Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Love Snow

London Tube Stabbing Attack

1 hour ago, Love Snow said:

Awful 

Knifeman screaming 'this is for Syria' slashes man's throat at busy London Tube station https://t.co/70f5chgyhn

And so it begins; a lone wolf attach or has the 'order' been given?

He's very lucky to be alive.

'The Metropolitan Police are treating the attack as a "terrorist incident".'

Unfortunately this type of thing will become the norm. The assailant was lucky the armed response unit did not turn up first. On some of the video I have seen, some people still get through the barrier to go and catch their train! Londoners just take a deep breath and carry on, that's the Dunkirk spirit for you. 

Hardly makes the news which is alarming in it's own right.  Could have been a lot worse and indicates that we need an increase in police numbers as this threat increases.

1 hour ago, The PIT said:

Hardly makes the news which is alarming in it's own right.  Could have been a lot worse and indicates that we need an increase in police numbers as this threat increases.

Government logic: Take action that will increase the threat of terrorism while reducing the number of police. 

39 minutes ago, Nick L said:

Government logic: Take action that will increase the threat of terrorism while reducing the number of police. 

Nick's logic sympathize with the terrorist by blaming the government for his actions 

3 minutes ago, lfcdude said:

Nick's logic sympathize with the terrorist by blaming the government for his actions 

No need for that is there?

I never once said that the government is to blame for what he did. Don't put words into my mouth. 

4 minutes ago, Nick L said:

No need for that is there?

But thats what you just did 

Just now, lfcdude said:

But thats what you just did 

No I didn't. If you're unable to have an adult discussion then fine, but don't insult me by putting words into my mouth.

It is not the government's fault DIRECTLY for what this idiot has done, no. But terrorist incidents are likely to increase as a result of the action taken in Syria, that's a given.

2 minutes ago, Nick L said:

No I didn't. If you're unable to have an adult discussion then fine, but don't insult me by putting words into my mouth.

It is not the government's fault DIRECTLY for what this idiot has done, no. But terrorist incidents are likely to increase as a result of the action taken in Syria, that's a given.

I.e the poor thing he attacked us because were now bombing Syria.... Well he did not attack us because we have been bombing Iraq... Syria was just a excuse and he would of attacked people anyways 

The blame should be on this man for his actions and support for their barbaric ideology  not the government who is trying to cleanse the world of these brutes 

Just now, lfcdude said:

I.e the poor thing he attacked us because were now bombing Syria.... Well he did not attack us because we have been bombing Iraq... Syria was just a excuse and he would of attacked people anyways 

The blame should be on this man for his actions and support for their barbaric ideology  not the government who is trying to cleanse the world of these brutes 

It's utterly pointless trying to explain to you so I'm just not going to bother. You know full well what I mean.

Were we in the cross hairs before last weeks vote, yes! Are we more so now, yes! The very fact he shouted out about Syria makes Nick's point I think.  I don't think Nick's comment was blaming last weeks vote in total for last nights incident. 

Just now, Duckitsasnowball said:

Were we in the cross hairs before last weeks vote, yes! Are we more so now, yes! The very fact he shouted out about Syria makes Nick's point I think.  I don't think Nick's comment was blaming last weeks vote in total for last nights incident. 

Thank you, this is of course what I meant.

Nutters like the guy in question will be influenced by the action taken, I'm not saying it's right, of course it's not. Individuals are to blame for their actions and he should rightly spend a lengthy time in prison, but would this have happened if we had not taken action in Syria? Perhaps not, but who knows.

People realise calling someone a 'terrorist sympathiser' will not bring them round to your cause, but instead have the opposite effect?

I'm surprised e.g. Dave doesn't understand this. In fact it's rather worrying he's PM yet doesn't get such simple things. 'Educated far beyond his ability' is apt.

It seems to be a growing phenomenon in British politics; insult / denigrate large sections of the electorate in an attempt to get them to support your view. A novel approach certainly!

Happens in Scotland a lot with pro-union parties, e.g. 'If you support independence you are deluded / brainwashed fool - vote for the UK!'. Right, ok...

The terrorist sympathiser thing is just a variant.

I wonder the same approach will be used e.g. for doorstep canvassing. 'Hello Mr Smith, I'm here from your local conservative party - I'm wondering what you are thinking of voting? What, so you are unsure about the sense of rushing to bomb Syria? You terrorist Sympathising scum! So, can we rely on your vote in the election?'

2 minutes ago, scottish skier said:

People realise calling someone a 'terrorist sympathiser' will not bring them round to your cause, but instead have the opposite effect?

I'm surprised e.g. Dave doesn't understand this. In fact it's rather worrying he's PM yet doesn't get such simple things. 'Educated far beyond his ability' is apt.

It seems to be a growing phenomenon in British politics; insult / denigrate large sections of the electorate in an attempt to get them to support your view. A novel approach certainly!

Happens in Scotland a lot with pro-union parties, e.g. 'If you support independence you are deluded / brainwashed fool - vote for the UK!'. Right, ok...

The terrorist sympathiser thing is just a variant.

I wonder the same approach will be used e.g. for doorstep canvassing. 'Hello Mr Smith, I'm here from your local conservative party - I'm wondering what you are thinking of voting? What, so you are unsure about the sense of rushing to bomb Syria? You terrorist Sympathising scum! So, can we rely on your vote in the election?'

It reminds me of the Spitting Image sketch where John Major and co. go canvassing...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1l1XGiXgo0

11 minutes ago, Nick L said:

Thank you, this is of course what I meant.

Nutters like the guy in question will be influenced by the action taken, I'm not saying it's right, of course it's not. Individuals are to blame for their actions and he should rightly spend a lengthy time in prison, but would this have happened if we had not taken action in Syria? Perhaps not, but who knows.

Britain has become too focused on not taking action because it may offend or disturb certain sections of the community. IMO it is this which has allowed the problem to escalate. I cannot think of many countries that would allow people to openly preach religious hate in their midst; it is this that allows the lone wolf to fester their grievance.

1 hour ago, Nick L said:

Then again, in the great scheme of things, there have been umpteen knife-attacks in London during the past year, that barely got a mention...

Aye, our government seems hell-bent on putting its own willy-waving ahead of the safety of ordinary people...Oh dear, I don't toe Cameron's line, I must also be a 'terrorist sympathizer'!:wallbash:

33 minutes ago, Gael_Force said:

Britain has become too focused on not taking action because it may offend or disturb certain sections of the community. IMO it is this which has allowed the problem to escalate. I cannot think of many countries that would allow people to openly preach religious hate in their midst; it is this that allows the lone wolf to fester their grievance.

Which, considering what's happened in France, Belgium and the US, seems a rather silly thing to say?

37 minutes ago, Gael_Force said:

I know, some of the vile things preached by far right hate groups are pretty disturbing.

4 minutes ago, Nick L said:

I know, some of the vile things preached by far right hate groups are pretty disturbing.

Aye, calling folks that question government actions 'terrorist sympathisers' is something that needs to be nipped in the bud quickly before it escalates.

It's the sort of thing that you get in tin pot dictatorships. 

3 hours ago, The PIT said:

The reason it isn't is because the floods in Cumbria are affecting more people.