Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Spring moans, ramps, chat and banter

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
9 hours ago, I Cumbria Marra I said:

Still better than having to wear three layers when at the beach or on a walk up the fells etc, i have hay fever too but id still much rather have 22c than 12c.

Certainly each to their own,for me walking in 12c is much more enjoyable than 22c. No way near as tired by the end thanks to the lower temp.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, markyo said:

Certainly each to their own,for me walking in 12c is much more enjoyable than 22c. No way near as tired by the end thanks to the lower temp.

I think most people would agree with you markyo, 12C isn't cold and very pleasant to most people in strong sunshine.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
32 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

23.2c in London and Norwich at 12:00

23.7c is this years current high

cool SS, keep it up in MOD, and Frosty!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and blisteringly hot

Then the cold plunge next weekend with a maxes around 10C, with northerly or NW winds for the foreseeable future.  Bit like General Election day in 1997: 4th May hot and sunny, the following Tuesday heavy snowfall.  Typical British climate, couple of days of warmth followed by weeks of cold.

• Like 1

Posted

If anything, the fact we're seeing alternating cold and warm spells during the second half of spring is a positive as its reminiscent of previous springs leading onto good summers. Recent years have generally tended to have patterns of continuous homogenous warmth more especially from April onwards which broke down by the time summer started. If the pattern now is different then perhaps it will be in summer too compared to recent years (1995 had alternating cold and warm spells during spring for example).

• Like 3

Posted
21 minutes ago, reef said:

If anything, the fact we're seeing alternating cold and warm spells during the second half of spring is a positive as its reminiscent of previous springs leading onto good summers. Recent years have generally tended to have patterns of continuous homogenous warmth more especially from April onwards which broke down by the time summer started. If the pattern now is different then perhaps it will be in summer too compared to recent years (1995 had alternating cold and warm spells during spring for example).

I agree, as opposed to Springs that had lengthy heatwaves from March - May like 2007/2008/2011/2012 and by the time Summer came the weather became cool and wet. Also the Met Office currently hints at it becoming warmer and more settled once again at the end of the month into June :D

Edited by wishingforsnow
  • Like 1

Posted

Air con set to come on today,the most expensive time of the year for me now!! It'll be windows shut and lovely cool breeze indoors today. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Today's high so far is 27.1c, 81f recorded in St James's Park, Central London

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unseasonably cold weather (at all times of year), wind, and thunderstorms.
2 hours ago, knocker said:

What records are breaking? Is it just that this is the warmest day of the year or are long standing records being broken?

Edited by Relativistic Sting Jet

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
2 hours ago, NickMdx said:

ah.....the stench of petrol station bbq's fills the air......idiot season is truly upon us :D

Those things should be banned lol. Can't beat a nice Weber gas BBQ. Use it 3 times a week this time of year, lovely.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: storms - of the severe kind

So after a warm day today, tonight's min temp should be around 12 or 13c

But then i remembered December 2015, about a week and a half before Christmas

Where the night temperature never dropped below 16c

it was crazy, too uncomfortable to sleep under the duvet

Reminds, what an exceptional warm event that was, that many summer nights will still be cooler than what happened last December

Now bring on the storms !!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Still about 20c at nearly 10pm. Still sitting outside comfortably in t shirt and shorts. Bliss. :D

• Like 2

Posted

This weather makes working so much harder,mid morning and i'm knackered,banging headache and way way to hot,not my cup of tea at all,hope is on the horizon though so fingers crossed for cooling off soon.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unseasonably cold weather (at all times of year), wind, and thunderstorms.
1 hour ago, markyo said:

This weather makes working so much harder,mid morning and i'm knackered,banging headache and way way to hot,not my cup of tea at all,hope is on the horizon though so fingers crossed for cooling off soon.

Totally agree. I have ten exams at uni this Summer term, and this weather is making my life a bloody nightmare. The warm and muggy weather makes it so much harder to concentrate, and the associated lack of sleep is the last thing I want when I have exams!

Give me a northerly anyday.

Edited by Relativistic Sting Jet
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

One thing we've lacked here, over the past week, is warm nights - that easterly wind seems to really kick in during the evening which causes the temperature to fall quite rapidly. For example, Manchester Airport is currently 16C while here we are 11C, even though we had a high of 23C and Manchester Airport 25C. Every night recently has had lows below 10C while other stations west and south of Yorkshire have had minimums between 10-15C. 

Edited by cheese