Cold?
IGNORED

Spring moans, ramps, chat and banter

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snow
1 minute ago, mountsbaysnow said:

well if it does it would be an epic come down and i will cry

You and me both mate, but why to trust the models now when they have been behaving so badly over the last year. 

• Like 1

Posted
8 minutes ago, Ian Moore said:

I couldn't have put it better myself!!..thankyou for taking the time to reply!!..i look forward to logging on tomorrow after I've awoken from my post night shift slumber...here's hoping that there's more of the same to read!! :D

don't log out stay and enjoy the mayhem

• Like 3

Posted
Just now, mountsbaysnow said:

well if it does it would be an epic come down and i will cry

St Michaels Mount and the beautiful beach there would look stunning with a covering of snow! Fingers crossed this delivers some good snow down your way which often misses out. The longer the cold can last the better chance everyone in the UK can see some snow.

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, cornish snow said:

Ahhhhh. You can always come round here to get warm,still got some mince pies left over.

You'd have to swap benches,however. Only cold ramper's in this house.:)

I never wander down the Lizard after dark even wearing  a garlic necklace and clutching a crucifix.

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, Smiler1709 said:

So the big question is, can the models with all the background signals and all the agreements suddenly drop this huge swing to cold? 

Absolutly great to see such cold charts but with all the sudden downgrades over the last few years I'm just worried this could all go bang still. 

Plus Madden will have this on the front page of the Express tomorrow which is always the first nail in the coffin :-)

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, BARRY said:

don't log out stay and enjoy the mayhem

i would love to but duty calls.....!!!....if last night is anything to go by..i wouldn't have time to stop and read!!:D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

Never seen such agreement across the board from all the big players! The forum is going mad I can't keep up with the posts:) we are nailed on for a cold spell aren't we surely based on what the models are chucking out.. As a previous post said - get the cold entrenched 1st then battle royal arrives.  I was in Barcelona one year in the 90s when it snowed and it looks like the cold will dig that far south again too.  Love it! 

Posted

Things are beginning to look great on most fronts!

But, I'm not going to get too excited until I hear it from the Met Office!

I remember listening to a BBC radio 4 forecast during December 2010 when the forecaster ended the bulletin with..

"It's looking very wintry across the entire country next week with snow in most places. And, the cold spell is likely to last for some considerable time" 

I wonder, will we hear something similar from the Met Office at the end of this week?

Edited by snowblizzard
  • Like 1

Posted

Just put a status on facebook about this cold spell. I want to see how powerful of a weather god I am, and how I can make this cold spell vanish by just a few words :-D

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Interesting weather

thought I would just check the daily express "UK snow forecast" page to see if it was gloating, and it said this...

Page Missing Mystery!

Well, we tried. We really did try. But we just cannot find the page that you were looking for. It’s a real shame but we hope you decide to look at a different page on the Express while we try to figure out where it’s got to. You could always use the search box at the top of the site and try again. Or maybe you’d like to see something from these sections instead?

NO! I want to see your snow report! he he....

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, wind, storms

Hi all,

Surely we are due a proper winter, ie cold and crisp with lots of snow? Even down here in the south (I hope these charts come off ) :) Fed up with this cold and damp now.

• Like 2

Posted
5 minutes ago, nick sussex said:

St Michaels Mount and the beautiful beach there would look stunning with a covering of snow! Fingers crossed this delivers some good snow down your way which often misses out. The longer the cold can last the better chance everyone in the UK can see some snow.

6 minutes ago, nick sussex said:

view from our bedroom.on the odd occasion its beautiful this was a few years back post 2010 I'm hoping for something a bit more spectacular than this as this is pretty much the max we get here.

File9634.jpg

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: summer thunderstorms snow snow snow
5 minutes ago, knocker said:

I never wander down the Lizard after dark even wearing  a garlic necklace and clutching a crucifix.

LOL,say's someone from Camborne. Arm pit,cornwall,of ,springs to mind.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms
20 minutes ago, chrisbell-nottheweatherman said:

It isn't the "Cold rampers" thread, you know.

It's not the 'Grinch thread' either :D 

None of us should be on here right now. We should all be busy stockpiling tinned everything.

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Work... Cold but clear. Fun.. 12" of snow!
10 minutes ago, cyclonic happiness said:

Just put a status on facebook about this cold spell. I want to see how powerful of a weather god I am, and how I can make this cold spell vanish by just a few words :-D

Haha.. just done the same on my gardening site... we`re all doomed!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Looks like a possibly quite lengthy cooler spell is coming, the vile Atlantic onslaught stopped in its tracks for the moment at least....not very bothered about any snow but am hoping to see a lot more sunshine than of late!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: heavy snow/ heatwaves

If this does go the way of the pear then blame me...ive just promised my 4 year old nephew his first ever proper snow next week...even promised him a snowman.

Posted

all i say last  night on  the  model thread  they were nearly cutting their wrists because they talk the cold sharp was  not coming  go on there  to- night  they talking feet of the stuff  surprising   how things  change  in  24  hours!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frost, storms
57 minutes ago, Woollymummy said:

thought I would just check the daily express "UK snow forecast" page to see if it was gloating, and it said this...

Page Missing Mystery!

Well, we tried. We really did try. But we just cannot find the page that you were looking for. It’s a real shame but we hope you decide to look at a different page on the Express while we try to figure out where it’s got to. You could always use the search box at the top of the site and try again. Or maybe you’d like to see something from these sections instead?

NO! I want to see your snow report! he he....

They're updating it with tales of the next Ice Age ;) 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Just watched John Hammond on the Beeb practically biting his finger with excitement over the "change on the way" :D 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.
2 minutes ago, knocker said:

Looking at tonight's outputs the very cold spell could well be a two - three day wonder

My thoughts entirely.  Weatherweb suggesting that the cold is not going to be anything particularly extreme.  Snow mainly confined to high ground, and milder after a couple of days.

• Like 1