Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Spring moans, ramps, chat and banter

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters, warm sunny summers.

Temperature a short time ago was 15C

Crazy weather for late January.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
8 hours ago, TROY said:

:hi: The Atlantic storms have more power then the artic winds, they have won the battle between cold dry air yet again this winter.

Daffs out in the first week of January, sun feels warm already, could we be in for the earliest Spring? and hopefully a long hot summer with barmy evenings? :hi:

Where you been, they where out in December this winter.

Posted
56 minutes ago, Peter H said:

In my view the next 15-20 years may well see these temps become steadily more common. Given general agreement of a 1C warm up to date with at least another 1C in the pipeline and taking into account the UKs position on the edge of competing air masses during winter months I wonder if this winter is an early taster of what will steadily become the 'new normal'.

When taking into account the fact that in most of the last 20 / 30 years, winters have generally been much warmer than the average that tends to suggest the historical averages are becoming increasingly irrelevant as they are measuring the averages in a climate zone to which the UK no longer belongs (IMHO).

I didn't think 88/89 would be beaten in my lifetime but this winter will probably smash that years records into oblivion before its out. We have seen record heat both in Europe and North America, a record El Nino, the earliest ever Atlantic Hurricane. The records keep tumbling and whilst others may disagree I personally think the direction of travel is very clear :nonono:

Posted
7 hours ago, ukpaul said:

They were ignored in the first place by the British media. Just relaying their own frustration where anything 'down south' as they put it gets widespread coverage. As they see it, even the USA gets better coverage. People read meaning into things depending on circumstance, if I had just remained down here in Surrey I would have thought nothing of the tweet, because I knew people affected then I did. There's a whole political debate about being in far flung and/or rural areas that I'm sure, being in Scotland you know something about. The same holds in English regions too. 

Not many will be interested because they weren't really affected but this is still the moans thread isn't it? :)

I'm sure they reported it straight away, this time.

Posted
4 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

Where you been, they where out in December this winter.

i even got me first  snow drops  out   winter  over!!

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

seems obvious Jason, already happening rip winters South UK

Don't think we can say RIP, it will just get increasingly difficult to get genuinely good cold spells, we are a long way from it being impossible though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Blizzards, Hoarfrost, Frost and Extremes
1 hour ago, Peter H said:

It was 15c driving home from West Yorkshire earlier today. Truly extraordinary for the time of year. Start of worrying trend, I really its hope not, but you have to wonder! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

yes, certainly more chance nowadays of 'date' records being broken, 15C in Yorkshire in Jan in the even larger even larger teapot

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Not quite as mild as some of the temps we saw in December, that was just silly and with the shortest days of the year! Sun getting stronger every day now so we could potentially get higher temps under the right conditions, Feb 1998 got close to 20c. even larger teapot  :help: 

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
7 minutes ago, *Sub*Zero* said:

Not quite as mild as some of the temps we saw in December, that was just silly and with the shortest days of the year! Sun getting stronger every day now so we could potentially get higher temps under the right conditions, Feb 1998 got close to 20c. even larger teapot  :help: 

Not far off 13.5C and now it's a barmy 12.4C daft temps for the time of year.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)
Just now, The PIT said:

Not far off 13.5C and now it's a barmy 12.4C daft temps for the time of year.

Ridiculous, 12.8c here! So far the headline for this winter is 'stupidly mild & wet'... Still got February to go so maybe this winter can redeem itself! 

• Like 1

Posted
19 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

yes, certainly more chance nowadays of 'date' records being broken, 15C in Yorkshire in Jan in the even larger even larger teapot

Didn't realise it was that warm, high of 10.9 here in dover, mind you been stuck under fog/mist/low cloud all day.

Posted

think Liam if we got a Feb '98 setup nowadays in Feb, it would break 20°, 18 years on, 

Edited by I remember Atlantic 252

Posted

For me its not just the mildness of this winter  that has made it bad  its just the lack of anything interesting,  its just been dull drab and damp.  Even last year,  which was bad  gave me here a couple of snow events  mainly boxing  day,   and the year before  even though again very little in the way of snow  at least there were a conveyor belt  of depressions bringing wild weather to our shores. This year certainly has to go down as the worst winter for many a year 

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, weirpig said:

For me its not just the mildness of this winter  that has made it bad  its just the lack of anything interesting,  its just been dull drab and damp.  Even last year,  which was bad  gave me here a couple of snow events  mainly boxing  day,   and the year before  even though again very little in the way of snow  at least there were a conveyor belt  of depressions bringing wild weather to our shores. This year certainly has to go down as the worst winter for many a year 

this winter miles better then!

Posted

The only positive for me is a certain forecaster who is always predicting the next ice age, has produced the most inaccurate forecast in the history of  Meteorology!

Despite only a few frosts and no days of snowfalling, I am sure this person will take credit because a snowflake fell on top of Ben Nevis.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms
3 minutes ago, TEITS said:

The only positive for me is a certain forecaster who is always predicting the next ice age, has produced the most inaccurate forecast in the history of  Meteorology!

Despite only a few frosts and no days of snowfalling, I am sure this person will take credit because a snowflake fell on top of Ben Nevis.

Cant possibly think who you might be referring to there....sounds a bit MAD(den) to me..

Edited by Carl46Wrexham

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Currently 16c in Londonderry, Rhyl, North Wales just behind at 15c...in late January!

Insanity.

http://www.xcweather.co.uk/

Edited by Carl46Wrexham
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy Snow

This winter is an absolute bore fest. I haven't seen a single snowflake in over two years in East Kent. Ridiculous really

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

I am thinking that this February is looking very likely to be another mild month... It may well be that March and April end up as the snowiest months of the winter, which was also true in some parts of the country during the similarly insane El Nino of 1997/98.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.

Crazy to think just over a week ago there was snow on the ground here, feels so mild out there tonight!