Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Spring moans, ramps, chat and banter

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

cold and dry suits me just fine..not interested in whether it snows or not...some sunny days would be nice..looks like we might get some at last.

• Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, cheeky_monkey said:

cold and dry suits me just fine..not interested in whether it snows or not...some sunny days would be nice..looks like we might get some at last.

With all due respect, you live in Canada? :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c
7 minutes ago, cyclonic happiness said:

With all due respect, you live in Canada? :D

no I live in West London for now

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold,snowy,frosty and thunderstorms

Cold and dry isn't fun! what's the point in cold with no snow, it's like Sun with no heat in summer.

I want to go sledging with the kids it's long overdue lol 

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, cheeky_monkey said:

no I live in West London for now

You're probably worse off than us for snow then.   I just can't understand how this keeps on happening to the Midlands. We used to be able to get snow event, at least one or two per year, now we struggle to even get rain or anything of interest. No-one said global warming would just equal 'bland'.

This has been the worst two weeks of medel watching I can remember in 10 years. Not only for the model inconsistency, but for the fact that even though we have a 'cold' spell now, it's probably going to be dry and without ice days. Not even a frost here this morning!

The folk on here keep sating 'wait for the cold and the snow will come' well, I've waited for almost 3 years now :D

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: summer thunderstorms snow snow snow
2 minutes ago, snow*please said:

Cold and dry isn't fun! what's the point in cold with no snow, it's like Sun with no heat in summer.

It's better than mild and wet!!!!!!!:nonono:

Edited by cornish snow
  • Like 3

Posted
22 minutes ago, cornish snow said:

It's better than mild and wet!!!!!!!:nonono:

Never said it wasn't!! Was just saying that cold without snow isn't fun. Never said I would prefer mild and wet :D

Posted

The GEFS anomalies still indicating the proximity of HP for the next two weeks after the possible transition to temps near average during next week. With the indication of the wind veering to a more zonal regime towards the end on the period. Just off down to the lake to check with Sidney.

gefs_z500a_nh_35.thumb.png.1e9e41dd61bebgefs_z500a_nh_47.thumb.png.ee464474238fegefs_z500a_nh_61.thumb.png.b2199ea1d7f5c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.

anomaly charts yet again look almost certain to have called this spell right.... no surprises there then!

• Like 1

Posted

Yes the ecm is also showing the transition around mid week and HP remaining influential throughout the ext period. Could be pleasantly dry if this anywhere near correct with any Atlantic systems tracking NE and not too far south one hopes

ecm_eps_z500a_nh_9.thumb.png.6d658ced86b

Edited by knocker
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms
4 hours ago, snow*please said:

I want dry...that way all the floodwater goes. What good is snow when everywhere is wet and waterlogged?

• Like 1

Posted
16 minutes ago, Carl46Wrexham said:

I want dry...that way all the floodwater goes. What good is snow when everywhere is wet and waterlogged?

Yes dry is good for the areas that need it the most! 

But from a imby point of view it isn't wet through or water logged. 

I simply made a statement about MY opinion and where I live and what I would like! 

Yes its tragic for the flood affected regions and can't imagine the misery they have Been and are going through but the fact some areas are flooded should not stop me being entitled to express my opinion on what weather I would love to have IMBY 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.
13 minutes ago, knocker said:

A lot of energy bounding around the HP. Sidney was quite enamoured.

gfs_uv250_eu_35.thumb.png.315357527c559agfs_uv250_eu_46.thumb.png.35766c5f6d7682

Would appear to be SWerlies getting into your area, with the rest of us in a cool, unsettles W-NWerly - correct?

Posted
15 minutes ago, chrisbell-nottheweatherman said:

Would appear to be SWerlies getting into your area, with the rest of us in a cool, unsettles W-NWerly - correct?

Not really those are 250mb charts with the surface HP & LP centres overlayed. The actual surface charts for those times.

gfs_mslp_pcpn_eu_34.thumb.png.123394737agfs_mslp_pcpn_eu_45.thumb.png.daf966cd20

Edited by knocker

Posted
3 minutes ago, knocker said:

Well those are 250mb charts but at T204 that would be correct but for the latter one just about calm.

gfs_z500_mslp_eu_46.thumb.png.0b1d7e134e

Thanks - I'm not used to scrutinising the 250mb charts.  That 500 mb chart to my (as you know, inexperienced) eyes would suggest a broadly west of north flow away from the far south-west, though, with high heights to the south-west, and low heights to the east.  Fair assumption?

Posted
Just now, chrisbell-nottheweatherman said:

Thanks - I'm not used to scrutinising the 250mb charts.  That 500 mb chart to my (as you know, inexperienced) eyes would suggest a broadly west of north flow away from the far south-west, though, with high heights to the south-west, and low heights to the east.  Fair assumption?

I've corrected it Chris to just the surface charts Hope that  is better/

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

06Z seems to show an area of snow moving in from Cheshire Gap on Saturday night, be gone on next run though, but after that 06Z is pants, much less cold sun and mon, with drizzle for low levels

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
5 hours ago, cyclonic happiness said:

You're probably worse off than us for snow then.   I just can't understand how this keeps on happening to the Midlands. We used to be able to get snow event, at least one or two per year, now we struggle to even get rain or anything of interest. No-one said global warming would just equal 'bland'.

This has been the worst two weeks of medel watching I can remember in 10 years. Not only for the model inconsistency, but for the fact that even though we have a 'cold' spell now, it's probably going to be dry and without ice days. Not even a frost here this morning!

The folk on here keep sating 'wait for the cold and the snow will come' well, I've waited for almost 3 years now :D

Living in west London/north Surrey is pretty dire for snow, it's one of the last places to see it and it turns to slush faster than anywhere else - just one reason I'm not so keen on snow these days. The Midlands always get colder by a few degrees than here meaning any snow lasts longer. 

Agree about our weather turning very bland this last decade. It's almost like a permanent Autumn with very few extremes and little weather of interest. My worry is another cool, cloudy, crap thunderless, heatwave-less Summer looming, yuck.

Probably best for those desperate for snow pop themselves on a flight to Norway or the Alps and have a frolic there, some cheap deals on at the moment :-) Millions jet away seeking sun every year, why don't coldies do the same for snow?

And even back in the 'good old days' of the 70's, 80's and early 90's it certainly didn't snow here every winter. We had some memorable falls but some winters were washout ones like this year. If you're expecting a decent fall of snow every winter then you're living in the wrong country!

Still 6-8 weeks of winter to go...a LOT can happen in that time, don't give up hope yet :-)

Edited by stainesbloke
  • Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, stainesbloke said:

Living in west London/north Surrey is pretty dire for snow, it's one of the last places to see it and it turns to slush faster than anywhere else - just one reason I'm not so keen on snow these days. The Midlands always get colder by a few degrees than here meaning any snow lasts longer. 

Agree about our weather turning very bland this last decade. It's almost like a permanent Autumn with very few extremes and little weather of interest. My worry is another cool, cloudy, crap thunderless, heatwave-less Summer looming, yuck.

Probably best for those desperate for snow pop themselves on a flight to Norway or the Alps and have a frolic there, some cheap deals on at the moment :-) Millions jet away seeking sun every year, why don't coldies do the same for snow?

And even back in the 'good old days' of the 70's, 80's and early 90's it certainly didn't snow here every winter. We had some memorable falls but some winters were washout ones like this year. If you're expecting a decent fall of snow every winter then you're living in the wrong country!

Still 6-8 weeks of winter to go...a LOT can happen in that time, don't give up hope yet :-)

But until the last 2 years, we had snow every year as far back as I can remember (late 70s) this period is setting a precedent in this part of the country :-(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.
28 minutes ago, cyclonic happiness said:

But until the last 2 years, we had snow every year as far back as I can remember (late 70s) this period is setting a precedent in this part of the country :-(

eh?... theres been plenty of mild winters with no snow in that timeframe. the late 90's and most of the early 00's for eg.

• Like 2

Posted
5 minutes ago, mushymanrob said:

eh?... theres been plenty of mild winters with no snow in that timeframe. the late 90's and most of the early 00's for eg.

Erm, you can get snow in mild winters. I can't remember a snowless winter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

another one of those posters in the Model thread with posts in the single figures who seem to be able to pick out yucky mildness from somewhere without actually producing any back up has appeared.   wish the regulars would just ignore them totally tbh....I'm sure they are only after bites

• Like 2

Posted
3 minutes ago, cyclonic happiness said:

Erm, you can get snow in mild winters. I can't remember a snowless winter

I can!  1997/98 was snowless, as was at least one during the 2000-05 period.