Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Atlantic Storm #4 Desmond

Summer Sun

It really doesn't seem like the media are picking up on the seriousness of the situation - 12 hours of very heavy rain still to come when flood defenses are already close to failing. Let's hope the people of cumbria are heeding the advice of the Met Office.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

@VirginTrains

Due to flooding between Carlisle and Preston, there will be no further services between these stations for the rest of the day

Anyone heading to London from Scotland will have to travel via Carlisle and Newcastle

Edited by Summer Sun

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)
7 minutes ago, Sainsbo said:

It really doesn't seem like the media are picking up on the seriousness of the situation - 12 hours of very heavy rain still to come when flood defenses are already close to failing.

Let's hope the people of cumbria are heeding the advice of the Met Office.

Not all are, people are driving into flood water and getting stuck then calling the emergency services who are already stretched to the limit! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Floods...

Wow... Been in the Lake District (Kendal, barrow, Workington and up to Carslie along the cost) with work 3 days a week for the past month and seen the area getting more And more saturated in this time.  Was in the riverside hotel tuesday in Kendal and can't belive how much the river level has changed since then. Not sure how long this will take to go down stream and clear through but can see my 10am meeting Monday in Kendal not happening. 

Hopefully everyone in the Lake District/Cumbria stays safe as I can say from my experience of the last couple of months they are some of the most freindly and helpful folks I have come across.  

Unreal pictures I have seen on here in places I have been resonabley recently... Makes the flooding we had in shrewsbury this week tame by comparison! 

• Like 4

Posted

just been looking at  my rain alarm  over  keswick the rain seems  to geting worse its now going to the highest colour it can go  quite amashing watching changing   in the time frame

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thundery summers, very snowy winters! Huge Atlantic Storms!

This is shaping up to be one of the worst floods for a while I would say, bar that horrendous winter of 2013/2014

Posted

Meanwhile, just 50miles away in Manchester it's been mostly dry all morning. Overcast and very windy, but only a few drops blowing about in the wind.

Posted

BBC now going for an unbelievable localised foot of rain in some places in Cumbria in the next 24 hours. Red warning out, I am sorry to hear about flooding that is only going to get worse

Posted

A66 between Workington and Cockremouth, exceptional.

flood19.thumb.PNG.83ddf564004e7b9bf2bc2a

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: storms - of the severe kind

Red Warnings from the Met Office don't happen often

Very serious situation

Here in the south-west, it's still dry, but windy

Posted

Reports of power cuts and trees down from the wind now on top of the flooding misery, thanks disastrous Desmond! 

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

No rain here by 0.2mm early doors gusty winds still though.

Posted

We've had some gusts of wind here and a lot of rain but none of the chaos that seems to be happening elsewhere

Posted

BBC just said the record for 24hr accumulated rainfall could be challenged. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, high winds, thunder, snow

Been windy here all day, gusting into the 40's I'd say but absolutely no rain whatsoever so far, the sky is very dark grey though, a gloomy day to say the least so perhaps we'll get a little rain later but I hope to stay dry for my trip into London later.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thundery summers, very snowy winters! Huge Atlantic Storms!

Wind getting stronger and stronger, well in to the 60mph range. My sister stays in Drumchapel (an area around Glasgow for those who don't know) and is reporting cars floating up and down the street! Thank god she stays in a flat!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes n snow
3 minutes ago, tinybill said:

https://www.facebook.com/CumbriaCrack/?fref=ts

not looking  good  in cumbria

river Kent at full speed...