Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Spring moans, ramps, chat and banter

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

My work's Christmas meal tomorrow could have just been done on a BBQ in the car park...

Posted

Not that it's any consolation to you cheery purveyors of the icy blast but those of similar ilk across the pond are rapidly going into melt down. So to speak. For example Illinois is on track for temp anomalies of plus 30-40F over Xmas. I blame global warming.

Posted
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.
58 minutes ago, Relativistic Sting Jet said:

Interestingly, Piers Corbyn said this.

"This will be a memorable Winter, but that doesn't mean whatever speculation you might have heard on the web will happen."

And by speculation I am guessing he means the usual cold and snow talk that comes around every year. Perhaps he has gone for a super-mild Winter right the way through.

Perhaps his brother has a job for him...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, snow and more snow

I am hating this winter so far.  why the hell didn't we get these high temperatures when it was summer.  The land of perpetual Autumn for sure.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days

Just wondering if Winter has to start first before one can declare it's over?

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, snow and more snow
1 hour ago, JOPRO said:

Only plus point over the next couple of days is I will be so busy with work I won't really notice these mild temperatures, I couldn't care less about them  as they are not what Ian looking for in the winter months. Come on coldies think how sweet it will be when we do get cold and snow,it will be all worth it if we get a good easterly in Jan/Feb then this mild dross will be a distant memory.

yes and that cold will probably occur in June when its no good to anyone.  this country's weather really does suck.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

I don't regard winter starting until the first day that fails to record 5C here - may be a long while yet before that happens!

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

At the moment im uttering the phrase 'it's nice to get it out the way first'..

• Like 2

Posted

I refuse to call this "winter", it's perpetual Autumn.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy winters

Interesting to listen to Big Joe B on WeatherBell's Saturday Summary. Those who are saying this winter is like 97/8. Is so far off the mark. The set up is totally different.

Well worth a listen. He's expecting the warmth on the East Side of the States to flip to Cold. But not for another 20 odd days.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
15 minutes ago, Polar Maritime said:

At the moment im uttering the phrase 'it's nice to get it out the way first'..

I said that to myself most of the way through November and it's still happening lol...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.
2 hours ago, Weather-history said:

5 years ago today

6 years ago today and the famous Rob McElwee devilish laugh at the end

I remember that Sir Rob forecast as though it were yesterday.  What many of us would give for synoptics like that at present!:rolleyes:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Snow in my location is rarer than unicorn puke. However, 3" fell in February  earlier in the year, that was in a pretty low-key setup. Don't have any expectations of the British weather, and then you won't have to worry.

• Like 2

Posted

I'm Sure we had cooler over night Temps in June!! Well look on the bright side we are saving a fortune in heating!

Edited by Snow Dayz
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Not interested in snow yet (causes too much melodrama and chaos in December here) but I'd give my arm for a few weeks of crisp, cold sunny high pressure with fog and frost by night. We used to get this quite often in Decembers past but as has happened to other aspects of our climate this last decade or so (some cold crap summers, for example) things are not quite 'normal'!

• Like 3

Posted

Hi All

Well early winter is turning out to be quiet a strange one for sure, however i do feel as we move into deep winter (New year) that the current set up could potentially lead to a 2010 style winter blizzard event, At the moment my untrained eyes see the cold locked in the north with this extreme mild mush locked into the south, It is my opinion that it only takes some of that energy to flood south and hit the warm air combined with an easterly and bang it could be jackpot. Lets face it the Scots always see the white stuff what pricks my ears up is when it kicks off through the Midlands.

I am grasping to the fact that i really do believe we will see a news worthy snow event in the new year i just feel it in my 46 year old bones :cold-emoji: here in Lincolnshire we had no snow at all last winter (Inland Anyway) but keep the faith all its coming im sure of that.

Merry Christmas to you all.

LO

• Like 1

Posted

Daffodils already out in places, what on earth is happening.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Today was the first warm day for a while here with a max of 9.4C and a min of 8.2C. warmer still to come I expect.

Incidentally yesterday was the 50th day of 2015 with snow cover in my home town in Highland Perthshire 100mtrs asl so not too bad in some parts despite no severe spells. Melted today though.

Posted
41 minutes ago, Nick L said:

Daffodils already out in places, what on earth is happening.

The Xmas dafs were out last month, we will be on the spring ones shortly.

Edited by knocker

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Northeasterly Blizzard and sub zero temperatures.

Steaming Cesspit conditions across Southern Britain going by the obs. This cannot be right. Not good for man nor beast or nature. Drought continues over here. Euro High is a bad boy for all.

C

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

I've spent the day making wreaths and fireplace garlands and can honestly say, never in my 30 odd years of making them have I ever been dressed in a t-shirt. The grass, despite being cut last week, could do with another trim. There was a Ringlet butterfly flitting around the garden and the Robin's are bickering like it's March already. Oh and there's lettuce still cropping outside, untouched by frost - looks quite bizarre next to sprouts and parsnips, never seen that before. What an odd year it's been, perpetual autumn. Yuk!

• Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, jethro said:

I've spent the day making wreaths and fireplace garlands and can honestly say, never in my 30 odd years of making them have I ever been dressed in a t-shirt. The grass, despite being cut last week, could do with another trim. There was a Ringlet butterfly flitting around the garden and the Robin's are bickering like it's March already. Oh and there's lettuce still cropping outside, untouched by frost - looks quite bizarre next to sprouts and parsnips, never seen that before. What an odd year it's been, perpetual autumn. Yuk!

Poor nature won't know what's hit it if/when we get a decent cold snap.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
1 minute ago, Thunderbolt_ said:

Wow... 14C today and the possibility of 15-16C tomorrow and on Saturday. I may be the only one, but I say this weather can last all it wants. It's really good to get out in December without needing to wear a coat, and to be able to have a the window open at times.:D

Me thinks the chances of you being the only one are extremely high!!

• Like 2