Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Spring moans, ramps, chat and banter

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.
2 minutes ago, cornish snow said:

LOL,some!!

Are you an Eskimo?

No, I just like the same conditions all year around as most crave all winter.

• Like 2

Posted
4 hours ago, markyo said:

Totally agree,i love sitting outside a country pub on a cool evening,15c would be perfect. Never  will this get this love of the heat/humidity side of the uk weather,thankfully the current way our weather is progressing this type of weather may well become more and more infrequent. As for sweating thats just weird how anybody could enjoy a day like that especially when your working

I think you'll find that most of us would prefer to sit outside on a warm evening (20c +) with a cold beer. 15c would probably need a jumper/ jacket & the old hands would soon get cold without sun on them & any breeze can make it very uncomfortable after a few minutes. Still, each to their own, you wouldn't have to fight me for a table!

• Like 9

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Certainly wouldn't need a jumper at 15C. I suspect you may be waiting a bit for 15C in the evening though. Noticed the temps for this weekend have been knocked down quiet  a bit locally.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

Can't believe the amount of gritters I've seen out and about over the last week or so, a slight air frost is forecast and there's salt everywhere. Coldest night here on the Essex coast has been -1.7c and shows how pathetic this winter has been. I've recorded many a November morning back in the 80's/90's with the same figure or colder.

I should think the local councils must have salt up to their elbows considering how the last few winters have been.

4 hours ago, The PIT said:

Certainly wouldn't need a jumper at 15C. I suspect you may be waiting a bit for 15C in the evening though. Noticed the temps for this weekend have been knocked down quiet  a bit locally.

lol, yeah it's funny how absent those ramping up mid to late teens in Model Output Discussion earlier this week have been the past few days, there has been a massive downgrade to temps esp at night, if cold temps were downgraded you wouldn't hear the last of it from these same people. :D

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

yeah, looks raw next week, GFS overdoing temps 10C no way in the south, biting easterly, grey skies and 'orrid, absolutely no sign of Spring at all, Netweather going to be very quiet from tomorrow

Edited by I remember Atlantic 252

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
1 hour ago, Eugene said:

lol, yeah it's funny how absent those ramping up mid to late teens in Model Output Discussion earlier this week have been the past few days, there has been a massive downgrade to temps esp at night, if cold temps were downgraded you wouldn't hear the last of it from these same people. :D

Very very true,lot of ramping about those mild temps,not going to happen just yet but they will so it will be the warmth chasers turn soon too enjoy the chase of their weather! Everybody to there own,we may not understand why but should certainly except there point of view even if we don't agree!

Posted
2 minutes ago, markyo said:

Very very true,lot of ramping about those mild temps,not going to happen just yet but they will so it will be the warmth chasers turn soon too enjoy the chase of their weather! Everybody to there own,we may not understand why but should certainly except there point of view even if we don't agree!

eh? last bit?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
27 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

eh? last bit?

eh? Last bit why?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

Temps now nothing special, now around average. but to see 10 days of dry weather coming up is certainly a pleasant sight

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Milhouse said:

Temps now nothing special, now around average. but to see 10 days of dry weather coming up is certainly a pleasant sight

your area looking good, as Frosty posted in model thread, north warm and sunny, little to no wind

but my area, foul, grey, raw

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot
3 hours ago, Froze were the Days said:

Can't believe the amount of gritters I've seen out and about over the last week or so, a slight air frost is forecast and there's salt everywhere. Coldest night here on the Essex coast has been -1.7c and shows how pathetic this winter has been. I've recorded many a November morning back in the 80's/90's with the same figure or colder.

I should think the local councils must have salt up to their elbows considering how the last few winters have been.

Air temperatures of 3c on a clear night is enough to need a grit. Bear in mind there have been showers about for most, so there's the risk of ice. I do a lot of forecasting for councils for gritting, the majority are still gritting most nights at the moment.

Many people believe that gritters are only out during severe cold weather, but in many areas they can be out on half the nights in winter.

Edited by Nick L

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.
21 minutes ago, Nick L said:

Air temperatures of 3c on a clear night is enough to need a grit. Bear in mind there have been showers about for most, so there's the risk of ice. I do a lot of forecasting for councils for gritting, the majority are still gritting most nights at the moment.

Many people believe that gritters are only out during severe cold weather, but in many areas they can be out on half the nights in winter.

I agree with the showers thing and it can be icy but what about when its a really dry airmass?, although of course its technically a frost, you just don't seem to slip on it even if you try, you can get temperatures well below freezing but it not be slippy.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot
3 minutes ago, feb1991blizzard said:

I agree with the showers thing and it can be icy but what about when its a really dry airmass?, although of course its technically a frost, you just don't seem to slip on it even if you try, you can get temperatures well below freezing but it not be slippy.

Yep we've had a couple of cold but dry nights recently. Some councils will play it safe, others will monitor the road network for any damp spots and just grit those. Rural areas in particular can have "seepage spots" where water drains off adjacent fields.

If there's a frost forecast on the roads, they will grit, usually the lowest amount they can unless it's a harsh frost. Ice requires a lot more.

Regarding the frost point, the road can be as cold as it wants to be, but if it's above the dew point then you're not going to get a frost forming on the surface. A dry road is perfectly safe, no matter how cold it is.

Edited by Nick L

Posted

160313.png

UK few hundred miles further west I wish, 20C possible then

Edited by I remember Atlantic 252

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish Plumes, Blizzards, Severe Frosts :-)
35 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

h850t850eu.png

yuck!

Yes the 18z is crap, the high is not centred over the uk, it's much further NE with the chilly dull weather spreading to northern areas too. I'm hoping for some fine pleasant weather, hope it doesn't keep getting downgraded! I have been criticized for being positive and now I will probably be criticized for being negative..:D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish Plumes, Blizzards, Severe Frosts :-)
2 minutes ago, DAVID SNOW said:

Come back Frosty, please come back(Shane..)

I doubt even Liberace could have engineered so many curtain calls.........:D

Good one! made me laugh..thanks:rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Well if the current model output is being accurately transformed into the 10 day Met/BBC forecast for my area it can go do one. High single fig / low teen temps with little overnight variation under what looks like a permanent sheet of cloud just doesn't float my boat in the slightest.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c
2 hours ago, Ravelin said:

Well if the current model output is being accurately transformed into the 10 day Met/BBC forecast for my area it can go do one. High single fig / low teen temps with little overnight variation under what looks like a permanent sheet of cloud just doesn't float my boat in the slightest.

better than cold rain and wind surely anyway could be nice and toastie where I am