Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Spring moans, ramps, chat and banter

Paul

Posted

Oh to have seasons again, this bland 8-13c showers/bands of rain setup seems to go on and on and on and on...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Interesting weather

Hhhmmmm, spent most of the night listening to the wind howling round our little holiday cottage in Wales, yesterday we had thunder, lightning, hail and sun, quite a wild night of wind, very glad not to have to water anything I've planted, but hoping my old shed is still in one piece when we get home.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hoar Frost, Snow, Misty Autumn mornings

Got to say the new Panasonic weather model looking good for my neck of the woods.

Good-to-Know-Reviews-of-Panasonic-Plasma

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry
43 minutes ago, Yarmy said:

Got to say the new Panasonic weather model looking good for my neck of the woods.

Good-to-Know-Reviews-of-Panasonic-Plasma

Sheesh, looks like you've had a lot of rain there. Glad it seems to have cleared up though.

• Like 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

And so the perpetual Autumn continues unabaited.

What a chuffin horrid climate this country offers..

Agree. This constant damp and wet weather just wont give up. So depressing having cloud and rain each day.

Posted

Does the North West need its climate zone reclassified something? Never had a yeah with so much moaning from there and so contrary to my experience of the weather. 

Posted
1 hour ago, March said:

Does the North West need its climate zone reclassified something? Never had a yeah with so much moaning from there and so contrary to my experience of the weather. 

I live in the NW and there does seem to be a lot of moaning around here. 

I don't know what perpetual Autumn is as what is the weather do you associate with Autumn? Gales, or as Keats says, mists, calmness, fogs etc? In other words, unsettled but isn't that what our typical weather pattern is?

Since the change of year, I don't think it has been too bad, more variety in the weather, March was a pretty interesting with more variety and it has got off to a decent start for thunder at least around here.

Frosty this morning, -1.4C, looks a decent day

Edited by Weather-history
Weather

Posted

any decent temps forcast , been a dissapiontingly cool spring so far, seems sunny weather too has been a premum, i know its still early in the year ,

lovely crisp start clear sunny morning , but as usual, the thin high cloud is getting thicker and now making the sun weak and milky, there is an all too common greyness setting in again

those days of a clear blue sky all day  with strong sun but  the odd  bit cirruis waving across occasionaly seem history  

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

Yeah I don't get the moaning.. from my perspective it hasn't been too bad. It's rained on most days but in the form of showers which I can live with - makes things interesting. Some thunder and lightning thrown in for good measure. April showers, I guess.

Temperatures have been average for early April. 

Not really bothered about the weather in April anyway. Summer is more important.  I don't buy into pattern matching but after 2007 and 2011, I'm always wary about warm, very sunny April's. 

Edited by cheese

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
5 hours ago, IanR said:

any decent temps forcast , been a dissapiontingly cool spring so far, seems sunny weather too has been a premum, i know its still early in the year ,

lovely crisp start clear sunny morning , but as usual, the thin high cloud is getting thicker and now making the sun weak and milky, there is an all too common greyness setting in again

those days of a clear blue sky all day  with strong sun but  the odd  bit cirruis waving across occasionaly seem history  

Yes agree, after a beautiful clear start a layer of high level muck has moved in spoiling the sunshine somewhat. Still not a bad day but I'd prefer blue skies, not milky white!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Been very spring-like so far this spring, can't really complain much.

Posted
1 hour ago, Nick L said:

Been very spring-like so far this spring, can't really complain much.

Not enough warm days for me to say it's been typically Spring. One would've expected a few warm days by now as well; say temps 14-16c on a number of days. Hopefully we'll see a flip from the coldish days soon and get rid of that nagging wind.

Posted
8 minutes ago, Bristle boy said:

Not enough warm days for me to say it's been typically Spring. One would've expected a few warm days by now as well; say temps 14-16c on a number of days. Hopefully we'll see a flip from the coldish days soon and get rid of that nagging wind.

I suppose that's the one minor gripe I have. Although having said that the CET is running comfortably above average.

Edited by Nick L

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Pretty typical spring fare up here so far with a bit of everything, rain, showers, wind, frost & snow (high ground) and some warm sunshine even if the air temp hasn't been especially high. Plenty of usable weather days for getting out and about doing outdoor activities. Could be worse but also better with a bit more warmth, although it's never been overly cold. 

Edited by *Sub*Zero*

Posted

The next 10 days are looking increasingly settled too if the EC is to be believed, there'll be chilly nights but in the sunshine it will feel pretty pleasant, even if the air temps aren't spectacular. Although the GFS is a bit more unsettled it certainly doesn't look a washout.

Edited by Nick L

Posted

I think it's been a very average April so far, and will end up average overall weatherwise, nothing too warm and settled but also not too cold and wet. Changeable and mixed which to me is standard April weather anyway. 

Posted

Yeah its not been too bad down here the last couple of months. Granted, no particularly warm weather (apart from 15.9C one day in February), and not that much temperature variability, but about average conditions with some sunny days, some rainy days, some windy ones, and quite a few sunshine and shower days, including a big hail shower the other day giving a covering.

Winter was a bit bland though, and sod off wintry charts in the models this morning..you had your chance. Last night's ECM was great with warmth and thunderstorm chances, this mornings is just an over-bloated Greenland high bringing boring cool/cold weather :(

Edited by Evening thunder
  • Like 1

Posted

decidedly bland and boring so far - a worrying trend after the most boring year I can ever recall weatherwise last year.

• Like 2

Posted

Well I reckon 8- 14c is normal for early April, I personally don't start looking for significantly warmer temperatures until end of May/June in terms of reaching 20c. In the meantime it seems ok for me for it to be around 10-12c daytime at the beginning of April - perhaps increasing to mid teens by the end of the month into May :)

Also loving the variety of weather April and Spring has to offer - a much needed change from the boredom of 4 months of endless rain, wind and named storms of the past 'Winter.' 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
14 minutes ago, wishingforsnow said:

Well I reckon 8- 14c is normal for early April, I personally don't start looking for significantly warmer temperatures until end of May/June in terms of reaching 20c. In the meantime it seems ok for me for it to be around 10-12c daytime at the beginning of April - perhaps increasing to mid teens by the end of the month into May :)

Also loving the variety of weather April and Spring has to offer - a much needed change from the boredom of 4 months of endless rain, wind and named storms of the past 'Winter.' 

Agree up to a point; after a mainly monotone and dreary winter, Spring so far has seen a decent variety of weather conditions. A bit too much on the cold side here; in the London area I'd expect 20C to have been breached by the end of April, with a 25C having been recorded by the end of May. Other than that, it's currently 16C here and sunny, feels very pleasant!

Posted

Some pretty chilly nights on the cards over the next week or so.

• Like 1