• Chris Froome
    • Tyson Fury
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Andy Murray
    • Adam Peaty
    • Greg Rutherford
    • Kevin Sinfield
    • Max Whitlock

Who do you think should be awarded the title this year?

One surprise for me, no English cricketers nominated this year in an Ashes winning year. Where's Joe Root, he was player of the series and he's had a cracking 2015? Bell was on the shortlist in 2013 in that series win.

Tyson Fury will definitely win it, but I want Andy Murray to, he deserves to, winning Davis cup, he got us into the world group and now champions

was trying to edit this damn thing earlier,

Edited by I remember Atlantic 252

True WH, but not sure he'll win it, maybe if it was 0lympics, they waited for the Fury fight, normally aren't nominations out earlier?

No Joe Root? No cricketers at all despite the ashes win in summer despite talks of a whitewash.. 

• Like 2

this is because the BBC no longer hold the TV rights to many main stream sports hence the nominees are becoming more obscure each year.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mark N said:

No Joe Root? No cricketers at all despite the ashes win in summer despite talks of a whitewash.. 

Surprised no Joe Root, Root is probably the most popular English cricketer playing, The fact the crowd shout "ROOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTT!" shows his popularity and character. 

Just now, Weather-history said:

Surprised no Joe Root, Root is probably the most popular English cricketer playing, The fact the crowd shout "ROOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTT!" shows his popularity and character. 

na na na na na . Joe root.... Nah... nah na na na na.. Joe rooooot.

On 1 December 2015 at 8:31 AM, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

Tyson Fury will definitely win it, but I want Andy Murray to, he deserves to, winning Davis cup, he got us into the world group and now champions

was trying to edit this damn thing earlier,

I hope not, he made be good in what he does but as a role model forget it...

1 hour ago, Weather-history said:

I hope not, he made be good in what he does but as a role model forget it...

Rather depends on the rules of the competition which I admit I don't know. If it's based on sporting achievement then obviously he is a valid contender but if it includes broader issues his mysogynistic and homophobic views should exclude him

• Like 1

I think people actually miss the point ...... its called "BBC SPORTS PERSONALITY " How many people nominated have actual personalities that are seen on the BBC on a regular basis????

Andy Murray shouldn't win it because he won us the David cup he didnt!!!! The British public forget those other poor players who have slogged out results as well. If anything the David Cup Team will win Team of The year!!

They should bring it back to the old ways where the personalities in their disciplines do a challenge...who remembers Frank Bruno's penalty and things like that? Its all become far to PC, again going back a few years when Britain had a triple World Champion in Bob Nudd (Fisherman) and he did not get in the top 10 and tbh I don't think he was even mentioned all because he didn't fit into the correct BBC criteria!!!

Times have changed and if anything all the channels that show sports should get together and have one big show as unfortunately the BBC Sports personality has become so dated!!!! 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Flash Elvis said:

I think people actually miss the point ...... its called "BBC SPORTS PERSONALITY " How many people nominated have actual personalities that are seen on the BBC on a regular basis????

Andy Murray shouldn't win it because he won us the David cup he didnt!!!! The British public forget those other poor players who have slogged out results as well. If anything the David Cup Team will win Team of The year!!

They should bring it back to the old ways where the personalities in their disciplines do a challenge...who remembers Frank Bruno's penalty and things like that? Its all become far to PC, again going back a few years when Britain had a triple World Champion in Bob Nudd (Fisherman) and he did not get in the top 10 and tbh I don't think he was even mentioned all because he didn't fit into the correct BBC criteria!!!

Times have changed and if anything all the channels that show sports should get together and have one big show as unfortunately the BBC Sports personality has become so dated!!!! 

Andy Murray won 11 ties the Davis Cup this year, of the 11 matches he played, Britain in total won 12 ties.

13 hours ago, J10 said:

Andy Murray won 11 ties the Davis Cup this year, of the 11 matches he played, Britain in total won 12 ties.

Yep agreed he did win, but 3 of those were with his brother!!!!

Its like saying every premier league striker who is the top scorer for their team wins all the matches.......... Its a team event.

11 hours ago, Flash Elvis said:

Yep agreed he did win, but 3 of those were with his brother!!!!

Its like saying every premier league striker who is the top scorer for their team wins all the matches.......... Its a team event.

First point, I think everyone knew that!!!!!!!!

I still totally maintain that he pretty much single handedly won the Davis Cup for the UK

As for the football analogy there are 11 players in a football team for a start,.

4 minutes ago, J10 said:

First point, I think everyone knew that!!!!!!!!

I still totally maintain that he pretty much single handedly won the Davis Cup for the UK

As for the football analogy there are 11 players in a football team for a start,.

Unless you're Wales, then it's just Bale :wink:

On ‎09‎/‎12‎/‎2015 at 8:01 PM, Nick L said:

Unless you're Wales, then it's just Bale :wink:

and why wasn't Bale nominated??..oh yes because he plays football and sky sports and BT/ITV  have the rights to that.

1 hour ago, cheeky_monkey said:

and why wasn't Bale nominated??..oh yes because he plays football and sky sports and BT/ITV  have the rights to that.

Or because by all accounts he's not exactly pulling up trees in Spain right now. Yes, Wales did well to qualify for the Euro's but would think he'd need to do more than that?

2 hours ago, Paul said:

Or because by all accounts he's not exactly pulling up trees in Spain right now. Yes, Wales did well to qualify for the Euro's but would think he'd need to do more than that?

I agree. Gareth Bale???

I see he is being linked with Man U. I fail to understand why they are so interested. He's undoubtedly a great player, but very injury prone. I can't see how his injury potential is going to lessen, as he ages.

24 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

Jose Mourinho?:D

lol Septic bladder (sepp blatter):rofl: