Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Spring moans, ramps, chat and banter

Paul

Posted
2 hours ago, Summer Sun said:

The BBC forecasts have always said it will towards the end of next week before the mildest air makes it in by mid week temps will edge up slightly (1 or 2c) if we do see any affects from an SSW it won't be till the second half of the month but even that isn't guaranteed yet

Thanks SS… I must have misread?? But looking at the charts, I'm not sure we are goin to get the spring temps like many think… to much change b4 the end of the wk… and if a chart showin cold n snow doesn't verify 5/6days b4… I'm pretty sure mild n spring like won't lol… time will tell

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Why are we having a winter moan thread when it's spring?? Time to rename me thinks.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
7 minutes ago, The PIT said:

Why are we having a winter moan thread when it's spring?? Time to rename me thinks.

Why not, PIT? While spring weather is still behaving like winter, peeps know where to post? Spring doesn't always start when people expect...:D

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms
8 hours ago, markyo said:

Looks like this could be the last really fresh enjoyable weekend for a bit now,looks like the return to mild atlantic driven crap is well and truely on the cards,very depressing. The  thought of summer is not something i ever look forward to,3/4 months of continual hay fever is very unpleasant. Counting the days till septemberish time,much more pleasant.

Its felt bitter out there today in that raw harsh northerly which cuts right through you. It was only after a brisk 15minute walk across town did I warm up enough for it to feel comfortable. Temps next weekend of 12/13c will be far more pleasant and hardly too warm/humid even for the most rampant cold lovers.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold
35 minutes ago, The PIT said:

The Spring equinox is not until the 22nd March or there abouts. It's still very much winter for me :D

• Like 4

Posted

On the farm i have always thought of March as a winter month. So this potential colder Easter with perhaps snow in my eyes is perfectly possible. Remembering back to Easter 1968 we had about a fortnight at the begining of April when it snowed  nearlyevery night and the cover built up day by day.It started one evening as I watched a  dramatic cold front come down from the north across the Firth as  a black  cloud mass that started as rain but quickly turned to snow. Some fields that were just sown emerged under the blanket of snow and were only visible once the snow melted 2 weeks later. Can any one show the charts that gave rise to this snowy Easter. Thanks in advance. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Rrea00119680402.gif

And, four days later, the northerly was still ongoing:

Rrea00119680406.gif

It finally fizzled out by the 8th April, followed by anticyclonic weather which would probably have brought daytime thaws in sunshine, and night frosts.

Rrea00119680408.gif

Edited by Thundery wintry showers
  • Like 1

Posted
49 minutes ago, Thundery wintry showers said:

Rrea00119680402.gif

And, four days later, the northerly was still ongoing:

Rrea00119680406.gif

It finally fizzled out by the 8th April, followed by anticyclonic weather which would probably have brought daytime thaws in sunshine, and night frosts.

Rrea00119680408.gif

Thank you Thundery Wintry Showers

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

why is this still the winter moans and ramps when it is spring ?..should it not be spring moans and ramps?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.

....... and still people are putting their faith in fi charts :rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.
Just now, mushymanrob said:

....... and still people are putting their faith in fi charts :rofl:

But are 8-14 day charts not FI?

• Like 2

Posted
2 hours ago, feb1991blizzard said:

But are 8-14 day charts not FI?

good point!

given their accuracy, perhaps not? as they seldom seem to be that far out, unlike the more amplified ops? 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: summer thunderstorms snow snow snow

Why, for the love of that man on high,do people still want to see COLD weather? Dont get it. 

Gotta get out more,spring is such a wonderful period,full of hope. Why would you not want that? baffling.

Honestly think some people would welcome WW3 just to get a nuclear winter!!!

• Like 6

Posted
Just now, cornish snow said:

Why, for the love of that man on high,do people still want to see COLD weather? Dont get it. 

Gotta get out more,spring is such a wonderful period,full of hope. Why would you not want that? baffling.

Why indeed cs. Very puzzling.

• Like 3

Posted

Personally I'd like a bit more cold weather as I'd like to do some more snowboarding before the season ends, particularly bearing in mind the very slow start to the season here. But I guess that's the point, people have different views and reasons for them, not sure why that seems to be such a surprise to some -  each to their own I'd say?

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Can stay as long as it likes, frost this morning, chilly afternoon with wall to wall sunshine from dawn till dusk & feeling pleasant in the March sunshine. Stunning day for getting out and about. 

Some people still look for warmth after summers over into autumn and some are still looking for colder weather in March just a week after winter finished. Folk like different things for many reasons. 

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme in Winter , Cricket Weather in Summer , Golf weather all year

I'm just waiting for it to dry up a little so I can get the heavy roller out on the cricket square :) 

• Like 2

Posted
5 minutes ago, knocker said:

Sidney was getting so excited watching the GFS 12z spewing forth he only got to T312

gfs_t2maf_slp_eur2_53.thumb.png.7be62d8c

and then he fainted.

cid_3cc30ce73e2b4fc4aa0958117f3c622fnels

Where did you find sidney anyway? Tehidy woods?

Is it you,making them so tame? Stop feeding them nuts.

• Like 1

Posted
10 minutes ago, knocker said:

Yes Sidney and the gang are down Tehidy Country Park. Stop feeding them nuts; they'd be upper your trouser leg and in your pocket in a flash.

Not sure Mr packham would agree. If your not careful you'll have a plague on your hands.

They are cute though:)

Posted
1 hour ago, cornish snow said:

couldnt agree more!.... especially if a real dumping of lying snow isnt likely out of any cold spell. its just a season ruiner.... and yes just like the ridiculous mild was in december.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.
1 hour ago, knocker said:

Why indeed cs. Very puzzling.

Why do you still want warm in November?

• Like 4