Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Spring moans, ramps, chat and banter

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.
2 minutes ago, snefnug said:

Oh dear,. Multiple toy debacle in model output thread....

on a brighter note, oddly looking forward to tomorrow and NYDay, nice bit of cold forecast,  possible garlic bulb planting time.

MOD thread is indeed awful at present.  As much as I'd like to see proper cold and snow forecast, the MOD thread is for discussion of what the models are showing, irrespective of preference.  This thread ought to be the place to vent frustrations.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
3 minutes ago, snefnug said:

Oh dear,. Multiple toy debacle in model output thread....

on a brighter note, oddly looking forward to tomorrow and NYDay, nice bit of cold forecast,  possible garlic bulb planting time.

friendly in there isn't it!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow
2 hours ago, Ed Stone said:

I can still recall being made to watch footy on TV (1962 - I think - SPURS vs somebody?) and not being able to see the point...So, what's more (or less?) likely - a blizzard of 31/12/62 proportions, or Spurs winning the League?

Just cos they say good things come in threes....I'm gonna have them two plus Rachel Riley deciding she'd like to hook up with me :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
Just now, Norrona2015 said:

Fairly robust exchanges at times, that's for sure.

I don't tend to post in there, my posts about Atlantic/low pressure a bit inappropriate, even though I believe in Atlantic air and low pressure and mild

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.

Well usually it is, and although the main toy lobbers are on opposite sides of the  colouring pen set, they are both very informative and knowledgable.  Must be all this windy wet weather....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Tantrums over in the MOD thread, jeez... So many toys need picked up!! :whistling:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal

I suppose it's a case of it seeming like people who like mild weather having their preference 99% of the time,and   any hint of cold weather being begrudged to anyone else

• Like 2

Posted

To be fair to Knocker he's only posting what he sees as reality, despite folks not wanting that to be true - suggesting not to get too excited over a a chart many days away showing a short lived transient event is eminently sensible I would suggest 

he is also here in the summer when most of this '99%' aren't - as are frosty, mucka and Nick tbf

• Like 4

Posted
1 hour ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

might get a frost omfg! to start 2016, could be the first and  last, not bad effort for the modern êra

Hello Ian, and how are you these days...................................................................................................................................?

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave
1 hour ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

might get a frost omfg! to start 2016, could be the first and  last, not bad effort for the modern êra

Who is going to be the first to post a new thread....will we see a sub 8c CET again ???

Garden centre just run out of slug pellets

• Like 1

Posted
26 minutes ago, stewfox said:

Who is going to be the first to post a new thread....will we see a sub 8c CET again ???

Garden centre just run out of slug pellets

Indeed Stew, and northern blocking will never be seen again... LOL

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.
41 minutes ago, JoeShmoe said:

To be fair to Knocker he's only posting what he sees as reality, despite folks not wanting that to be true - suggesting not to get too excited over a a chart many days away showing a short lived transient event is eminently sensible I would suggest 

he is also here in the summer when most of this '99%' aren't - as are frosty, mucka and Nick tbf

Ah yes the model output discussion & the Winter drama queens. Now I'm a "seasonal" sort of guy who loves cold and snow but equally enjoy hot Summer weather. So where do the people who only enjoy cold go during Summer? do they actually hibernate or take a break to the southern hemisphere where the seasons are the polar opposite to ours? *mind the pun* :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Winter has been stuck in FI since November and the models keep pushing it further and further away. We will be getting a cold snap at the back end of May at this rate.:nonono:Model runs that far out are like my ex girlfriend, seductive, but in no way can they be trusted.:girl_devil:

Edited by lassie23
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.
20 hours ago, cheeky_monkey said:

i asked the sane thing last year for a cold weather model discussions ...fortunately this year its been so mild the MOD thread has been quietly civilised and nicely balanced...much like it is during the summer..only when any cold appears on the horizon do the lunatics take over the asylum 

indeed there was an extremely good discussion the other evening between fergie, chiono, gp and knocker, nice, balanced, unbiased intelligent and informative discussion.

imho there is a need to separate coldies from realists, theres clearly two differing groups of people interested in the weather.

11 hours ago, JoeShmoe said:

exactly.... no one should be chided for posting what the models are showing, especially by the seasonal loonies! :p

.... meanwhile the chances of a cold spell evolving have downgraded as all the latest runs dont suggest the northern/eastern block will grow to threaten us. its looking like the rest of the uk will get even wetter, joining the northwest, as systems cross us.

at least we have lost the extremely mild temps, and the outlook looks 'normal' with temps around average or just above. but its wet and windy or bright with sunshine and showers, we might even get a touch of frost! (think ive only had 2 this season .... incredible really).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unseasonably cold weather (at all times of year), wind, and thunderstorms.
11 hours ago, Timmytour said:

Just cos they say good things come in threes....I'm gonna have them two plus Rachel Riley deciding she'd like to hook up with me :)

I can't think of anything better.

Posted

Some unnecessary petty arguing going on over in the MOD thread over posting charts that show an Atlantic dominated spell. Poor IDO is only posting what is being shown by the GEFS, granted its at odds with the UKMO and to a lesser extent the ECM but it's model thread for goodness sake and all output should be discussed sensibly.

Edited by Hocus Pocus
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Models continue to be a joke, cold air from the East is now clipping the shores of Norfolk @ T144 after an almighty struggle, then the Atlantic blows it all away in the blink of an eye. Lost count of the number of times in the past I have watched with baited breath and see this sort of thing, I mean the cold air is lapping at our shores for crying out loud, its an insult! :wallbash:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

Meh...whilst I agree there is a pattern change underway across the N Hemisphere, the UK is stuck with Atlantic domination. I can't remember the last period of extended high pressure over us?

Cold prospects keep getting pushed back. Mid Jan looking sketchy now. How long before we see posts saying "patience" "end of Jan likely to bring change"...then it'll be Feb..then Spring.

Much uncertainty to get through before then and 2 weeks is a long time in weather forecasting. But I'm not going to lie - I'm a bit worried just how long we are going to be stuck with this stupid unsettled weather for. What's the bet we get the great winter pattern coldies crave in Summer again...

Posted

I keep saying this, and am lambasted for it, but winter's over - it was over on the 1st of Decmber with an extremely powerful El Nino and raging vortex.  The sooner everyonne accepts it, the better.  Given that the south-west seems likely to join the north in the flooding misery over the next couple of weeks, with the flow more W-E than SW-NE, the main focus is on trying to find settled, anticyclonic conditions in the model ouputs rather than cold which isn't going to happen.

Edited by chrisbell-nottheweatherman
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.
23 minutes ago, chrisbell-nottheweatherman said:

I keep saying this, and am lambasted for it, but winter's over - it was over on the 1st of Decmber with an extremely powerful El Nino and raging vortex.  The sooner everyonne accepts it, the better.  Given that the south-west seems likely to join the north in the flooding misery over the next couple of weeks, with the flow more W-E than SW-NE, the main focus is on trying to find settled, anticyclonic conditions in the model ouputs rather than cold which isn't going to happen.

of course its not over, regardless of what the weather does we are still getting short days - long nights, nature is still in hibernation mode (with a very few brief exceptions) , theres nothing really springlike, nor autumn like, the only difference to a 'normal' winter is the fact that we are a few degrees above 'normal'.

winter isnt just cold weather, winters can be mild. so no, winter isnt over.

• Like 4

Posted
1 minute ago, mushymanrob said:

of course its not over, regardless of what the weather does we are still getting short days - long nights, nature is still in hibernation mode (with a very few brief exceptions) , theres nothing really springlike, nor autumn like, the only difference to a 'normal' winter is the fact that we are a few degrees above 'normal'.

winter isnt just cold weather, winters can be mild. so no, winter isnt over.

You have me, Sir.:oops:  I was, of course, referring to the prospect of cold conditions.