Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Spring moans, ramps, chat and banter

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
Just now, Karl. said:

I love the positive attitude in here, it's so refreshing to see someone writing off summer even though it's still over 3 months away..Bravo:clap:

Heres hoping for the latter,me thinks the long hot summers are a thing of the past. Our weather has changed and we must learn to live with it.

• Like 2

Posted
4 minutes ago, markyo said:

Heres hoping for the latter,me thinks the long hot summers are a thing of the past. Our weather has changed and we must learn to live with it.

Summer is three months away?.....*sighs with hope*

• Like 1

Posted

i dont think its pessimism on my part, just being realistic,  late spring and summer are a while off  yet , but lets not kid ourselves, the chance of something bland, probably coolish, lots of cloudy days is much greater than a sunnier and warmer than average summer , it can happen, and will be a nice surprise if it does , just dont expect it

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
34 minutes ago, markyo said:

bit early yet I feel to say hot weather becoming less, Winter cold though obvious getting less

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Never mind summer...can we PLEASE have a Saturday where it doesn't rain! Seriously! Losing count now of how many grey wet Saturday's in a row we've had now. The novelty has well and truly worn off.

Enough already!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.
10 minutes ago, Carl46Wrexham said:

Never mind summer...can we PLEASE have a Saturday where it doesn't rain! Seriously! Losing count now of how many grey wet Saturday's in a row we've had now. The novelty has well and truly worn off.

Enough already!

tell me about it.... ive lost 10 detecting days (saturdays) due to rain since harvest...

i reckon theres great uncertainty in the charts, and many will fall into the old trap of believing the current synoptic charts will become reality in ten days time. the current gfs and ecm predictions are not very usual,  so have a higher chance of failing to materialise?

but theres no sign of spring, thats for sure :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
20 hours ago, Evening thunder said:

Yes maybe an increased chance of a white one then, though who knows maybe we will get a late March like 2012 (probably very unlikely indeed..)

I just hope we get a decent summer (can El Nino finally allow something decent for us?)

Haha I certainly wouldn't want another March 2012. I think that there's a better chance of a good summer should El Niño linger than a La Niña develop.

Edited by MP-R

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish Plumes, Blizzards, Severe Frosts :-)
1 hour ago, mushymanrob said:

but theres no sign of spring, thats for sure :(

We have had more than enough spring weather throughout this winter...way too Bl**dy much!..high time for something more wintry.:D

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish Plumes, Blizzards, Severe Frosts :-)
4 minutes ago, Isabellesnanny said:

Looking for Spring now just as it seems that winter is going to make appearance, in the minority here I know but why anybody prefers cold and wintry in March when we could have lovely Spring days is beyond me.

It's because coldies have been robbed of a winter so I hope March can partially makes up for it. There is plenty of time for spring warmth in April and may and then I will be looking for Spanish plums.. I mean plumes:D..in the summer months.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales
57 minutes ago, Isabellesnanny said:

Looking for Spring now just as it seems that winter is going to make appearance, in the minority here I know but why anybody prefers cold and wintry in March when we could have lovely Spring days is beyond me.

Its because they're that starved of snow, normally people on here would be looking for some warmth as enter March but after 3 years of no proper cold spell who can really blame them for wanting some snow, even if it is in early spring.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal
5 hours ago, Karl. said:

I love the positive attitude in here, it's so refreshing to see someone writing off summer even though it's still over 3 months away..Bravo:clap:

You can't blame people for being a tad pessimistic, as we are so sanctimoniously reminded when a cold spell fails to materialize  "We are a maritime climate" and in my book that holds true for Summer as well as winter, especially here in the South West where we  are further away from a continental influence, and seem to get every piece of s....t that the Atlantic wants to throw at us.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.
1 hour ago, AderynCoch said:

March warmth is overrated. How often do we get a March like 2012?

love march warmth, cant rate it highly enough

but its all the more sweeter after a decent winter.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
1 hour ago, mushymanrob said:

love march warmth, cant rate it highly enough

but its all the more sweeter after a decent winter.

March is a month when I want either a repeat of 2013, or warm sunny, dry and very mild/warm, would love a 20°, but also would love snow

it's the usual inbetween crap, westerlies 8° windy and wet that nobody wants

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

I'm hoping the annoying dregs of winter can move on pretty quickly before they eat too much into Spring proper.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.
2 hours ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

March is a month when I want either a repeat of 2013, or warm sunny, dry and very mild/warm, would love a 20°, but also would love snow

it's the usual inbetween crap, westerlies 8° windy and wet that nobody wants

Indeed. 2012 & 2013 couldn't have been any different from each other as well - crazy months. 2012 unusually warm and 2013 unusually cold. March can certainly be interesting.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

I've always wanted a mix of the two- like the second half of March 1995 in north-east England, when we went from sunshine and blustery wintry showers (15th-19th) to dry sunny weather and temperatures of up to 15C (20th-24th) and then there was a more potent cold snap on the 27th/28th with falling and lying snow.  However it is fair to say that we do tend to get locked into particular patterns for long periods and so we don't often see those sort of rapid fluctuations (although Marches 2012 and 2013 were unusually extreme cases of patterns getting "locked in").  The back end of March 2012 was insane with maxima of 20C and minima of 3C, even within two miles of the South Tyneside coast.

Edited by Thundery wintry showers

Posted

No snow in winter, no hot weather or storms in summer.  Miserable springs and autumns. 

It wasnt like this when I was younger  :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes
10 minutes ago, Nath said:

No snow in winter, no hot weather or storms in summer.  Miserable springs and autumns. 

It wasnt like this when I was younger  :(

Some people say it's a matter of selective memory but something has definitely changed since I was a kid. You could rely on spring showers, Summer heat, autumn gales and even some winter snow. Everything seems to have become so homogenously 'meh' now. More like a perpetual early autumn.

Edited by CreweCold
  • Like 2