Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Spring moans, ramps, chat and banter

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

As we know now things are going to change for the better temperatures on the rise through the week especially from Weds onwards

Posted

Next weekend and beyond becoming increasingly warmer with some thunderstorms

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
10 hours ago, sundog said:

I recorded a higher max in March (14.9c on the 12th,warmest so far this year),then i did in April (14.4c on the 19th).

.........and then today  i recorded my warmest day of the year so far,max temp of 16.8c despite a lack of  sunshine.

Edited by sundog

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny with night time t-storms

I'm looking forward to the next week or so of warmth. I've a lot of work this week, no Bank Holiday Monday here in France, but next weekend looks warm and nice. I'm flying back to the UK on the 12th for a couple of days then hubby and I are heading over here. I hope summer, or at least late spring, is here to stay. I'd love some CBs to look down on on my flight back...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Really not looking forward to this weekend,way to early for those type of temps,can tolerate them late may onwards,not at the start.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
3 hours ago, markyo said:

Really not looking forward to this weekend,way to early for those type of temps,can tolerate them late may onwards,not at the start.

I can't wait! 23C will feel positively delightful after the vile cold we've endured in April making winter seem to go on forever. In itself, the temp isn't hot, just comfortable. Might not be so much fun for the hay-fever sufferers though.

Edited by stainesbloke

Posted

Why?

Those kind of temperatures are welcome any time of the year.  Most of the human race love warm weather - bring it on!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Low 20s are far more common than say snow at this time of year. The temperatures predicted for this weekend whilst being above average are far from unusual.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

Yeah I don't get it - the upcoming weather is not unusual at all for early May, in fact it wouldn't be too unusual in late April either. The fact that most of England even the SE has yet to reach 20C is very unusual.

• Like 2

Posted
2 hours ago, stainesbloke said:

I can't wait! 23C will feel positively delightful after the vile cold we've endured in April making winter seem to go on forever. In itself, the temp isn't hot, just comfortable. Might not be so much fun for the hay-fever sufferers though.

I suppose its everybody to their own,i find a warm May very,very uncomfortable,high pollen levels are a mare especially during the start of the season, to be honest it has to be my least favourite month if the temperatures creep up.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and blisteringly hot
On 30/04/2016 at 3:57 PM, Paul said:

This made me laugh

On the right is my standard winter kit but without the T-shirt and with neoprene boots instead of flip-flops.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.

As usual in these type of set ups the North-East coast is likely to be on the cool side with temps ranging from 14℃ to 17℃ at best. Really hoping for no haar as this can drop temps below 10℃ right along the coastline.

Posted
On 4/29/2016 at 11:15 PM, conor123 said:

Of course a big fat high pressure's going to arrive at work Tuesday - Friday and change to washout lows in time for the weekend, mark my words. Always happens, never get a high arrive for a weekend these days :nonono:had to suffer sitting in 10c last Saturday to get some sun!

In fact can see it now, 20c next Friday then washout Saturday! 

Called it! back to blue skies Monday to topping it off I bet :laugh::wallbash:

Posted

The south could be upto the heights of 26c by the end of the week what a difference 1 week makes

Chhlz5FWgAAy35y.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Summer Sun said:

Keep your tissues handy pollen levels remain high

Chi77mvWYAIIXwb.jpg

Not a happy bunny,the misery starts,roll on autumn!!

• Like 1

Posted

20.6c recorded in St James's Park,  central London 

21c quite possible by the end of this afternoon

• Like 2

Posted

21.5°c at Hampton and Northolt were the last figures at 15:30

This may be our high today

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
1 hour ago, Summer Sun said:

should get warmer, as even warmer air moves up tomorrow night, blip tomorrow though for north west midlands, before 3 days of 23C, then the NW midlands from Tuesday I can see struggling with north sea mist

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
5 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

should get warmer, as even warmer air moves up tomorrow night, blip tomorrow though for north west midlands, before 3 days of 23C, then the NW midlands from Tuesday I can see struggling with north sea mist

Interesting. If the NW Midlands was going to suffer from North Sea mist then I'd expect Leeds to as well - yet the forecast shows sunny, warm weather until Thursday next week, with things remaining warm but cloudier from Friday (and that's still too far away to be certain anyway).

Posted

Bearable temperatures today,good clear skies ment the yorkshire countryside looked at its best. Much hotter would just ruin it,high uv,high pollen,high pollution levels  make it very unpleasant . I know many many folk enjoy this time of year but jumping in and out of a 45plus degree car thats been stood is really not good,makes the working day so much harder. Not looking forward to the coming moths at all.

• Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, Summer Sun said:

This looks to be today's hot spots I would expect somewhere in the SE to get close to 27c before the weekends out

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales
2 hours ago, markyo said:

Bearable temperatures today,good clear skies ment the yorkshire countryside looked at its best. Much hotter would just ruin it,high uv,high pollen,high pollution levels  make it very unpleasant . I know many many folk enjoy this time of year but jumping in and out of a 45plus degree car thats been stood is really not good,makes the working day so much harder. Not looking forward to the coming moths at all.

Still better than having to wear three layers when at the beach or on a walk up the fells etc, i have hay fever too but id still much rather have 22c than 12c.

• Like 2