Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Spring moans, ramps, chat and banter

Paul

Posted
1 minute ago, chrisbell-nottheweatherman said:

Apologies, Sir - merely my (probably faulty) interpretation of the outputs you have posted.  At no point have you actually suggested it.

Apology accepted. Lashes cancelled.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross
3 hours ago, pegg24 said:

Use to think living in Northants we were the only one's not getting anything.

seem to think its not just us at the moment.:wallbash:

Surprised to hear you say that. I used to live in Northants (Eydon) and I'd class it as one of the snowiest places I've ever lived. Admittedly it was the mid 1980's and Eydon's 600ft asl, but back then Northants seemed to do a lot better than many other places. Moved from there to North Yorks, a place you'd expect to be snowy but in the ten years up there I can count the snow events on the fingers of one hand. Timing maybe more than location?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.
2 minutes ago, knocker said:

Sidney took one look and was agog

gfs_t2maf_slp_eur2_22.thumb.png.0a20f214

HotSpot_Shocked_Squirrel_001.jpg

You two will be happy with that even though most here won't be...:D  Mind you, if we do get a re-run of December in February (not saying you're predicting it; no need to hit me LOL), the people of Cumbria will surely be wondering what they've done wrong.:angry:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.
1 minute ago, knocker said:

It's not Sidney,s nuts I'm concerned about.

This will probably be deleted, but I just have to...

:rofl:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm sunny days with the odd cloud.
6 hours ago, knocker said:

Because I tend to throw the toys back into the pram.

Well stay the voice of reason and get back into the woodshed with your red crayons and start posting in the mod thread.... Some folk just cant help but get carried in away in there, but lets face it... As much as we love our hobby here, it is only the weather after all.... Be lucky fella..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

still makes me wonder if GFS has been the best model with this setup over past few days, has on a few runs brought the Atlantic in on monday, where as ECM and UKMO having none of it

'victory' for GFS, I do actually think so, ECM 12Z I would be amazed if it followed UKMO, GFS has 10°C max on tuesday

Posted

The GEFS five day anomaly starting on the 18th has a deep upper low in the NW Atlantic which has, temporarily, supressed the HP over the UK allowing warm moist SW air into the UK. It was the mid level circulation of this low tat dictated the track of Alex and may well be the entrance of the latter on the scene that has shifted the dynamics for a time in the N. Atlantic. You can see Alex on the 700mb chart..

gefs_z500a_5d_nh_35.thumb.png.1c0ca9c527700wind_pw_63.thumb.gif.6b0789b6f58e0712

After this brief hiatus the European HP reasserts itself and we are back to where we were before the rude interruption.

gefs_z500a_5d_nh_55.thumb.png.3dab356a28

It did cross my mind that perhaps this influx of tropical moist air could perhaps could perhaps trigger a significant snow event if it sneaked into the UK over the very cold air in the boundary layer but that's just me being silly.

Edited by knocker
  • Like 1

Posted

UKMO is nothing to moan about what a differenence of opinion we have here between the charts,I`ve not see anything like it.

Rukm1441.gif

Recm1441.gif

Posted
2 hours ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

still makes me wonder if GFS has been the best model with this setup over past few days, has on a few runs brought the Atlantic in on monday, where as ECM and UKMO having none of it

'victory' for GFS, I do actually think so, ECM 12Z I would be amazed if it followed UKMO, GFS has 10°C max on tuesday

So, you already know that GFS has called Monday's weather correctly, even though today is Thursday of the preceding week?

Wow! Are you already a millionaire? Because if not, you soon will be.

• Like 1

Posted

The ecm anomaly not dissimilar to the GEFS and it also  has the HP becoming more influential by Sunday but during the ext period this influence begins to wane and the flow veers to westerly by T360. It has to said NOAA doesn't waver from the HP influence.

ecm_eps_z500a_5d_nh_9.thumb.png.dd546ddf610day.03.thumb.gif.55730bd735fe847f67d5814day.03.thumb.gif.0404677d7e57a59bcb70

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: deep snow/warm sunshine

This looks like being a sh#t cold spell in a sh#t run of winters! Bring on summer. Probably knowing our luck will be colder than this sh#tty cold spell that isn't that cold and certainly isn't going to be snowy. Onto next winter please as this one is pants!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

All I can say is that GFS has performed like a 'flip flop' all throughout this cold spell! Much like it's old predecessor!