mother Nature.

No. And even if a God does exist, he/she's a nasty, vindictive, spiteful piece of work.

most major deities have a mean streak ....

That's why I don't Walk Like an Egyptian, then?

what no sand dance :0...

I used to be a firm believer when I was younger right up into my last teens but my skeptical mind diverted me from the path of the righteous  :D

Saying that I do believe in a lot of the Morales and ethics that were taught in the christian faith.

Only time I still pray is when we have a marginal snow event and I am awaiting the 12z updates!   :rofl:  :hi:

• Like 1

No. And even if a God does exist, he/she's a nasty, vindictive, spiteful piece of work.

Not to mention evilly narcissistic.The Bible God often asked people to sacrifice their own children for him!

he should fit in nicely in the political threads....lol

• Like 5

A couple of quotes from..............................well you know where

“The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully.â€

And

“There is something infantile in the presumption that somebody else has a responsibility to give your life meaning and point… The truly adult view, by contrast, is that our life is as meaningful, as full and as wonderful as we choose to make it.â€

So you know where I'm coming from.

• Like 1

<Gets out popcorn>

#agnostic

I'll decide when the debate is over 

he should fit in nicely in the political threads....lol

Maybe he's amongst us...

A couple of quotes from..............................well you know where

“The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully.â€

And

“There is something infantile in the presumption that somebody else has a responsibility to give your life meaning and point… The truly adult view, by contrast, is that our life is as meaningful, as full and as wonderful as we choose to make it.â€

So you know where I'm coming from.

definitely UKIP's messiah! lol

• Like 2

I just cannot get my head around us simply not existing once we are dead. Maybe that's an afterlife issue and not a God one though.

definitely UKIP's messiah! lol

Yes a libertarian control freak, that's a new one.

• Like 1

Perhaps we should send an email...

..... and that he never needs to intervene, for example to help alleviate the suffering of the 20,000+ children who die of disease every day.

He could say I let 100,000 more live every day who would have died from disease etc 100 years ago

I just cannot get my head around us simply not existing once we are dead. Maybe that's an afterlife issue and not a God one though.

Yes a libertarian control freak, that's a new one.

We never existed before we were born!

• Like 2

do as much raging against the dying of the light as you want ,when you're dead you're dead ,:(....

• Like 1