Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Spring moans, ramps, chat and banter

Paul

Posted

As per the news here, the model thread now lives within the winter area, and the model banter is no more, with it's replacement a general purpose winter weather moans, ramps, chat and banter thread. 

This one doesn't need to be model related, but please stick to the forum guidelines - meaning particularly that negative comments about other members aren't going to be allowed in here. 

Happy bantering!

Paul

• Like 2

Posted

Pity we can"t tap into the very cold weather over Iceland -20c at night daytime --9°C in the capital850539.jpg

Edited by keithlucky
  • Like 1

Posted

Pity we can"t tap into the very cold weather over Iceland -20c at night daytime --9°C in the capital850539.jpg

http://liikennetilanne.liikennevirasto.fi/?view=drivingConditionView

pity  we cant  tap into lapland   -12  at the  moment!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.

bloody horrible white s£1te in a bitter wind... what a nasty day - roll on milder weather

yes it snowed here, but its about gone now.

Edited by mushymanrob
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Well several hours of heavy rain and gale force winds here. A horrid morning here. At least conditions are improving now as I prepare to head out. Not that I was expecting anything else.

# sod off mild sectors

Edited by Captain shortwave

Posted

no snow here, not even frost,   and not much wind,  forcast fail,  but the crisp sunny morning makes a change, even I like that , as a mildy :D  

Which forecast are you quoting or making up!? I saw nothing that suggested your area would have snow other than a few flakes!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Lovely morning in sheffield,snow on he ground,fresh wind clear blue sky,who could want for more!!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Truely hoping that that mild air is gone for a very long time. Perfect weather,but it won't last sadly me thinks

• Like 1

Posted

A quite foul morning with a succession of moderate rain showers courtesy of the Pembroke Dangler.. Temp 6C and NNE wind gusting 50mph. Nobody in their right mind could like this weather.

Edited by knocker
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Nobody in their right mind could like this weather.

Count me in Malc.

• Like 2

Posted

The November faux 'summer' and current sunshine has duped hubby into wearing shorts as he left for a golf competition .....hmm ..... a shock awaits - will he even notice with all the free Beaujolais nouveaux the sponsors have provided.

Meanwhile, I'll crank up the heating and plan what to pack for the UK next week - doubt any shorts will be on the list!

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

Going by the mid to long term outputs looks like December again will be starting with Atlantic influenced weather which by and large means fairly mild with varying amounts of precipitation, so not good news for 'coldies'. Interesting to note so far after the cold December of 2010 Decembers have generally been mild and the same largely applied to 1981 through the years after that...coincidence?

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

Yes decembers have been useless for cold since 2010. The best we can muster in recent decembers has been pm air which does make it feel fairly seasonal but when all is said and done it isnt worth a s*ite to the vast majority. Possibly the same again this december. Last winter was often dominated by pm air but yet how many of us saw decent snowfall away from the hills?

I will gladly take pm air over tm air but it doesnt exactly get my heart racing.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Well several hours of heavy rain and gale force winds here. A horrid morning here. At least conditions are improving now as I prepare to head out. Not that I was expecting anything else.

# sod off mild sectors

Not surprisingly, CS, it's exactly the same here!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Lovely sunshine this morning, but this wind is absolutely vile. Hurry back lovely mild air!

?? trouble is with mild air, it's very rarely dry, never mind sunny, mild would be good if dry/sunny, but here at least always raining/dull and dark

might be different in your location of course, assume it is judging by that post

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, cold, cold and errrr......cold. I am, unashamedly, a cold fan.

Lovely today. Bright, cold and a bitingly cold wind. Been to the park with the kids all wrapped up and home for hot cocoa. :) More of the same is needed :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow events / Wind storms

I also love this kind of weather, if there's no snow, and no true cold, there is the bracing wind, that makes it feel raw! :D The sun is also peeking through occasionally for the mildies :p lol

• Like 2

Posted

The never ending summer here has finally ended. Snow has finally arrived for the Pyrenees, a big shock to the system from 21c yesterday to 8c today here in the valley.

Posted

Where's the crisp sunny weekend?!!?! of course mild upper's spoiled the fun here but was expecting at least a sunny/frosty weekend to make up for it...nope sun lasted a few hours then unforecast mid/upper level haze rolled in and frost risk vanished for tonight.

Edited by conor123

Posted

Where's the crisp sunny weekend?!!?! of course mild upper's spoiled the fun here but was expecting at least a sunny/frosty weekend to make up for it...nope sun lasted a few hours then unforecast mid/upper level haze rolled in and frost risk vanished for tonight.

the crisp sunny was here,  but its clouding over a bit now, 

Posted

oh dear another sad day for you, tut, Ci spoiling the fun

• Like 1