Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Spring moans, ramps, chat and banter

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish Plumes, Blizzards, Severe Frosts :-)
1 hour ago, mushymanrob said:

I agree with mushy, this anti knocker attitude is bang out of order and should not be tolerated by the mods whatsoever. I thought there was  a zero tolerance against personal digs!..sorry about my quote appearing this way but there is a glitch which needs fixing :)

• Like 3

Posted
4 hours ago, mushymanrob said:

ok... lets just say for example that knocker only posts mild charts.... (he doesnt)

SO WHAT?.

Ive no idea what you mean.

I was inferring jokingly that Knocker does control the weather. 

• Like 2

Posted

Today, not so lucky, overcast skies after 11am - nothing like the METO has predicted "sunny, then high clouds in the pm".  And I pay money to see the "shaded maps" from which sunshine is impossible to judge. Meteo France provides a far better service/graphics.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.
3 hours ago, mountain shadow said:

Ive no idea what you mean.

I was inferring jokingly that Knocker does control the weather. 

nuances are not easy to convey in cold type.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

I've just noticed that Leeming has had 92 hours of sun so far in February. Average is 83 hours. It's been sunnier than I thought. Shame the last 4 days of February aren't looking as sunny as recently - we could have broken 100 hours. 

Edited by cheese

Posted

Well what a crap cold snap this is for the south in particular, an easterly flow with max temps of 6-9 celsius..what a joke!..and a possible repeat showing later next week:laugh:

3 minutes ago, Karl. said:

Well what a crap cold snap this is for the south in particular, an easterly flow with max temps of 6-9 celsius..what a joke!..and a possible repeat showing later next week:laugh:

Agree frosty pathetic winter for us in east now expecting nothing but by law of averages next winter can't be worst than this now want spring and summer sun see u in November for another 3 months of snowflake chasing :-) 

Posted
5 minutes ago, Essex snowman said:

Agree frosty pathetic winter for us in east now expecting nothing but by law of averages next winter can't be worst than this now want spring and summer sun see u in November for another 3 months of snowflake chasing :-) 

Yes mate what a pathetic joke of a winter, let's hope we have more luck next winter..all the best:)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.

all i see is nuisance cold now - not cold enough for cold/snow lovers, not mild enough for those of us looking for some spring warmth.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
2 hours ago, cheese said:

I've just noticed that Leeming has had 92 hours of sun so far in February. Average is 83 hours. It's been sunnier than I thought. Shame the last 4 days of February aren't looking as sunny as recently - we could have broken 100 hours. 

Yes it's been a sunny month here too, complete opposite to December - getting the weather in from the west northwards just makes all the difference!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers
2 hours ago, cheese said:

A lot of sunshine here in Darlington as well a complete contrast to December and Jan

Posted
20 minutes ago, mushymanrob said:

all i see is nuisance cold now - not cold enough for cold/snow lovers, not mild enough for those of us looking for some spring warmth.

Agreed mushy, my patience has run out. The forecasters on tv talk of bitter easterly winds this weekend and then show temps of 6/8 celsius which is just a complete joke but a fitting finale to joke of a winter really!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, snow and more snow

I'm throwing in the towel now as far as this winter is concerned.  It's been utter tripe and can't wait to see the back of it now.  Even easterly winds can't give us the cold we so deserve.  I just hope next winter isn't as bad as this one (surely it cant be?).  I just hope we get some decent summer weather to make up for the last few months (although saying that knowing the UK weather, we will probably have the coldest summer in 100 years.lol

• Like 3

Posted

Bitter Easterly / North Easterly winds this weekend across the south of the UK with max temps of 6/9 c...are you avin a laff:laugh:

extras_laugh_wt_r_1.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Karl. said:

Yes mate what a pathetic joke of a winter, let's hope we have more luck next winter..all the best:)

your posts Karl are what makes this forum the best around I'm still hoping to see a few flakes before end of March thou il always be posting on this forum even if I don't understand charts that well 

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Essex snowman said:

your posts Karl are what makes this forum the best around I'm still hoping to see a few flakes before end of March thou il always be posting on this forum even if I don't understand charts that well 

Thanks Essex Snowman, that's the nicest thing anyone has said to me on net weather..cheers mate:drinks:

• Like 2

Posted
4 hours ago, cheese said:

107 hours here so far. Its already the second sunniest behind 2008 which had 124hrs. 

A complete contrast to December and January which had only 90 hours of sunshine between them. Its been a rubbish winter but February has been by far the best month: cooler, drier and sunnier with more air frosts. Unfortunately its been another winter with no lying snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm & Sunny
5 hours ago, snow freak said:

I'm throwing in the towel now as far as this winter is concerned.  It's been utter tripe and can't wait to see the back of it now.  Even easterly winds can't give us the cold we so deserve.  I just hope next winter isn't as bad as this one (surely it cant be?).  I just hope we get some decent summer weather to make up for the last few months (although saying that knowing the UK weather, we will probably have the coldest summer in 100 years.lol

Just curious as to why anyone would think they "so deserve" cold weather......or warm weather for that matter. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm sunny days with the odd cloud.

As we are about to enter spring, I couldn't care less about cold unless the kids can make snowmen, which is rather unlikely this time of year in my location... Looking forward to our first taste of spring as winter never really started down my way... Even though there were a few frosts inland...... Stuff the cold, I want summer..

• Like 6

Posted
9 hours ago, Karl. said:

Bitter Easterly / North Easterly winds this weekend across the south of the UK with max temps of 6/9 c...are you avin a laff:laugh:

extras_laugh_wt_r_1.jpg

LOL Yes to be honest karl i gave up weeks ago if i were being truthful.

Middle of Feb is my personal cut off point for deep cold and snow, yes we know we can get it late feb/march but it just doesnt float my boat for reasons we know.

I know the stratosphere isnt the be all and end all but if i see a strong PV and low strat temps come November i will feel the worst again.

The last two winters have produced a big fat fail in my neck of the woods, as bad as the horrid late 1980's if not worse.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
1 hour ago, fat chad said:

As we are about to enter spring, I couldn't care less about cold unless the kids can make snowmen, which is rather unlikely this time of year in my location... Looking forward to our first taste of spring as winter never really started down my way... Even though there were a few frosts inland...... Stuff the cold, I want summer..

I agree with this, roll on Summer, charts look absolute pants for my location if it's snow/cold or warmth you're after

wouldn't agree though if I lived at decent elevation oop norf, would be thinking stuff summer bring on the snaw

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: summer thunderstorms snow snow snow

So typical to get these chart's appearing now,such a waste. What are great charts for the winter,become horrid ones for the start of spring.

N/NE winds in March,no thanks,although it might dry things up a bit.

Been raining steady all day today,lovely.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: storms - of the severe kind

Winters without snow

Summers without storms

Friggin Uk Weather

I got to go to the bloomin mountains of Scotland to see a little snow

Where to go for Summer Storms, Germany usually get some humdingers